J.K.Rowling PLEASE READ THIS! Someone wants to sue J.K. Rowling!

SnapeOWNSedward posted on Oct 14, 2010 at 08:18PM
I went on yahoo today to check my email and something very disturbing. Apparently the family of some late British author wants to sue J.K. Rowling for plagarizing from the author's works. (link) What do you think is going on? I personally believe they are being ignorant. They should read Thomas Foster, (Some literature proffesor. I read his book for homework.) He stated that THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A TRUELY ORIGINAL BOOK, and that ALL books are going to have similarties esp. if they're of the same genre. We as J.K. Rowling fans need to stand behind her and show her our support.
last edited on Oct 14, 2010 at 08:19PM

J.K.Rowling 11 ang sumagot

Click here to write a response...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas harrypotterbest said…
*snarl* OMG, I'm really mad now! How could they? And who is the person that's suing her? Have you heard of Nancy Stouffer?

link
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas mooimafish17 said…
^^ its so sad - some people will do anything for a bit of easy fame and money
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas GemonkDruid said…
Lol, the family's prolly going to lose anyway.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas harrypotterbest said…
^ I hope they do! Everyone knows JK Rowling s completely original!
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas Hermione-Fan361 said…
angry
J.K. Rowling is like the best author ever! What kind of person would want to sue her?!
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas rabya_1 said…
^ agreed
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas HecateA said…
smile
Well, some people think that by the use of witchcraft she is spreading a message against God. But guys, magic is everywhere. It's that flamme in humanity's eyes that refuses to die no matter how many times you cast Aguamenti. It's those magical creatures that make children drop to their knees and roar like a griffin, bark like a hellhound and flap arms like a fairy's wings. It's what makes grown men and women dream and makes the rest of us march through real life. That's magic to me. Not something Satan or whatever people have started calling it now.

Many people also envy her, for either talent, money, fame or whatever. I got linked to an article on the Stephenie Meyer club *will not go on to that discussion*

But this one is ridiculous, I have to admit, but there have been so many legal disputes about Harry Potter.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas ginnyfreak said…
who would sue her i mean do they not see all of her fans and thatnothing is 100% original they have to getan idea from somewhere.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas maryksand said…
It happened before and it will likely happen again since HP is a very huge thing in modern literature. Someone will always scream: "That's a fake, she/he is plagarasing!" And the truth is that plagiarizing is actually rewriting someone's work. When you write about magic it's not plagiarizing, even if loads of authors wrote about the same before you came up with your book. JKR created her unique world with her own characters based on her own life-experience and if you ever read her biography you would know that.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas ros59 said…
angry
Can I kill the people who want to sue her?
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas MissO1116 said…
angry
This is awful they cant just do that! Grrr people like that make me crazy!