X-Men X-Man of the Week [CONTEST POSTPONED INDEFINITELY]

x-menobsessed26 posted on May 15, 2016 at 04:48AM
Welcome to the new X-man of the Week. This is very similar to the 'Mutant of the Week' run from long ago. However, we are starting over from scratch with everyone available for selection.

Each week there will be a new poll posted, with roughly seven to ten characters selected all pertaining to the category of choice. The characters do not need to be official X-men, closely associated is enough. This includes family members, clones, villains, and members of splinter teams. The same day the new poll is posted, the old one will close, the winner will be posted and that character's week begins. That week, in turn, is dedicated to that character. This DOES NOT mean that other characters can't be posted. It's just in the hope that each character will slowly get some form of recognition.

If you're not interested, you needn't participate. This is purely for fun.

This forum is dedicated to this "contest", so to speak. This is to discuss the characters who are the X-man of the week, discuss "X-man of the Week" itself, and anything else that comes to mind.

If the voting for the X-man of the Week ends with a tie, I will first take my vote away so it doesn't count and hopefully breaks the tie. If it doesn't, well, random choice generators were created for a reason.

I would like to ask for ideas for categories. The obvious choices are teams, debut years, hair colors, eye colors, etc., but I would like some other ideas if you come up with them.

Thank you so much and let's have some fun!! :D

Week 1 : Leaders : Scott Summers / Cyclops
Week 2 : Tattoos : Neena Thurman / Domino
Week 3 : Blonde Hair : Warren Worthington III / Archangel
Week 4 : Generation X : Jubilation Lee . Jubilee
Week 5 : Red Hair : Raven Darkholme / Mystique
Week 6 : Add your own choice! : Anna Marie Darkholme / Rogue
Week 7 : Fiery Powers : Amara Aquilla / Magma

Week 8 : Add your own choice! : Katherine "Kitty" Pryde
Week 9 : "X-Men: Evolution" title sequence characters : Logan / Wolverine
Week 10 : Generation X members : Jubilation Lee / Jubilee
Week 11 : Blue Eyes : Neena Thurman / Domino
Week 12 : Hair Colors of the Rainbow (ROYGBIV) : Gaveedra Seven / Shatterstar
Week 13 : Telepathic Villains : Nathaniel Essex / Mister Sinister
Week 14 : Appeared in "Giant-Size X-Men #1 -- Deadly Genesis" : Lorna Dane / Polaris
Week 15 : Magneto's Acolytes "Wolverine and the X-Men": Raven Darkholme / Mystique
Week 16 : Telepathy : Danielle Moonstar
Week 17 : New X-Men : Joshua Foley / Elixir
Week 18 : Original Timeline Resistance X-Men from X:DOFP: Erik Lehnsherr / Magneto
Week 19 : "X-Men: TAS" Title Sequence Characters : Rogue
Week 20 : Code Names Starting with the Letter 'S' : Surge / Noriko Ashida
Week 21 : Code Names Starting with the Letter 'P' : Phoenix / Jean Grey
Week 22 : Appeared in "Ultimate X-Men #53" : Remy LeBeau / Gambit
Week 23 : 1 of ea. squad in New X-Men Yearbook Special : Scott Summers / Cyclops
Week 24 : Add your own choice! : Alexander Summers / Havok
Week 25 : IGN's Top 25 X-Men List : Nightcrawler / Kurt Wagner
Week 26 : Villains : Regan Wyngarde / Lady Mastermind
Week 27 : M-Pox Victims : Alison Blaire / Dazzler
Week 28 : New Charles Xavier School X-Men : Emma Frost
Week 29 : Code Names Starting with the Letter 'F' : Firestar / Angelica Jones
Week 30 : 1992 Debut : Bella Donna Boudreaux
Week 31 : Appeared in "X-Men: Apocalypse" : Psylocke / Elizabeth "Betsy" Braddock
Week 32 : X-Corps Members : Martinique Wyngarde / Mastermind
Week 33 : Add your own choice! : Pixie / Megan Gwynn
Week 34 : Appeared in Uncanny X-Men #334 : Robert "Bobby" Drake / Iceman
Week 35 : Playable character In Contest of Champions : Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch
Week 36 : X-Factor Investigations : Rahne Sinclair / Wolfsbane
Week 37 : Wings : Warren Worthington III / Angel
Week 38 : Appeared in X-Men:Schism #3 : Victor Borkowski / Anole
Week 39 : Pryde of the X-Men characters : St. John Allerdyce / Pyro
Week 40 : Claws : Gabrielle "Gabby" Kinney
Week 41 : Brown Eyes : Jonothon Starsmore / Chamber
Week 42 : Phoenix Hosts : Rachel Summers / Prestige
last edited on Dec 24, 2017 at 09:43PM

