Bampira What triggered your interest in vampires, and how old were you?

TheCountess posted on Dec 27, 2007 at 07:42AM
For me, it was after watching one of the Dracula movies with Christopher Lee. I'm pretty sure I was 5 years old at the time.

Bampira 72 ang sumagot

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 72

sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas DrDevience said…
Oh my... I was too young to remember, actually. The only night I could stay up late was Saturday for Creature Feature - loved that show! Vampires just always intrigued me.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas bluej12 said…
when Buffy the vampire slayer the show came out
then i watched the movie and then i watched blade
since then i always been fascinated by them
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas amazondebs said…
i used to have a massive (not too far from a giles looking book) filled with tales and mythology and the history of vampires and how they appeared in different cultures and since then i've been hooked on vamps or any myths that involved luring people or imortality(i was a strangly morbid child) anyways when my mum let me watch some of the old hammer horror movies i used to love picking out the bits of mythology that i knew and point out bits that the writers has made up. Vampire movies have always been the only horror movies that have never scared me
last edited sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas gothichero said…
amazondebs, I want that book! My vampire interest started when i was about 8 or 9. All the other girls wanted to be ballerinas or fairies or...Barbie. i ot so sick of pink i switched to black and scaring my teacher.

*Teacher: What do you want to be when you grow up?
bImbo 1: A ballet dancer
bimbo 2: A princess
Me: a demonic goddess of darkness.

lol
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas LadyWednesday said…
I think when i was in 2nd grade, i found this book that talked about vampires. It was a cool book, maybe that's what drew me to it, but i remember being really afraid at night and covering the book up.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas babyromance18 said…
Well i'd watched the first film of buffy the vampire slayer and then when the series came one the interest just grew even more.Also there was the film with tom cruise and brad pitt 'interview with a vampire'.I just think they are fascinating.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas vampierest121 said…
i've always had a thing for vamps but hated what people said bout them
but just not to long ago i've became one right after i started twilight thats when my step dad had some theries on vamps (few are right most are wrong)then i fond out that i wasnt fully a vamp but will be soon
gothichero it's called "beasts of the night" and i got it from a carboot lol

and hey i was blmbo 1 i wanted to be a princess lol

of the underworld mwa ha ha ha ha ha
(when i was little i thought hades was a girls name)
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas momo_gurl11 said…
when I was eight I read a book about vampires and got hooked. It was one of the Amelia-Atwater Rhodes books. I got hooked. People thought me strange when they aske what "fairy tale creature" I liked.
kudos on the new icon momo gur

i used to love stuff like that too, although i was also a big fan of traditional fairy tales
my room is a huge clash of bimbo meets indie
I LOOOOOVE FANTISY! but im in a stage of blood sucking

DEB! your room sounds great but mine is 6 different colors (red,green,light blue,yellow,and blue and dont forrget carpit!)
lol it's not it's a huge mess really, i have a union jack duvet, sky blue walls, bollywood curtains, insense and black candles EVERYWHERE buffy posters and pics scattered around rock and crystals scattered around and white victorian style furniture, it looks like a thrift store lol
woooooow! I WANT YOU ROOM!!!!!!!!1 my mom would never let me put stuff on the walls that she thinks is taky i had to talk her into leting me have posters (and of people i dont even like!) thats why i'm want to strat getting magazins with posters in them
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas 11relaxing said…
i cant remember how young i was but i saw a vampire slayer movie and i liked the vampires more than the slayers and now i wach young dracula.
once my cuz and i started to watch blake and i really like it (my cuz HATED it ) but before it was done my mom saw what we were watching and told us to put somthing else on cause we were to young to watch it
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas babybell said…
OMG it was only for like a year or so..... ever since young dracula came out. Then i watched like loads of vampire films like Van Helsing and Blade and i just got hooked. I've never been scared of vamps in films ad stuff- i don't know even when i was really small and i wasnt really a vampire fan i wa never scared..... it was just overpowering sense of thinking ' wow, vampires are really cool ', but no fear. Other things i've found really scary though, cose i went to see ' Women in Black' last night at Fortune Theater with my year, and i was (call me a wimp if you want, but if you see it youll realise i had justification) screaming my head of like the whole way through, and i never thought i had been that scared in my ENTIRE life.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas babybell said…
So was the rest of the year.....
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas ineedcoffee said…
I was a young thing and my mother watched soap operas there was this one called Dark Shadows it was cool. Barnabas and angelique,the vampire and the witch. It was way ahead of it's time.
never heard of it
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas TheCountess said…
It was a partial inspiration for Buffy. ...kind of a vampire soap opera, back in the 60's. A lot of it was on the cheesy side, but I used to love watching it.
oh... i fell really dumb now
No reason to feel dumb... unless some station did reruns, I'm sure it aired before your time. :)
was that supose to be nice
yes, why would think it was meant to be nasty?
i hear a lot about this program, does anyone no of anywhere where i could watch some of it?
vampierest121 - It was in no way meant to be nasty, and if you took it that way, I apologize. I'm just guessing that you are way younger than me. I used to watch it in the 60's. I'm one who has never had cable, so I'm also clueless as to whether they ever aired reruns.

