Dr. Juliet Burke I feel so bad...

courtney7488 posted on Jun 01, 2008 at 04:10AM
So, this is the second time that Juliet's ride home has been blown up right in front of her. All she ever wanted was to go home an reunite with her sister. Hopefully, a third time will be a charm.

On the other hand, those who have made it off the island obviously aren't happy, so maybe it's a good thing she hasn't left yet. Either way, it's kind of a lose-lose situation for her.

Dr. Juliet Burke 11 ang sumagot

Click here to write a response...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas blackparade said…
Oh I know, I felt the same way! Too bad for Juliet, although you make a good point. Maybe she SHOULDNT get off the island... I mean look what happened to ol' Jacko!

But I really want her to just reunite with her sister already, its startin to really get on my nerves!
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas Shikabane-Mai said…
I think it's a good thing she stayed! Everyone is MISERABLE off the island, I wouldn't want that for my Juliet! Besides, if she had left, she would have had to go back to the island again. :(
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas courtney7488 said…
^True. She has had a really miserable life on the island, so one can only imagine how bad her life would be if she had left the island. She just deserves a happy ending.
Yep. I would want her to get off the island for good and never have to go back. I really hope she'll get to reunite with Rachel & Julian, but for some reason, I feel like her story is going to end in tragedy. :(
^I think so, too. After all, she is named after another character who had a tragic end. I wouldn't be surprised if she died for someone she really loves/cares about (such as her sister or Jack or even another Lostie), just like Juliet Capulet.
Oh man, don't remind me of the Juliet Capulet/Juliet Burke parallel. :'( Makes me sad, I have the exactly same feeling as you. I also think she'll die for someone she really loves/cares about, or even an entire group of people (eg. Losties).

The thing about Romeo and Juliet's story though, is that Romeo AND Juliet died in the end. On Lost, it's obvious that the people who're supposed to represent those two are Jack and Juliet, which makes me wonder if Jack will also die (if Juliet does too). I know Jack is the main character and all and that they don't usually die in the end, but I could see Jack sacrifice himself for the Losties too.
I do think that Jack could die in the end, but I doubt that they'll kill him off before the final season. I also think Juliet could make it to the last season, but I just don't know if she'll survive the series finale. I don't think the writers will kill her until the pregnancy issue is resolved. If she dies without solving the problem, chances are it will never be solved- this will make a lot of fans very angry.
last edited sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas
I can see her surviving till the final season as well. TPTB need a strong leading female who is on the island and there's no one more qualified than Juliet. Since the O6 will come back in S6, she'll probably last until then. And of course! There's the inevitable Jack/Juliet reunion.

About the pregnancy problem. I can actually see TPTB completely dropping that storyline. They've dropped storylines before, so it wouldn't be a surprise since the pregnancy thing has already served most of its purpose. I sure do hope Juliet will be able to solve it, but... I dunno if it'll happen.

Whatever happens though, I just hope Juliet will be part of the major storyline in S5. She was so severely underused in S4. :/
^I agree... she (and pretty much everyone else who's not part of the O6 or named Ben) was pushed off to the side last season. She was so important in season 3, and then the writers just ignored her for most of last season. I really hope next season focuses more on the people who were left on the island... I really want to know what happened after the island moved!

I actually think Juliet may become a leader on the island during the next season. I think she did a great job as a temporary leader when Jack fell ill. At the time, I didn't think there was much point to that storyline since we knew Jack would survive, but maybe it was meant to foreshadow Juliet's potential leadership? I guess it could also affect the O6 storyline if someone finds out that Jack recently had an appendectomy.
Ugh, last seasons's focus was TOO much on the O6, in my opinion. I sort of got sick of watching them and I certainly hope Season 5 will not spend most of their time on the O6 or the Triangle of Doom. I agree with you, I want the focus to be on the island people! IMO, there's much more potential for mythology/mystery/etc storylines on the island than off of it. Darlton have said that the O6's storyline in Season 5 will be about Jack convincing the rest to go back to the island. Strange... a whole entire season dedicated to convincing them? This is also what makes me hope they don't spend so much time on the O6 if we're just going to see "Jack try to convince them to return to the island".

I think Juliet will become leader on the island next season too! Well, I actually see that happening if the Others and the remaining Losties don't join up and become one group. I don't thin it should happen (them joining up) because they're two groups who are so different and value different things. Besides, Juliet betrayed them and the Losties think Locke is a nutjob. But I can see the Lost writers joining them up just for convenience. Anyway, back on topic, I also felt like SNBH set Juliet up to be a leader. She was great at keeping things together when Jack was temporarily down. She's really a natural leader, even though she says she isn't (Not in Portland).

Well, that just shows how much she has changed while on the island. She went from being a pushover and having absolutely no confidence at all to being completely independent (for the most part). She's had quite a transformation in such a short amount of time.

I really hope that whole season is not spent showing Jack trying to convince everyone to go back. Hopefully, they'll show us why they have to go back by showing what's happening on the island. I agree that the two groups shouldn't join together for the reasons that you stated. Also, Juliet and Locke are complete opposites anyway. Juliet knows what life with the Others is like and that Locke has ruined her chances of going home, so I don't know if she would even want to join them again.