Tokio Hotel Bill has to undergo surgery!!!

sexymaedel posted on Mar 25, 2008 at 12:23PM

WHOLE TOUR CANCELLED, BILL HAS TO GO TO SURGERY OTHERWISE HE'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO SING AGAIN!!!!

From the Bild magazine website:

Hamburg-Has he endangered his health for his fans?
Singer Bill Kaulitz(18) of germany's most successful rock band Tokio Hotel (DDM) has to go through a surgery of his larynx!
The doctors diagnosed a cyst on one of his vocal chords, that (the cyst) has to be removed immediately. Without a surgery his voice could be affected so strongly that he would never be able to sing again. The completely sold out Europe-tour with concerts in Italy, Sweden, Slowenia, Serbia, Finnland, Danmark, Norway and a show in Dortmund have to be cancelled.
A HUGE SHOCK FOR MILLIONS OF FANS ACROSS THE WORLD!

Bill has already been in supervision of doctors in the beginning of last week, because of laryngitis, says TH-producer and manager David Jost. A further examination showed that a nub has developed on one of the vocal chords, which makes it impossible for the laryngitis to heal. The cyst has to be removed in a surgery this week.
How can such a cyst develop? Mostly a nub on the vocal chords, a so called singers knot, develops because of an overstraining of the voice, says Doctor Julia Vent from the University-Hospital Cologne. If a singer sings too loud or with wrong pressure such a nub can develop. That is encouraged, if the vocal chords are already affected by an infection. A cyst in the larynx is a small bubble filled with liquid. The surgery is made by inserting a pipe through the mouth.

With help of a microscope the cyst is bobba out with tiny, sharp scissors. After the surgery Bill has to go through a several-weeks long rehabilitation, to avoid long-term damage. Producer David Jost: We really hope, that the fans understand that Bill's health has to be in the foreground.

Tokio Hotel 5 ang sumagot

Click here to write a response...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas sexymaedel said…
I've heard it on the radio today and now i found this!! I'm really worried about him!!!
I hope he will get well soon!!!
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas lizzy said…
ye i saw it on video i will put it here , but bill gets better i just know that and he isnt the fisrt that have it so if the sugery goes good bill woud get well soon
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas sexymaedel said…
i also think that he will get better.. but still its quite serious...:(
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas lizzy said…
:P i sad so that i woud be fine :P
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas Rockgrl said…
OMFG! I'm glad I looked at this. I am giving my eternal sympathy to Bill, Tom and their entire family. I hope that the surgery go over well, he does wat they tell him to heal completely and be able to sing again