X-Men 47 ang sumagot

Click here to write a response...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas x-menobsessed26 said…
big smile
The poll for Week 1 is now live. The category is 'Leaders'. The choices are :

Scott Summers -- Cyclops
Charles Xavier -- Professor X
Erik Lehnsherr -- Magneto
Celeste Cuckoo -- One-of-Three
Kitty Pryde -- Shadowcat
Ororo Munroe -- Storm
Alex Summers -- Havok
Danielle Moonstar -- Mirage

The eight characters chosen were chosen by random. The only qualification needed to be on this list is to show a significant prominence or potential for leadership on a consistent or consistently growing basis. The poll is posted here : link
Because it's getting closer to the X-Man of the Week being chosen, I would like to remind everyone to double check that your content has not already been added to this spot. All duplicate contributions will be reported. There is a search bar on the home page of the X-men spot to search by keywords to ensure that what you've added has not already been added.
Week One -- Leaders is CLOSED!! "Scott Summers -- Cyclops" is the winner.

Week Two -- Tattoos is now open. The choices are :

Elizabeth Braddock -- Psylocke
Rachel Grey/Summers -- Marvel Girl
Neena Thurman -- Domino
Lucas Bishop
Erik Lehnsherr -- Magneto
Quentin Quire
Akihiro -- Daken
James Proudstar -- Warpath

Again, the eight characters were chosen at random. The only qualification needed was to have a tattoo. Each one did, at least for a time,

Psylocke -- Crimson Dawn
Marvel Girl -- Tattoos on face from being a hound and recently a large Phoenix tattoo on her back.
Neena Thurman -- Tattoo over her eye
Lucas Bishop -- Tattoo of an 'M' over his eye
Magneto -- Identification tattoo on arm from concentration camp
Quentin Quire -- Omega tattoo over an X from the Omega gang
Daken -- his signature tattoo on chest and shoulder
Warpath -- tattoo of a Thunderbird in honor of his brother, the deceased X-man 'Thunderbird'.

You can vote on Week 2's poll here:

link
In honor of it being Cyclops week, here are some questions to answer.

Which decade did you guy's best like Cyclops in (if you like him at all)? Is there a specific story-line that really stuck out to you?

Which of his many love interests did you like him best with? Least like him with? Is there anyone whom you think he would be great with with whom he hasn't yet appeared?

Do you think Cyclops was right?

Which of his costumes did you like the best?

Is Cyclops your favorite of the Summers clan?

Do you think Cyclops makes a good teacher? Leader? Both? Neither?

Which comic universe do you like his character the most in? Is there a cartoon you think portrays him the best? How about movies? Do you think James Marsden was a good cast for Cyclops? Do you wish he had appeared in the movies more?
last edited sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas
 [b]In honor of it being Cyclops week, here are some tanong to answer.[/b] Which decade did you
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas FireNIce17 said…
I don't think there was ever a specific decade in which I liked him more or less. Stories in which I really liked him specifically are hard to come by. However, I thought my least favorite stories involving him were three : everything involving him and Maddy after Jean was resurrected, how he treated Jean after his possession by Apocalypse, and how he treated everyone after Schism until his death (he had his moments, but for the most part, the writers did a good job of making him an unlikable dickturd).

Many love interests is right!! Though I do like some of his interactions with Emma, and I like both characters individually, I think he was best with Jean.

In some ways, I do believe Cyclops is right, and though I don't always agree with the methods he took, I cannot think of a better way to have handled it in which would have accomplished anything.

My favorite of the Summers boys fluctuates, but right now, I think Cable is my favorite, not Cyclops.

Yes, I believe Cyclops makes a great leader AND teacher (they're very similar roles).

I can't say which portrays him the best because I have really only read the mainstream universe. I tried the Ultimate comics, but didn't enjoy them. I think, strangely enough, X-men Evolution did a good job of portraying Scott. It was a different take on the X-men, and it worked well. Wolverine and the X-men was too short lived and focused a lot of energy on making Cyclops a whiny crybaby. The original 90's cartoon seemed to focus a lot of ITS energy on making him the bad guy compared to Wolverine, a common practice. Yes, I liked James Marsden, and yes, I wish he would have appeared more, but I also think it's a good thing he didn't. The writers would have probably used that time to slam him some more. I didn't like the guy who played him in the Origins movie.

