THE BRITISH ACADEMY OF FILM AND TELEVISION ARTS/LOS ANGELES® KICKS OFF 2008 PRIMETIME EMMY® AWARDS WEEKEND WITH 6th ANNUAL TV TEA PARTY AND
3rd ANNUAL ONLINE AUCTION
Public Invited to Bid on Teapots Designed and Signed by American Idol Judge Randy Jackson, Jimmy Kimmel, Judges and Host of So You Think You Can Dance, Cast Members from 90210, 24, CSI: Miami, Mad Men and more!
Proceeds to Benefit British Academy of Film and
Television Arts/Los Angeles® Philanthropic Activities
LOS ANGELES, CA – In celebration of the 2008 Primetime Emmy® Awards, The British Academy of Film and Television Arts/Los Angeles® (BAFTA/LA) is hosting its sixth annual TV Tea Party, together with its annual Online Celebrity Auction. The public is invited to bid on the celebrity designed and autographed teapots, gift packages and more, with all of the proceeds benefiting BAFTA/LA’s philanthropic activities, including BAFTA/LA Inner City Cinema benefiting local youth, the Heritage Archive, scholarships, seminars and mentoring programs and internships.
The online auction features teapots designed and signed by numerous celebrities, including: Kiefer Sutherland and the cast of 24, Jimmy Kimmel, the judges and choreographers of So You Think You Can Dance ‘07 & ‘08, Randy Jackson, Mr. T, and cast members from several shows including 90210, Farscape, and CSI Miami, among others.
Hosted online by MissionFish on eBay, the Celebrity Online auction begins on Saturday, September 13, 2008 and will conclude on Thursday, September 25, 2008 at 6:00pm (PST). Bids can be placed at link
Other items up for auction include:
• The Tonight Show with Jay Leno Package- The winner will receive VIP tickets to a taping of the Tonight Show, as well as autographed Tonight Show goodies.
• Dancing With The Stars Package- Two winners will receive two tickets each to the finale taping of Dancing With The Stars.
• Heroes Package- The winner will receive a signed script, a T-shirt, DVD S2, trading cards and more.
• 24 Package- The winner will receive signed cast photos, DVDs, a behind-the scenes book, signed script, and other 24 goodies.
• Battlestar Galactica- The winner will receive a framed limited edition of the Last Super shot.
• Top Chef Package- The winner will receive a signed cookbook, apron and mug.
• Signed Scripts- The online auction will feature signed scripts from the following television series: Weeds, 24, Mad Men, Heroes, Dexter, Battlestar Galactica, Brotherhood and more.
• Travel Package- The winner will receive British Airways First Class tickets to London with hotel accommodations at one of the Maybourne Group’s hotels.
The 6th Annual TV Tea Party will be held on Saturday, September 20 at the InterContinental Hotel in Century City from 3:00-6:00 PM. BBC America and British Airways are the presenting sponsors and additional sponsors of the event include American Airlines, Cunard, Bombardier Lear Jet, Waterford Wedgwood and Volvo.
Serving as the bridge between the American and British entertainment communities, BAFTA/LA is a professional non-profit organization founded in California in 1987 to promote and advance original work in film, television and interactive media.
BAFTA/LA’s outreach programs benefit members and other professionals working within the entertainment industry, as well as the Los Angeles community at large. BAFTA/LA provides exclusive access to screenings, Q&A’s with talent and filmmakers, conversations with leading UK-based film and television executives, and the Heritage Archive, featuring broadcast-quality interviews with distinguished British members of the film and television industries. Educational outreach for students and the Los Angeles community includes an after-school screening program for inner-city youth at the Helen Keller Park Recreation Center and a recent partnership with FilmAid to mentor young filmmakers. Additional programs include seminars in association with local universities and festivals, scholarships for post-graduate programs, and recognizing professional and student talent with awards at film festivals throughout the U.S.
Maintaining a long tradition of recognizing the finest filmmaking and television talent, BAFTA/LA hosts a series of social networking events, including, the BAFTA Film Awards Brunch, the Annual Garden Party, and the Awards Season Film and Television Tea Parties in January and September, as well as our gala fundraising events including the BAFTA/LA Britannia Awards. BAFTA/LA is affiliated with BAFTA in London, and members vote annually for the prestigious BAFTA Film Awards.
For more information on BAFTA/LA, visit www.baftala.org.
mPRm Public Relations