Realization. Even though it may seem impossible, the truth is, nothing is impossible. If you keep thinking it's impossible, then it will be. Have faith
Analyze the situation. Create a listahan of "pros" and "cons" to help you better understand why you're seeking pag-ibig or acceptance from this person.
Don't worry about things you can't help. Acknowledge the impossibility as something that is totally out of your hands (ex: marriage, age, sexuality, hang-ups) and know that if something is meant to be, it will be.
Don't take it personally. Perceiving the situation as a personal attack, is not advised. There is no point sa pamamagitan ng contemplating why. In fact, it may create a mysterious attraction to them therefore prolonging infatuation, not to mention causing you a world of pain.
Plan wisely. Set aside a time for any duration. sa pamamagitan ng reflecting, not brooding, you gain insight for your susunod possible crush.
Admit you have a crush. Allow yourself to feel it. If you don't, you are at risk for "Romeo and Juliet Syndrome". The forbidden pag-ibig possibility becomes madami attractive.
Don't dwell. Instead, go out and make new friends, or hang out with the old, But never be mean about them! It will only get back to them and then you will have Nawawala a friend.
ilipat on. Remember that it's not the end of the world. Someone else may share your feelings, but this specific person just wasn't the right one. Just remember that its a crush-no matter how strong.
Mesmerizing. When you start remembering good times you had with your crush, immediately find something else to focus your energy and time on. Don't allow yourself to wallow in self pity for too long.
Be honest. Tell them how you feel. If you find out that he or she doesn't have any feelings for you, it will be easier for you to get over it.
Avoid anger. They didn't do anything wrong and getting angry is just going to push them further away and destroy your friendship. Come to terms with the fact that it isn't their fault they aren't attracted to you that way. This is hard, but a few tears (or a few buckets of tears), a few chick-flicks and treats and a few peppy songs you can dance to will keep you on your feet.
Keep in mind, if you are madly and hopelessly in love/lust, be patient. Don't be too clingy, but continue on as normal, being your wonderful self and ipakita him/her how awesome you are. He/She might just realize one araw that they have been blind this whole time and confess their love; after all, pag-ibig is just friendship on fire.
Understand that if all else fails, think about how devastated you would be if the two of you started dating/getting serious and then broke up. Think of that when you get that feeling. Keep in mind how important your friendship is.
It's not healthy to keep hoping they will one araw feel the same. Try to emancipate yourself from them for a while so that you can rid yourself of your feelings for them, because if you don't, the time you spend around them will be tense and bittersweet.
Avoid thinking about them. You'll only feel worse if you do. Meet new people, talk to your friends.
Instead of fantasizing about how great things could be with your crush, pick someone else. Imagine how great things would be with them. You've probably been doing this with your crush for so long that imagining being in a relationship with someone new might be the breath of fresh air you need to get the ball rolling on getting over him/her.
Maintain some type of distance. While being close to someone may stir emotions, avoiding someone who is regularly seen definitely will. If the person is close, either request "space" or continue normal activities. If the person is not, keep a distance, but not a "duck-and-cover" type of avoidance.
Spend time with the person. You will see their negative qualities, which will be beyond what you can madala if you're not meant to be.
Look at them closely. Find the physical flaws. And then think... "He/She's not that hot! What am I thinking?!" And find someone that you can get, and still be mga kaibigan with your crush.
Stop fantasizing about them! They aren't important. They don't define who you are, that's your job.
Remember that this person is not the end of the world. Someone else may feel the way you do about YOU. Just remember that its a crush--no matter how strong.
Focus on the trait of theirs that is your least favorite. That means, if he is so perverted and you don't like it, or if she is self-centered and you can't stand it, focus. It will allow you to see him/her as what he/she is, as well as get you over him/her.
When you start remembering a good time you had with your crush, convince yourself it wasn't all that great sa pamamagitan ng remembering a much better time you experienced with someone else.
Ask yourself a reason why you want to get over it. Are you married/in another relationship? If so, it's easier to prioritize if you think it through.
Try to minimize contact with your crush.
Focus on your other interests.