Good questions!
Week Two -- Tattoos is CLOSED! "Neena Thurman / Domino" is our winner.

Week Three -- Blonde Hair is now OPEN! The choices are :

Illyana Rasputina -- Magik
Warren Worthington III -- Archangel
Emma Frost -- White Queen
Alison Blaire -- Dazzler
Paige Guthrie -- Husk
Meggan Puceanu -- Gloriana
Samuel Guthrie -- Cannonball
Amanda Sefton -- Magik

The candidates were randomly chosen from a list of fifteen of the best known X-men with blonde hair. If you haven't already, you can vote on the new poll here :

link
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas FireNIce17 said…
sad
No questions for Domino this week?
I'm very sorry for not posting anything for Domino. It was a very busy week in my personal life, and I completely forgot.

That said, better late than never, here are some questions about Domino.

Domino isn't usually at the forefront of the X-titles. Is she someone you would like to see more of?

If she were to be played in a film, is there anyone you would think of to do a good job? Or if she were to be in a cartoon, a voice actor?

Would you like to see her in a Deadpool movie, or X-Force movie?

Are there any love interests for Domino you think she would be best with?

Is she one of your favorite Women of X and why?

What are your thoughts on her being afraid of chickens?

If you had her powers, what would you do with them, if anything?

I'll see you all in a few hours with Week 3's winner and Week 4's choices! :D
 I'm very sorry for not posting anything for Domino. It was a very busy week in my personal life, and
In honor of Week 3's winner, here are some questions to be answered about Warren Worthington III.

Who of his previous love interests did you like him best and least with? Is there anyone he hasn't dated whom you would like to see him with?

Do you like his wings the color white or do you think they would have looked better another color?

If your wings would have been lost like his were, what would you have done? How about when you came to your senses after being the horseman Death?

What do you think of his origins as a member of an ancient race of angelic looking mutants?

Do you think he's overrated, underrated, or neither?

Is he someone you would like to see more of less of?

Do you think the writers tend to do him justice or no?

If he were to have a son, should he name him "Warren Worthington IV"?

What do you think in general about his costumes?

If you had to choose three words to describe him, what would they be?
 In honor of Week 3's winner, [b]here are some tanong to be answered about Warren Worthington III.[
heart
Week 4's poll is now CLOSED! The winner is Jubilation Lee / Jubilee by a very wide margin. Thank you all for voting last week. Week 5's poll is now OPEN. The category is Red Hair. The candidates were, again, chosen at random and the qualification is rather obvious. The choices this week are :

Madelyne Pryor / Goblin Queen
Amelia Voght
Russell Collins / Firefist
Jean Grey-Summers / Phoenix
Angelica Jones / Firestar
Cain Marko / Juggernaut
Raven Darkholme / Mystique
Rahne Sinclair / Wolfsbane

You can vote on the new poll here : link

Have a great rest of your week, everyone. There will be questions about Jubilee posted later tonight, and I'll see you on Sunday with the new "X-Man of the Week".
Week 5's poll is now CLOSED! The winner is Raven Darkholme / Mystique. It was a tie between Jean and Raven, but taking my vote away leaves Raven the winner! Thank you to everyone who turned out to vote. Week 6's poll is now open! This week is something different, due to my technical difficulties, we are moving forward with an Add Your Own Choice week! There are five choices pre-added, but PLEASE add your own!

Have a great rest of your week! Due to my lack of posting last week, I will be posting for both Jubilee and Mystique tonight.
In honor of Week 4's winner, Jubilation Lee/Jubilee, here are some questions to get you started today.

Did you like how her character was treated in the new film, X-men: Apocalypse? Did you like Lana Condor's portrayal?

Do you like her classic yellow jacket look?

Are her powers something you would like to have? How would you use them if you had them? Would you use them at all? Are there any ways you would use them creatively that hasn't been shown with her yet?

What is your opinion on vampire Jubilee? Was it just a stunt or to get her out of X-Men titles?

Did you like her as Wolverine's sidekick?

Is she someone you'd like to see more of in the future? Less of?

Is she a character you're glad they created?

Did you like her character in the animated series? Would you have liked her to have other X-kids to hang out with? Did you like her being the only one?

Is there anyone you would like to see her romantically linked with?
 In honor of Week 4's winner, [b]Jubilation Lee/Jubilee[/b], here are some tanong to get you starte
In honor of Week 5's winner, Raven Darkholme/Mystique, here are some questions for you to answer!

