Ang Opisina Philly Jim

Temptasia posted on Oct 26, 2007 at 05:56AM
Why was Jim all weird about Pam wanting to talk about Philly Jim. Did anyone else think he was acting a little strange?

Ang Opisina 23 ang sumagot

Click here to write a response...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas shannieannie said…
yeah! that was weird!!
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas etzio_gal said…
I'm not sure on this, but Philly Jim was a writer, and had a guitar... maybe those are things Jim does, and maybe he felt weird that Pam didn't know that.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas noyollot said…
yes, I agree with you Pam didn't know that.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas Temptasia said…
I thought maybe those were things he wanted to do and he was embarassed that Pam found out.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas watchinginoki said…
first sign I can remember of seeing an insecure Jim. (Probably helps that he's been pit against Roy for the last 3 seasons) Wonder if it's a set up for the Branch Wars episode? Pam is coming into her own...he's always been the one saving her....could be some interesting swings...any thoughts? (I personally enjoy Jim coming to her rescue...)
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas petunia04 said…
Of course he was all weird...the point of second life is to live out a fantasy life and "Philly Jim" is Jim's dream life...he has a cool job as a sports writer, he plays the guitar...cool stuff. He was embarrassed because he hasn't shared any of that with Pam.

Good point watchinginoki, now that Pam is being proactive with her life and taking art classes and planning on a better future for herself she may inspire Jim to do the same..or come to his rescue instead of the other way around. I can't wait to see the return of Karen and what goes down.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas dani86 said…
philly jim represents jim's dreams. he seemed embarassed probably cause he hasn't shared his true ambitions with his beautiful girlfriend
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas chel1395 said…
I am torn between Jim being embarrased that he hasn't shared any of his dreams with Pam and Jim being embarrased that he hasn't ACHIEVED any of his dreams. I'm not even convinced Jim can play the guitar, just that he wishes he did.

I'm also wondering if Jim created this avatar back before he and Pam got together, when he was less than thrilled with the state of his life. Maybe he didn't want Pam to know that he's no longer as concerned about his dream of becoming a sports writer because he's just happy to be with her. I think it is a glimpse into Jim that will be addressed at a later time.
last edited sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas bradlybob said…
Maybe he created Philly Jim a couple of years ago and he's afraid she'll find out about his fantasy life with his GF Pam, with the face of Beesly and the body of Anderson.
Good points Chel.. I hadn't thought of that!
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas llerenaprincipe said…
chels is right :)

remember when jim said
"pam is staying late to achieve her dreams"
so he's feeling weird or something
cause she's doing that and to jim "anything is better than selling paper"

yikes
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas purpleswan said…
i didn't think pam was acting weird towards jim, just their cute little teasing back-and-forth stuff as usual. but jim /might/ have been acting strange, now that i think about it. i definitely see a big story line with conflict about something taking jim away from scranton and it affecting their relationship...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas bstens said…
I think Jim was just embarassed cause he was making fun of him for playing Second Life and it showed that he was playing it just as much as Dwight
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas Ross266 said…
Jim has an acoustic guitar in his room, we saw it in "Email Surveillance"
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas snoznoodle said…
I just thought he was embarrassed because he's a guy who doesn't like to talk about all the stuff he hasn't achieved. We know heaps about Pam but Jim's always been pretty private. Maybe he just doesn't like to talk about the bad things in his life. That's definitely why he never talked about Pam and he probably HATED talking all those hours with Karen.
I was actually thinking that I should go back and watch Email Surveillance to see if he had a guitar in his room. Thanks for pointing that out!
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas marissa said…
i didnt think it was weird, but maybe you're all right.

i thought jim was just embaressed that he was playing to dorky game and pam found out.

maybe this whole "jim's dream" thing is right, but if it is, it went WAY over my head, lol.

it just looked like he spent a lot of time on his avatar thingy, therefore, plays the game a lot.

thus, pam playfully teases him.

but llerenaprincipe is right, jim did say "pam is staying late to achieve her dreams" ...

maybe there is something going on there...

*scratches head*
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas ccarter219 said…
I think Jim's embarassed that he went to point out to Pam how much time Dwight has spent on Second Life and she unwittingly points out his obsession with the game.

Recall: Pam says, "Wow, he looks just like you. How much time have you spent on this?"
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas purpleswan said…
i agree with ccarter219. i think we're reading too much into that little interaction. he was just embarrassed to be playing a nerdy game.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas cycle-of-menace said…
Well, regardless, how many of you jumped on the internet right after the episode and made yourself a Second Life? I know I did!
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas kateliness2 said…
I agree with some of the above, I think he was just embarrassed that he spent so much time on a game like that, making it look so much like him and having some of his dreams come true.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas callstories said…
Just because he had a guitar in his room doesn't mean he knows how to play. I had one in my room for years and didn't know how. (I do now, though. See, Philly Jim you CAN achieve your dreams.)
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas watchinginoki said…
No matter what...again...brilliant writing on behalf of NBC...it's got us talking/wondering. My thought is that the only reason Jim has stuck it out at DM is because of Pam...now that he has her...can we honestly think a man won't move on to achieve other dreams. NBC got us all thinking...and it opens lots and lots of doors for the writers..