Gossip Girl Should I read the books?

lindsey2182 posted on Dec 18, 2007 at 06:16AM
Hey question for all you book readers out there.

I have never read any of the Gossip Girl books and now that I am addicted to the show, do you think it is worth reading the books anyway or should stick to my love of the show?

Basically will I end up being disappointed in either the show or the books after reading them?

Would really love to hear your opinions on this.

Thanks!
last edited on Dec 18, 2007 at 05:34PM

Gossip Girl 15 ang sumagot

Click here to write a response...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas nonames said…
ive never read them...but my sister LOVEs them
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas neeki said…
There are already some forums on this topic :)
I've read the books and i think of them as completely different to the show. I think there are some similarities but essentially they're two different things. It wouldn't spoil the show for you.
I personally LOVE the show. The books are ok but the show is far superior in my opinion.
So I'd say you'd be disappointed in the books but maybe just try thinking of them as different things?
Hope this helps! :)
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas tabitha said…
i think you should read them. cos i've never been a big book-reading person but ever since i started reading the gossip girl novels, you just can't get enough.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas Pinkish1987 said…
I havent read them. But I heard the makers of GG arent going to follow the exact theme/story.
Are the books any gud?
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas krueger said…
hey.. i come from germany and i read the books in german and book nr 11 and 12 in english and i love them...themost caracters are the same in the show and its cool because you can imagine the whole ting better..if i were you i would read the books.they are really good..
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas LilleEirin said…
YES!
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas jlhfan624 said…
It actually depends. If you like the show for what it is, you might not like the books because they are SO different. All of the characters are completely different than their book personas. I personally LOVE the books! I can't get enough of them, but I like the show better because there is no Blair/Chuck in the books and they're my favorite!
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas dawnb said…
ive read the books and i love them but i also love the show they have totally different story lines so you shouldnt be disapointed but you should like them
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas twilightlover13 said…
read them when the show isn't on tv. wait for the season to end so you have a while b4 it starts up again. trust me it gets pretty confusing. I've been trying to read the books at the same time as the tv show and it's hard to keep up with both sometimes lol.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas heatherb0828 said…
what i did was go to amazon.com and you can read a few pages of the first chapter. that should give u a prety good idea if you like it or not. I didnt like it myself as much as the tv show but you may.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas short_arse said…
well i dont think its a case of either/or

i love both the books and the show
and i love completely different couples in each

Book - Blair/Nate
Show - Blair/Chuck + Dan/Serena (but mainly chair)

i personally recommend them because they are so good on there own.
i find that they are hilarious
like when blairs says she wont eat eggs because she doesnt eat 'chicken abortions' and then scoffs her face with some creme brule

so dnt write off the books simply because you dnt want to spoil the show, because they are so differnt you wont notice the show in them
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas Shandiii said…
I started reading the books during the writers strike because I missed watching GG. They're so different but still really great! It's like completely different stories and I really enjoyed them. You should definitely check them out!
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas hallemay550 said…
so they won't spoil the second season if is start reading them? that's what i was really worried about and what made me think about reading them... but i love the drama and the complicated plots of the show, so i think i am going to read the books if they for sure won't spoil the second season.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas Leightonfan said…
Trust me, they are great. I've read the of the books and now I'm hooked. I've read book one(Gossip girl) book five(I like it like that) and book nine(would I lie to you) Nate and Blair's relationship in the books is cute too. Chuck and Blair aren't the best of friends and Blair and Serena are really close so it's all good. If you want to be spoiled before you read the gossip girl books then go to link
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas brucasislove said…
i love the books. i read the first seven and the last one before i watched the show. they're completely different from the show but still really good. the books won't spoil the second season because they're totally different. the series is really great! i recommend them to everyone.