Do you like Mystique's movie scales or would you have preferred blue skin? Would you like to see her iconic white dress costume in the films?

Do you think Mystique leans more good or bad? Do you like her better on the good or bad side?

Where would she rank on your list of best X-Men villains? Best female X-Men villains?

As a character, not an opinion on the actresses, do you like the original movie trilogy's sultry villainess or the new trilogy's confused young woman?

Do you like thinking of her as a mom? What is your opinion of her as a mom?

Would you want her powers? Would you use her powers? How often would you use them? If your natural form suddenly turned into her blue form, what would the people in your life say?

Would you cosplay as Mystique?

Has Mystique ever been a staring character in a fanfiction you've written?
 In honor of Week 5's winner, [b]Raven Darkholme/Mystique[/b], here are some tanong for you to answ
heart
Week 6's poll is now CLOSED. The winner of the 'Add Your Own Choice' poll was Anna Marie Darkholme/Rogue. The Week 7 poll is now open. The category is 'Fiery Powers'. The only requirement is that you needed to have displayed flames or flame-like projections at some point. The options were randomly chosen from a list of well over twenty characters. The poll is now posted here : link

Have a great week everyone, and I'll see you next week.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas EdyFicio said…
cool
Mystique is cool!!!
big smile
Welcome back all of you lovely faces to "X-Man of the Week"! I'm happy to say that this is starting up again and hopefully will be for the remainder of my time on Fanpop. Once again, I apologize for the extended hiatus.

However, now that it is started up again, I have decided that I will not be including the characters that were previously used (see above : Weeks 1 - 7) as there are so few of them and many, many other characters never got a chance. As before, I would love to take suggestions for categories to do every week. Doing the same style each week will get boring (eye color, hair color, power set, debut year, teams, etc.), so if you have anything interesting or fun, please let me know in a comment, reply, or message.

This week marks a long awaited week 8 in our "X-Man of the Week" segment. This being the first week back, I went with something rather basic and just chose some of the more popular names in X. I gave the usual eight choices, rather than just five like I did previously for an "Add Your Own" week, but left it open for you to add your own as well if you would like something different.

Also helpful in choosing popular characters, the image uploader was disabled at the time this poll was posted. Bummer, but not entirely handicapping.

Our candidates this week include :

Charles Xavier / Professor X
Henry "Hank" McCoy / Beast
James Howlett / Wolverine
Ororo Munroe / Storm
Katherine "Kitty" Pryde / Shadowcat
Remy LeBeau / Gambit
Kurt Wagner / Nightcrawler
Emma Frost

but please feel free to add your own as the week progresses.

The winner will be announced sometime next Sunday. Have a great week everyone!
heart
Week 8's poll is now CLOSED! The winner of the popular characters/add your own choice poll was : Katherine "Kitty" Pryde / Shadowcat

Week 9's poll has been posted. The category is "X-Men: Evolution" title sequence characters. The requirement for this poll was that the character had to appear as a main character in either the title sequence for seasons 1 & 2 or seasons 3 & 4. As always, previous winners were eliminated from the running, leaving our choices as :

Jean Grey
Ororo Munroe / Storm
Logan / Wolverine
Evan Daniels / Spyke
Henry McCoy / Beast

As the week goes on, I will hopefully get some Kitty oriented items posted. Be warned, however, that I may not get anything posted until at least Friday. If this happens, I will post into week 9's winner's week too.

I hope you guys have fun with this poll and we gets some votes from someone other than myself this time! As always, have a great week and I'll see you all on Sunday to announce our winner for Week 9 and post the poll for Week 10.

P.S. If you guys have any suggestions on categories, I could really use them! My old ideas sound so lame now. =P
sunny
Week 9 is now CLOSED! The top three contenders were Jean Grey, Wolverine, and Nightcrawler. Taking my vote away left Wolverine and Nightcrawler, and a random generator decided that Wolverine would be our winner for Week 9. Better luck to Jean and Kurt next time.

For Week 10, which is now OPEN, our category was Generation X members. The same random generator kicked out our first seven names as :

Everett Thomas / Synch
Jonothon Starsmore / Chamber
Sean Cassidy / Banshee
Emma Frost
Jubilation Lee / Jubilee
Angelo Espinosa / Skin
Paige Guthrie / Husk

You can head over there right now to leave your vote by following this link : link

Don't forget to also comment why you chose that character and then leave some interesting Wolverine related stuff to do.