Go to the gym and work out. Get your mind off of it and feel better about yourself.
Find comic relief. See the humorous side to things, read comic books or deep thoughts before you go to bed.
Make an exciting change to make yourself feel sexy. Treat your self to a hair-cut, or a new outfit. Make yourself feel confident.
tumawid out or erase his/her name anywhere you might have written it (e.g your notebook, your textbook, the pader of your bedroom, etc.)
Avoid all eye contact with them and try not to look longingly at his/her nose. You'll be madami likely to get over the crush if you aren't always staring at him/her.
Act a bit madami unpleasant around them than your usual temperament. They may act unpleasant back and won't seem as attractive to you, but be warned, you may lose out on a relationship with another person if you are too mean.
You know you will see this person again. They are your best friend and you don't want to lose them. Try to your time with them and start spending time with other people (namely ones of the sex you are attracted to). Start dating and don't feel obligated to your best friend, they're not dating you.
Learn from the experience and come out stronger.
Accept! Always remember that the toughest part will be to observe your best friend be normal around you while you could struggle to do so. There is no way around it but to accept that everything cannot possibly be reciprocated.
Try falling out of love/lust. Make lists of all the things that go against being attracted to him/her - pag-ibig is blind, try to voluntarily open your eyes.
Don't let them see how upset you are. If they know, it'll only make them feel bad and they might start avoiding you. Act like nothing happened and maybe mention another person you think is hot. If they start liking you back, then that's great. Hope it all works out. If they don't, then just keep this up until you find someone else.
Consider the possibility of letting them see you with someone else. Act nicely. Sometimes people don't realize what they could have had until the opportunity is gone. If they don't start liking you back at this point, it's really time to stop crushing on them and meet new people.
Remember that if they liked you but changed their minds at the last minute, you shouldn't get angry or blame things on them. Your friendship should be strong enough to not let something like that keep a good thing down.
Accept it. Whether your window of opportunity came and went, or they're just not into you, acknowledge the reality of the situation. Tell yourself the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
ilipat on. Make a promise to yourself to get over it. If you're pagbaba this article, you're ready to take this step, so just do it.
Reassure yourself. Look in the mirror every morning, smile, and tell yourself, "You're worth it." Really mean it. You didn't do anything wrong, and right now there's someone else out there for you. And it always helps to remind yourself that they are the ones that are going to be missing out on you.
Maintain your decision. If you find yourself slipping, remember the promise you made to yourself.
Associate. If and when you catch yourself thinking about your crush, pick out something about them that you dislike, and focus on it. Be honest. You may have built a pantasiya of them in your head, but in reality they're not as great.
Distract yourself. Go out with your mga kaibigan and have fun. Meet new people. Find a ipakita or a game to immerse yourself in. Keep yourself busy and happy.
Take care of yourself. Keep well-groomed and put on your best clothes. It will do wonders for your self-esteem. Remember step three.
Find someone else. It can be difficult to get over someone if you're sitting there alone on Friday nights. Instead, call up that girl/guy you have History class with who always smiles at you.
Live life. You're a great person and he/she was a fool not to see that. Before you know it you'll be back on track.
Get it out. A good cry always helps. just let your feelings pour out and before you know it. He/She will be just a thing of the past.
If you can not get over it try to do the stuff you pag-ibig like video games tv pagbaba or whatever. Think about upcoming events that will make you happy. This may seem weird but it works 91 percent of the time
• Really focus on trying to find another boy/girl that you're interested in. It's hard to stop loving him/her when they're the only one you see. But don't neglect your best friend.
• If you are upset after finding out they don't like you, talk to someone you trust, like a friend or counselor, about how you feel. Tell them how you're hurt and ask for advice. Holding things in makes you depressed, and that can make everything much worse.
• Tell him/her as soon as possible that you have feelings for them. Waiting only makes it worse. It's not fair to you to have to keep it in, and you can't get over them until you know they don't feel the same way. It'll get worse before it gets better, but it will get better. And who knows? They may even confess to liking you back!
