His Dark Materials ALL 'HIS DARK MATERIALS' fans READ THIS!!!!!!!

ghiblipullman posted on Mar 14, 2009 at 12:53AM
hello my name is jamie,

i am writing this message to all 'his dark materials' fans out there in cyber space....

did you love pullman's books to the point it took over your life?

did you feel that the film didn't do it justice?

if so read on! being a massive fan of the books and also a massive fan of studio ghibli. the masters behind such amazing films, such as, 'spirited away' and 'howl's moving castle.
having read the books a number of times and also having seen the film, i have come to the conclusion that a cinematic motion picture just can't convey the depth and ingenuity of the written books.

BASICALLY I AM TRYING TO START A CRUSADE OF PULLMAN FANS TO TAKE THE INITIATIVE AND GET SOMETHING THAT DOES THE BOOKS WE LOVE THE JUSTICE THEY DESERVE.

SO JOIN ME ALL LYRA AND IOREK FANS. EMAIL YOUR THOUGHTS AND LETTERS OF SUPPORT TO studioghibliandpullman@gmail.com. AND TOGETHER, WITH ENOUGH SUPPORT, WE CAN AND WILL MAKE THIS HAPPEN. WE'LL GO DOWN IN HISTORY AS THE COLLECTIVE THAT INSTIGATED THE PRODUCTION OF WHAT COULD BE THE GREATEST ANIMATED FILM EVER.

PLEASE

PLEASE

PLEASE......

......SHOW YOUR SUPPORT AND TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW SO THIS CAN HAPPEN SOONER RATHER THAN LATER.

His Dark Materials 3 ang sumagot

Click here to write a response...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas scifibutterfly said…
I liked the movie, but I agree that it didn't do the story justice at all. These books are my absolute favorite! When I first read them (years ago) I would sit and make lists of what I thought all my friends daemons would be... I think it is a fabulous idea to make them into animated films!!! Now I really want to see that!!
last edited sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas TheButterflyx said…
Me too I watched the movie first and when finding out it was based on a book I read that too. The book ROCKS! Which is what all book based films fail to show I mean look at what they did to the Princess Diaries series (if you haven't read it then sorry) but I loved Howl's moving castle the movie.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas silverraven333 said…
the story was good, but the movie was too showy with daemon fading and didnt give the story the full depth. they left out the part that would ALLOW the subtle knife to be made into a movie. i did like the daemon fading effect though. GET THE STORY STRAIGHT MOVIE PPL!