I do apologize for not participating much last week, which is a super bummer since it was one of my favorites, Kitty's, week to shine, but this week will be entirely dedicated to the man with the metal claws. However, tonight I will finish up my Kitty related shenanigans, starting with a post in this same forum.

As always, if anyone has any questions, comments or concerns, you know where to find me. I can always use some ideas for categories if anyone has any. Have a great week and I'll see you all on Sunday to announce the new winner!
Hello fellow X-fans. Week 10 of 'X-Man of the Week' : Generation X members is now CLOSED. Our winner was Jubilation Lee / Jubilee. There was a tie between Jubilee and Chamber, and Jubilee was ultimately declared the winner. Congratulations to Jubilee!

If anyone is still paying attention to this contest, they would have noticed that I was absent for the full of last week. I do apologize for that. I had a few minor health problems to attend to. By the time I was feeling up to checking Fanpop, it was Friday, and was better off just waiting until Sunday to post the new poll.

Since voting is at an all time low, I've decided to re-open the seven previous winners to the voting. Sorry to anyone who sees this as unfair.

That said, the poll for Week 11 is OPEN. The category is blue eyes, in honor of X-Men Blue #1 coming out last week. Out of many, many, MANY X-Men with the baby blues, only the usual seven were chosen. Those seven are :

Julian Keller / Hellion
Heather Cameron / Lifeguard
Irma "Mindee" Cuckoo
Neena Thurman / Domino
Illyana Rasputina / Magik
Nezhno Abidemi / Gentle
Samuel Guthrie / Cannonball

The poll is posted in the said section and is ready for choosing. I hope all of you have a great week and I'll see you on Sunday for the next poll.
Week 11's poll is now CLOSED. The winner for last week was Neena Thurman / Domino.

Again, as I mentioned last week and just to make it clear, I have retracted my original statement that the seven previous contenders are no longer available. The first seven winners (Cyclops, Domino, Archangel, Jubilee, Mystique, Rogue, and Magma) are ALL available for consideration again. This decision was made due to low voting rates. So, now Cyclops, Archangel, Mystique, Rogue, and Magma can find themselves in polls again in the future.

Week 12's poll is now OPEN. The category was Hair Colors of the Rainbow (ROYGBIV).

I am NOT restricting this category to hair colors that occurred naturally, otherwise it would have been impossible to find a few character for each color for the random picker to choose from. Any character that is predominantly known for one of the seven colors was fair game. Also, my distinction between red and orange was really nothing. Orange was to be a redhead whose hair has appeared more orange than red on the page. Yellow was defined as blond for the purposes of this poll. The distinction between blue, indigo, and violet was blue was to be a light shade of blue, indigo a dark shade, and violet was any shade of purple. Again, for my own convenience (I'm feeling selfish this week).

Anywho, your candidates are as follows :

Red -- Hope Summers
Orange -- Gaveedra Seven / Shatterstar
Yellow -- Alexander Summers / Havok
Green -- Lorna Dane / Polaris
Blue -- Noriko Ashida / Surge
Indigo -- Kurt Wagner / Nightcrawler
Violet -- Kwannon / Revanche

If anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns, please let me know. If you have any neat category ideas you would like to see me post, comment below. Otherwise, have a great week, and I'll see you all next Sunday for more "X-Man of the Week" fun.
Week 12's poll is now CLOSED. Our winner is Gaveedra Seven / Shatterstar. The voting was decided between Nightcrawler and Shatterstar. The random generator / picker decided on Shatterstar. Better luck to Nightcrawler and Polaris next time.

Week 13's poll is now OPEN. The category is Telepathic Villains. The requirements for this poll were that they had to have shown some form of telepathic or psychic potential and had to have taken a memorable turn to the dark side. The candidates (chosen from a list of fifteen) are as follows :

Esme Cuckoo
David Haller / Legion
Claudine Renko / Miss Sinister
En Sabah Nur / Apocalypse
Madelyne Pryor / Red Queen
Nathaniel Essex / Mister Sinister
Regan Wyngarde / Lady Mastermind

The poll is posted in the polls section, so if you haven't yet, please leave your vote there. If your favorite telepathic villain didn't make the cut, this category may see a resurgence later given the number of telepathic villains, so don't give up hope yet. As always, have a great week, and I'll be back next Sunday with a new poll and the winner of the previous one.
Week 13's poll is now CLOSED. Thank you to the two others who voted. It came down to your votes, and the winner as decided by a random picker, was Nathaniel Essex / Mister Sinister. Better luck to Apocalypse and Madelyne Pryor next time!