Debs - I know it's been available on video, and more recently on DVD, but I don't know if it's something that could be found at a video store or online. There's also a lot of episodes because it aired daily on weekday afternoons, just like soap operas. I think it ran for about three years, but I never got to see the entire run. The earlier episodes didn't even have Barnabas (the vampire) in them. I'm not sure how far they were into the series before they introduced him.
hmm i'll go and have a look
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas DrDevience said…
None on YouTube. I looked for them a few weeks ago.

I used to skip last class in school to get home in time for Dark Shadows ;)
you badass DrD!!!
ooo i found season 3
link
i'll pass on da movie...i like books MUCH more
Debs - I'm pretty sure Barnabas would be in those. They're slower paced, but at least you'll get a taste of what they were like.

DrD - I would have loved to have done the same thing. At that time, I was living in the country, and was bused 18 miles to a public school, so there's no way that could have happened... that, or in the summer I was stuck working in the fields, and ended up missing a bunch too. We got a whole 3 channels on tv at that time, and I think the station that aired it dropped the last season.

vampierest121 - There were at least two movies released, but I didn't like them as much as the series. There were also a bunch of Dark Shadows paperbacks released. I've never read one, but my Mom used to collect and read them.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas LBR said…
i love the anne rice vampire novels and Buffy, ive been into vampires and creatures like them sense i was a little kid. i just love them they are so cool.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas Jillywinkles said…
I guess I've always heard about Dracula, but it was the Buffy series that really got me into it. That introduced me to the idea that vampires aren't just evil killing fanatics.
YES! books books books galor! *starts to sing and dance*
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas D4RK_ANG3L said…
Unfortunately I do not recall when was the first time I admire this kind of persona (Vampirism).
But one thing is for sure that I'm most interested by its mysterious kind of image and lifestyles.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas ChibiKittay said…
When I think i was about 7 and my cousin kept on swearing he was one and bit my neck hahaha its actually hurt and was bruised for like 2 weeks if i remember correctly. Bastard ^^
um...he bit you?....ok thats just plain odd!
I CANT BELEVE HE BIT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas xElvenPiratex said…
Buffy started it all. I first saw it when I was 11 and I've been hooked on vampires ever since.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas Darkangel6 said…
It was Interveiw with a Vampire, I was 5 at the time
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas shortynme said…
I can't remember when I first started liking Vampires. My dad wouldn't mind watching rated R movies with us kids (my mom wanted to sacrifice him to heaven for this lol). So ever since I was a kid I've seen all kinds of movies, so Vampires have always been one of my favorite mythical creatures. I remember watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the 80's movie), Interview with the Vampire, Dracula Dead and Loving It, and all sorts of small name movies that I don't remember. I've also taken a Gothic and Supernatural Literature class in College and we had a whole month devoted to Vampires. Including the first known Vampire stories that were written in a London newspaper. No joke! Varney the Vampire! :)
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas lollapaloosa said…
hhmmm...i think i was around 14 or 15 when i read a really good vampire novel (sorry, i forgot the title!) and it somehow piqued my interest in vampires. i find them fascinating...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas Quendy said…
It was when I saw "Young Dracula", love it :)
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas JKwillieluvr said…
when i was about in the 3rd grade a i was then i faded out of it then i read the twilight series and im hooked again and im reading all sorts of Vampire and VAmpire romance books and watching the movies!
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas thevampiregirl said…
always had a thing for them really. but then i read the twilight books and started watching moonlight, and BAM i was obcessed =)
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas frlydia333 said…
Peeps by Scott Weserfeld, when i was thirteen (and the twilight books; love ya Jasper!!)
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas Cammie said…
Oooh I remeber it well. It was those Christopher Lee Dracula films of the 1970s made by Hammer. I was about 10 or twelve at the night. Every Saturday one of the channels showed horror movies and I soooooooo loved them. I used go to my room and watch them in the dark - believe it or not I never had one bad dream as a result.
I still love vampire movies and horror movies in general but not what they are making these days though: it;s all special effects and no plot or intrigue.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas hawlkseyes said…
the first vamp movie i saw was blade but i didn't really get in to them till buffy a little later
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas luversvampires said…
my aunt actually got me into vampires. she leant me a book with a bunch of vampire short stories. and she had me watch dracula with ligossi. i'm not even sure how old i was, maybe like 5.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas ebathory said…
I've been interested since I was about 11 I read books and histories of vampire mythology and it facinated me. I started watching and reading everything I could about vampire history and folklore, and I've never looked back.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas BellaLuna said…
In the second grade I had a goofy little Vampire Club. After I watched The Lost Boys I was hooked.
Now im more intrested in the lust side of vampires.