LGBT Bisexuality?

emmahugstrees posted on Apr 30, 2008 at 04:44AM
is anyone else as confused by their bisexuality as me?
at times i know i am, others i question it, and i don't know if it's the "rules of society" that lead me to assume i must be straight, or if it's normal teenage confusion that's leading me to think i'm bi.
help!

LGBT 13 ang sumagot

Click here to write a response...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas Schmidty said…
I'm bi, and I thought the same way as you. Sometimes, I thought I was crazy and tried to block out my feelings towards other girls. Then sometimes I just let it go, but dont react on my feelings. I had many crushes, and I never said anything to anybody, but inside I was hiding my feelings, but now it gets better if you just accept who you are, and I accept that I'm bi, and maybe you just need to let your feelings ride out.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas robertchaseicu said…
I'm bi and I've felt the same way a lot. I just figured out that I was a few days ago but I think I've always subconsciously known. I'm confused looking back because I always fall in love with the male movie characters but I've never met a boy in real life that I would date. I've met plenty of girls I would though. I say that you should just accept it, it'll work out in the end!
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas HollysUsername said…
I feel like this too! My friends say 'Just accept it's how you are'. But I really don't understand it, I feel as though I need to 'pick' one or the other but it's impossible to make myself do so. I'm glad you posted this because I thought I was just being stupid by being so confused :]. Personally I don't like being bisexual because of the confusion but I'm hoping, like you said, that being a teenager is making it harder and when I grow up it won't be so.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas robertchaseicu said…
I know, I feel as though I'm being pushed to pick, and I'm leaning toward lesbian. If I drop my crush on Chase and Sweeney Todd then I'll declare myself lesbian. I'm thinking about just telling everyone I know that I'm lesbian (except my close friends) and then just pretending not to like movie characters
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas LabraLege said…
Oh, I feel like that too! I like my best friend - who is a very nice person, and in the same way I like the guy - real asshole! I asked about bisexuality in Lithuanian forum. So everyone thinks that I will know about that when I'll have sex with both...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas Schmidty said…
I still feel confused most of the time, and I have so many crushes which are mostly girls, and I always wonder if I should just go lesbian, I mean I havent told alot of people how I feel, unless they come up to me and ask, then I'll tell them, but I'm so confused at most times, and I just go crazy a lot.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas Hazy said…
Thank you for posting this, I thought I was the only one who was confused. Sometimes I think I'm straight, sometimes I think I'm gay, It's really confusing! I mean I can't say that I'm a lesbian because I love Johnny Depp and still have crushes on guys. I'm 16 and have only kissed 2 guys and with both I felt nothing, we might as well have been shaking hands. I told one of my friends a couple of months ago, but she was in Canada so I haven't seen her in a while, but she was really supportive. Another problem for me is that I live in rural Ireland and you just don't find alot of bisexual women walking around. Why can't things just be easier! But I have to say, it's nice to be able to talk to people about it. :)
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas Spotty_Vision21 said…
Oh good, I thought I was insane. I keep thinking I'm gay, then straight, and it gets confusing. I tend to lean more lesbian than straight, but I have had some crushes on guys. And girls, too.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas Cinders said…
Feelings of confusion and insecurity are completely natural. It may please you to know that link supports the theory that the majority of the population is bisexual, rather than completely gay or completely straight.

So this is what I advise you: Don't be afraid of any of your feelings. Look for a person that makes you happy. Don't fret too much about whether s/he is a guy or a girl, because inevitably gender doesn't matter when it comes to love. Societal pressure may make you want to focus on your "straight" leanings, and that is OK, so long as you're happy. Feelings change, and somedays you may feel more straight than gay, or vice versa. So all I can offer is, do what I do and just go with it.

I hoped this helped. :o)
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas duckey94 said…
Sometimes, I feel the same way. But lately, I've been thinking about it and I don't care anymore. I'm going to be whoever I am and just go with it. I encourage you to do the same. Genders don't matter to me. I like girls in the same way I like guys. I'm fine with that. Maybe others are different. Okay. Good. Differences are what make us individuals and original!
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas caro_o said…
me too. some times i don't even know what i am. some days i think i may be lesbian. others it's like am i straight?? cause nowadays everyone is "bi". so some days i wonder does bi even exist.??
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas trevarawrusrex said…
Im Bi ..Its Not Realy A Big Deal
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas TheAnswer said…
I completely felt this way all through high school. Even though I was okay with my bisexuality by the end, there was a nagging voice in me that wondered, and still does occasionally. But I think that's fine. I'm just going with the flow now. I'm still attracted to guys and girls and so whatever that means is cool. But when I was 14-16, it was the WORST, because I thought I had to fit into a specific definition.

Now I don't give a crap. :)