Week 14's poll is now OPEN. The category this week is Appeared in "Giant-Size X-Men #1 -- Deadly Genesis". The requirements for this were that the characters had to have been either members of the X-Men or played a massive part in the story. There were quite a few names available for the poll this week (so many, that this category may see a reappearance later), but it came down to the usual seven candidates. This week, they are :

Robert "Bobby" Drake / Iceman
Warren Worthington III / Angel
Shiro Yoshida / Sunfire
Lorna Dane / Polaris
Krakoa
Jean Grey / Marvel Girl

Fun fact : all images used in this poll came directly from Giant-Size X-Men #1. All credit belongs to Marvel Comics.

The pick is listed in the picks section of this spot. If you have the time or the inclination, please leave a vote there. Regardless of whether you do or don't, I'll be back next Sunday with the next poll and new winner! Have a great week everyone! <3
Week 14's poll is now CLOSED. Thank you to the one other person who decided to vote. The winner, by default, was Lorna Dane / Polaris. Better luck to Iceman next time!

Week 15's poll is now OPEN. The category this week is Magneto's Acolytes from "Wolverine and the X-Men". The requirements are pretty self explanatory. The candidate had to appear in Wolverine and the X-Men as one of Magneto's Acolytes. Our seven candidates this week are :

Sarah Ryall / Scanner
Suvik Senyaka
Raven Darkholme / Mystique
Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch
Clarice Ferguson / Blink
St. John Allerdyce / Pyro
Cessily Kincaid / Mercury

As always the pick has been posted and is open for your vote, so please swing by and leave one! Have a great week, and a Happy Mother's Day, and I'll see you all next Sunday with the winner and new poll!
Week 15's poll is now CLOSED. Again, thank you to the one other person who voted. By default, the winner is Raven Darkholme / Mystique. Better luck to Blink next time.

Week 16's poll is now OPEN. The category for this week is Telepathy. The requirements for this one, again, is self-explanatory. Each candidate has to have shown at one time or another some sort of telepathic power, whether it is straight telepathy or an affiliated power involving the influence of minds. Whether or not they were depowered doesn't matter, but they had to be in possession of the power for a significant enough amount of time that it is a large part of their character. Despite the incredibly high number of candidates possible for this list, it was narrowed down to seven for this week, so expect this category to make a resurgence in the future.

Our seven candidates are :

Sophie Cuckoo
Monet St. Croix
Emma Frost
Danielle Moonstar
Xi’an Coy Manh / Karma
Rachel Summers / Prestige

As always, the pick is open for voting as soon as this post is on the forum, so head that way and lend your vote if you so desire. Have a great week, and I'll be back next Sunday, though hopefully not as late in the day as it was today. Sorry!
Week 16's poll is now CLOSED. No one else voted on the poll this week, leaving Dani Moonstar as our winner for this week by default. The next week in this spot is Danielle's!

Week 17's poll is now OPEN. The category for this week is New X-Men. That means, anyone who was a member of the New X-Men team created by Emma Frost when she disbanded the training squads is eligible. In short, anyone who was a member of the REAL New X-Men. Our seven candidates for this week are :

Sooraya Qadir / Dust
Laura Kinney / X-23
Joshua Foley / Elixir
David Alleyne / Prodigy
Nezhno Abidemi / Gentle
Santo Vaccarro / Rockslide
Noriko Ashida / Surge

As always, if there are any questions, comments, or concerns, please let me know. Otherwise have a great week and I'll see you all next Sunday with the next poll!
Week 17's poll is finally CLOSED. After a bit of a fucked up mess on Facebook, the winner by a long shot was Joshua Foley / Elixir. The rest will have to do better next time!

Week 18's poll is now OPEN. The category for this week is Resistance X-Men from "X-Men: Days of Future Past". To qualify for this category, you had to be one of the X-Men we see in the...resistance (?) fighting the Sentinels in the future of the original timeline in the film "X-Men: Days of Future Past". Our seven candidates are :

James Proudstar / Warpath
Clarice Ferguson / Blink
Peter Rasputin / Colossus
Roberto DaCosta / Sunspot
Erik Lehnsherr / Magneto
Ororo Munroe / Storm
Marie D'Ancanto / Rogue
Week 18's poll is CLOSED. The winner is Erik Lehnsherr / Magneto. Better luck to Blink and Rogue next time. In fact, Rogue is going to have another chance this week, getting to that in a minute.

First of all, I apologize for not getting this poll up yesterday. I guess I thought I already did, but when I came on the website today to check my poll, I realized I only posted it in my head. I hope that's my only dipshit moment for the week.

