The Sims 2 Thinking of buying Sims 2 would it still be worth it?

susiesim2 posted on Nov 04, 2015 at 10:37PM
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum so please be gentle-)

I wanted to ask some Sims 2 Veteran players the following questions.

I only ever played Sims 2 twice at a friends house and loved it but as I was working abroad for long hours outside of my home country I did not have time to look into it further.

Several years passed and when I had more time I looked into the Sims games again to find it had moved onto Sims 3 so I started playing Sims 3 and have purchased everything Sims 3 to date including all the expansion packs and most of the store content right up to the last patch learning about mods and adding CC to my games along the way.

I recently ended up on You Tube looking for tutorials on how to make Sims 3 Movies and became engrossed and mesmerized watching mainly Sims 2 storytelling movies especially with the Sims 2 mannerisms and how fantastic CC appears to look on Sims 2 Sims.

I have watched Sims 3 Machinima and am developing the opinion that while the graphics may look better in some waysI think the Sims themselves look more cartoony (if that's even a word-) and the animations do not appear to be distinct as Sims 2 Animations..........

So after a long (sorry) intro to my questions I keep wondering if it worth my time to purchase all Sims 2 and go through the learning process of using mods and CC with a view to learning how to make Sims 2 mini movies or stick with all my knowledge of the Sims 3 series and my love of an open world?

I actually had a decent desktop PC built just to play Sims 3 so have a pretty decent rig however I am unsure what Sims 2 could play on as we go into into the windows 10 era, (I am currently sticking to windows 7 for the time being) and i worry about non compatible graphics cards and lack of current CC etc.

Any advice would be welcome, I have tried sims 4 just to see what it was about but it kind of reminds me of a mobile phone app that has to be constantly played to silly rules/objectives which drove me crazy so i doubt I will go forward with that for a while.

anyway apologies for rambling on at length but I thought as this appears to be a Sims 2 site current and relative info would still be pertinent....

Thanks for taking the time to read and provide any relevant info-)

save

The Sims 2 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas vampiresrock33 said…
yep its still fun just need a ton of patience for
installing it. dont get a copy without its booklet!
the code on the back is needed to install it
properly.