Books to Read Would you recommend the last book you read?

kateliness2 posted on Aug 20, 2007 at 02:43PM
In here, please name the last book you read and give a brief description on what you thought, even if you didn't like the book. This way we can not only see books we'd like to read, but also books that we wouldn't want to read.

Here is an example:

The Other Boleyn Girl
by Phillipa Gregory
672 pages
4 1/2 stars/5

I really liked this novel. It was fascinating and difficult to put down. The downside was that is was historically inaccurate in some parts. Otherwise, a great read! Recommended entirely for those who enjoy historical ficion.

Oh, and whenever you read a new book, if you could please just edit over your old reply. Thanks :)
last edited on Aug 20, 2007 at 02:45PM

Books to Read 7 ang sumagot

Click here to write a response...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas kateliness2 said…
The Other Boleyn Girl
by Philippa Gregory
672 pages
4 1/2 stars/5

I really liked this novel. It was fascinating and difficult to put down. The downside was that is was historically inaccurate in some parts. Otherwise, a great read! Recommended entirely for those who enjoy historical ficion.
last edited sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas imtkldpnk said…
Antarktos Rising
by Jeremy Robinson
300 pages
5 starts/5 *****

I love this book. I had to keep going to the internet to look up information in the book. Had to see where he was getting is facts from. It was awesome. I would highly recommend this book and this authors other books as well.
last edited sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas Sunflower said…
Salmon Fishing in the Yemen
by Paul Torday
300 pages
4 stars

This is the absurd, funny yet melancholy story of a rigid, dusty British fisheries expert who gets hired by a sheik from the Yemen to introduce salmon fishing to the wadis. It is not a regular novel, but composed of fictional emails, diary excerpts, news paper articles and more. Original and refreshing!
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas Sunflower said…
Lisey's Story
by Stephen King
559 pages
4 stars

This is Stephen King like he used to be -- a thrilling and horrible story told with a lot of heart and involvng some strange magic. It is a very sad story, brilliantly told. I loved it.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas tubby2002 said…
A Stroke of Midnight
(Meredith Gentry Series)
by Laurell K Hamilton
about 380 pages
5 stars

I thought it was an amazing book. i read the first three in the series also, all awsome. I would recomend it to anyone. It is a fantasy book about the princess of faery who is in a race to get pregnant to inherit the throne from her aunt (the queen), but she has so many enimies that are trying to kill her and her gaurds before she gets pregnant. AWSOME BOOK. As soon as the next comes out in paperback (next month) i will get it and read it then number six comes out next month too.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas PkmnTrainerJ said…
The Redemption Of Althalus
by David & Leigh Eddings
704 pages
4 1/2 stars/5

Yet another excellent Eddings novel, a standalone epic of war, fantasy and magic. Great set of antagonists, only succeded by the protagonists. I wanted this book to have a sequel so much.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas blind_moon said…
Marley & Me
by John Grogan
355 pages
4 stars

This is the last book I’ve read! I dint tough it was going to be a good book but once I’ve started to read it turned the other way… This is a story about a young couple that decides to buy a golden retriever and that discovers that this special golden retriever is very unique. Its clumsy, it destroys everything, it failed every attempt of learning anything… but it’s literally the best friend of a man! I totally felt in love with this dog! I advise this as a light and funny reading and prepare to fell in love in love with Marley, Bob Marley!