• Still be mga kaibigan with them. It's not fun to lose a friend because of a problem in a relationship and it's even harder with a best friend. Once you do get over them, you'll be glad you guys are still friends.
• Since they are your best friend you probably see them everyday at school so try to just kind of be yourself and act normal. It is hard but if he/she is your best friend then you were probably a little madami comfortable around him/her to begin with so just act normal and don't try to impress him/her or make them like you back. It does not work!
• Try not to tell your mga kaibigan about it because they will only tell everyone else and it will get to him/her and make them feel very uncomfortable. It only makes it worse.
• Some songs might make you feel sad, but listening to others like, "Teardrops On My Guitar" sa pamamagitan ng Taylor matulin might make you accept the concept that your crush might not like you.
• Do nott listen to pag-ibig songs or slow songs. It can cause you to become desperate.
• Make sure you're over them when you're not around them AND when you are. Sometimes you'll find that you have gotten over them during a time apart, but the segundo they come up to you, you fall for them again.
• Don't tell them you pag-ibig them if you know for sure that they only want to be friends. This could damage the friendship.
• Don't overindulge on treats. You will feel even madami depressed in the morning.
• Whatever you do, do not cut contact with the person. Because they aren't in pag-ibig with you, when you avoid them they will eventually just hang out with other people, causing a rift between you two. This can be hard to fix and can ruin any hopes of being close mga kaibigan again.
• Try to be thankful for the wonderful friendship you have, always wanting madami could destroy your friendship.
• Don't try to change yourself to become what you think is attractive to the other person - they will only see you as fake and insecure, a person who is not fun to be with, even as friends!
• Don't attempt to make them jealous - if they really only see you as a friend, halik another guy/girl in front of them won't really affect them, and you'll just end up feeling regretful and disappointed with yourself later.
• If you do tell them, don't automatically assume how they're going to react. This sometimes makes you seem extremely foolish. If you're good enough friends, this might not affect your relationship as much as you think.
• Delete their phone number.
• Did you have a certain route in the hallway that you took to class where you ran into your crush? Or maybe it was a hangout that you always saw him/her. Attempt to avoid these places because the madami you don't see your crush the easier it will be to get over them!
• You have to remember that your crush for a boy/girl will just come and go. And if you kept thinking about him/her, just say this to yourself "There is not only one but many fishes in the water."
• If your crush doesn't like you for who you are, well, all I can say is that he/she will "REGRET" someday.
• Listen to inspiring songs like, "Forget You" sa pamamagitan ng Cee Lo Green.
• Try not to get too depressed. It will be hard, but remember that life keeps going and it's better to go at the same speed.
• Don't stay alone for too long, you'll get bored and start thinking of the person.
• Don't keep thinking of the person. The madami you think about them, the madami likely you are to stay attached to them.
• Don't become bitter! Just because the person doesn't like you in that way doesn't mean you can be unfriendly towards them. Don't let your pride get wounded! Sometimes people just aren't right for one another! It says nothing about who you are.
• Don't let your self-esteem drop. You are still a wonderful person who deserves to be loved; this just wasn't the one who could pag-ibig you in that way. You will find many though who can. So keep faith in yourself!
• Don't break down or ipakita aggression if the person tells you he/she is in a relationship with someone.
• Don't demand the person about ending a relationship with a significant other.
• Don't jump into another serious relationship too soon. petsa for fun, petsa someone you normally wouldn't have been interested in, have some fun as a single person. Seeing that there are plenty of people out there who want to be with you will help you ilipat on and feel better about yourself.
• Don't do anything outright mean or embarrassing. The goal is to get over your crush, not make your neighbor's life a living nightmare, or to lose out on other potential relationships.
• Do not become rude or disrespectful around them. Treat them like a normal human being.
• If the two of you are mga kaibigan on MySpace or a similar site, consider taking them off your buddy listahan or at least removing your subscription to them. When you see a bulletin they've posted or a blog they wrote, just skip past it.
• Don't talk to them when you're under the influence of alcohol. You will say something you regret.
• Remember not to gossip or talk bad about them behind their back, because it will come back to haunt you.