Guinea Pigs Is Your Guinea Pig Not Comfortible With You

k9hatake posted on Dec 27, 2011 at 12:39AM
well i am not an expert but i do have loads of experience on my side. if your guinea pig hides when you walk in the room and tries to run away when you pick it up it probably doesnt trust you. it probably started when you brought it home stared at it and held it continualy.you have to remember you are way bigger than them and thus intimidating and scary. if you want to do it the right way for the first time try this. when you bring your best friend home make sure it has plenty of space and places to hide. you can place food in the cage but your friend may not eat it for a while. dont smuther it or give it constant attention till trust and a bond occur the best thing to do is try to be in the room for long periods of time. start from a further distance and get closer and closer each day, but remember dont star, take ocasional looks at you friend. start quiet but talk aloud and do thing you normally do so he adjusts to you and your actions more. just like a puppy introduce him to other people aspecially your family. keep in mind the intimidation,and smuthering stuff. if you have a tv or radio make sure not to blast it out they have sensitive ears. well if youve any questions just ask i hope this helps and if you have had a guinea pig and have a trust problem do the same, and i almost forgot get him used to your touch a couple strokes everyday until that bond grows.

Guinea Pigs No ang sumagot