Moving forward, Week 19's poll is now OPEN. The category this week is X-Men: The Animated Series title sequence characters. To qualify for this category, you need only be one of the named characters to appear in the title sequence of the show and not have already won (discounting the first six who were eligible again for re-election). Easy enough. Our seven candidates for this week are :

Cyclops / Scott Summers
Beast / Henry McCoy
Jean Grey
Storm / Ororo Munroe
Professor X / Charles Xavier
Rogue
Gambit / Remy LeBeau
Week 19's poll is now CLOSED. The winner by default is Rogue. Congratulations to Rogue.

Week 20's poll is now OPEN. The category this week is Code Names Staring with the Letter 'S'. The letter 'S' was decided upon by the "A Court of Thorns and Roses Series" group on Facebook. Many thanks to them. This will be a recurring category you will see going forward, with the different letters being used. If anyone has any questions as to what qualifies for the poll, let me know and I'll post an in depth description.

Out of a rather impressive list of candidates for the letter 'S', the seven candidates chosen for this week are :

Specter / Dallas Gibson
Sabra / Ruth Bat-Seraph
Sabretooth / Victor Creed
Spiral / Rita Wayword
Surge / Noriko Ashida
Sprite / Jia Jing
Sunfire / Shiro Yoshida

Vote here for your favorite : link
Week 20's poll is now CLOSED. Again, the winner by default is Surge / Noriko Ashida. This next week in in honor of Nori.

Week 21's poll is now OPEN. The category this week is Code Names Starting with the Letter 'P'. Our seven candidates for this week are :

Phoenix -- Jean Grey
Puck -- Eugene Judd
Prodigy -- David Alleyne
Preview -- Jessica Vale
Primal -- Teon Macik
Pixie -- Megan Gwynn
Psylocke -- Elizabeth "Betsy" Braddock

The new poll can be voted on here : link
Week 21's poll is now CLOSED. Again, the winner is by default. The winner is Phoenix--Jean Grey. This next week is in her honor.

Week 22's poll is now OPEN. The category this week is Appears in Ultimate X-Men #53. The qualifications for this list are rather self-explanatory. The characters eligible simply had to have appeared inside this comic (which was chosen randomly by generator) and not have already won 'X-Man of the Week'. Your seven candidates are :

Gambit / Remy LeBeau
Dazzler / Alison Blaire
Cyclops / Scott Summers
Nightcrawler / Kurt Wagner
Colossus / Piotr Rasputin
Iceman / Robert "Bobby" Drake
Storm / Ororo Munroe
Week 22's poll is now CLOSED. The winner is Remy LeBeau / Gambit. This next week is in his honor. Better luck to Iceman next time.

Week 23's poll is now OPEN. The category for this week is a mouthful. It is One Member of each "squad" appearing in "New X-Men Yearbook Special". There were five squads during this special (New Mutants, Hellions, Corsairs, Alpha, and Paragons). To add one more squad and make it six (closer to the usual seven choices), for the purposes of this list, the faculty are their own squad. One member was chosen randomly from each of the six "teams".

Your six candidates are :

Scott Summers / Cyclops -- Faculty Squad
Sofia Mantega / Wind Dancer -- New Mutants Squad
Kevin Ford / Wither -- Hellions Squad
Max Jordan / Quill -- Corsairs Squad
Lazaro Kotikash / Kidogo -- Alpha Squad
Mark Sheppard / DJ -- Paragons Squad
Week 23's poll is now CLOSED. The winner is Scott Summers / Cyclops. This next week is dedicated to him. Better luck to Wind Dancer next time.

Week 24's poll is now OPEN! This week is an "Add your own choice!" week. However, there are seven candidates to start the voting off. They are :

Sean Cassidy / Banshee
Alexander Summers / Havok
Madelyne Pryor / Goblin Queen
Caliban
M / Monet St. Croix
Longshot

If you don't see a choice there that your would want to vote for, PLEASE add your own! The only characters ineligible for voting are ones previously selected as X-Man of the Week with the exceptions of Angel and Magma, as the first seven were eligible for re-election.
Week 24's poll is now CLOSED. The winner is Alexander Summers / Havok. Better luck to Wolfsbane, X-23, and M next time.

Week 25's poll is now OPEN! This week is a little different. Because we made it all the way to Week 25, I decided to take IGN's Top 25 X-Men list and removed all of the characters that have already been chosen, leaving the rest. That means, this week consists of :

#2 – Professor X / Charles Xavier
#7 – Nightcrawler / Kurt Wagner
#8 – Storm / Ororo Munroe
#9 – Beast / Henry “Hank” McCoy
#10 – Colossus / Piotr Rasputin
#11 – Archangel / Warren Worthington III
#12 – Sabretooth / Victor Creed
#14 – Iceman / Robert “Bobby” Drake
#15 – Cable / Nathan Summers
#17 – Lucas Bishop
#18 – Blink / Clarice Ferguson
#19 – Banshee / Sean Cassidy
#20 – James “Jamie” Madrox
#21 – Emma Frost
#22 – Psylocke / Elizabeth “Betsy” Braddock
#23 – Quicksilver / Pietro Maximoff
#24 – Chamber / Jonothon Starsmore
#25 – Strong Guy / Guido Carosella

To check out IGN's full list of Top 25 X-Men, go here : link

The poll has been posted in the polls section of this spot. Please drop by and vote for your favorite. Thank you, and I'll see you all next Sunday!
Week 25's poll is now CLOSED. The winner is Nightcrawler / Kurt Wagner. Better luck to Iceman, Psylocke, and Storm next time! Thank you so much to everyone who voted last week. <3

Week 26's poll is now OPEN! The category for this week is the awfully vague title of Villains. Because there were so many options for this week, I've increased the number of candidates to ten for this week. Out of a list of no less than 69(!) villains, even after being narrowed down, the ten candidates for this week are :

Gauntlet
Dark Beast / Henry "Hank" McCoy
Lady Mastermind / Regan Wyngarde
Proteus / Kevin MacTaggert
Toad / Mortimer Toynbee
Holocaust / Nemesis
Azazel
Arclight / Philippa Sontag
Juggernaut / Cain Marko
Stryfe / (clone) Nathan Summers
Week 26's poll is now CLOSED. The winner by default is Regan Wyngarde / Lady Mastermind.

Week 27's poll is now OPEN! The category for this week is M-Pox Victims. The victims in question do not have to have been killed by the virus. Just infected. We are back to our typical list of seven candidates. For this week, our candidates are :

James “Jamie” Madrox / Multiple Man
Julian Keller / Hellion
Thomas Jones
Alison Blaire / Dazzler
Fabio Medina / Goldballs
Roberto Da Costa / Sunspot
Maya Jackson / Lucid

As always, if there are any questions, comments, or concerns, please let me know immediately. The poll is currently posted in the polls section of this spot. Please leave a vote for your favorite and I'll see you all next week! <3
Week 27's poll is now CLOSED. The winner is Alison Blaire / Dazzler. Better luck to Lucid next time.

Week 28's poll is now OPEN! The category for this week is New Charles Xavier School X-Men. For this category, we are back to 10 candidates of choice, given that there are so many options. To qualify for this list, the candidates not only have to follow the ordinary qualifications, but also had to specifically be a member of the "New Charles Xavier School" at the Weapon X facility or otherwise known as "Cyclops' X-Men" after the events of Schism and AvX.

The candidates for this week are :

Mindee Cuckoo
Tempus / Eva Bell
Box / Madison Jeffries
Emma Frost
Angel / Warren Worthington III
Goldballs / Fabio Medina
Beast / Henry “Hank” McCoy
Boom-Boom / Tabitha Smith
Triage / Christopher Muse
Phoebe Cuckoo

Again, if anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns, please let me know immediately through a comment or PM. For everyone else, the poll is currently posted in the polls section of this spot. Please leave a vote for your favorite X-Man and I'll see you all next week.
Week 28's poll is now CLOSED. The winner is Emma Frost. Better luck to Angel, Beast, and Phoebe next time!

Week 29's poll is now OPEN! The category for this week is [u]Code Names Starting with the Letter 'F'. Yes, we're doing another one of these, because I'm lazy and didn't have many pre-made. Your seven candidates for this week are :

Feral / Maria Callasantos
Firefist / Russell "Rusty" Collins
Fantomex / Charlie Cluster-7
ForgetMeNot
Forge
Frenzy / Joanna Cargill
Firestar / Angelica Jones
Week 29's poll is now CLOSED. The winner is Angelica Jones / Firestar. Better luck to Fantomex next time!

Week 30's poll is now OPEN! The category for this week is [u]1992 Debuts[/b]. The qualifications for this poll are, as usual, pretty self-explanatory. Have a tie to X and have to have debuted in comics in 1992. Simple, right? **Keep in mind that these choices were chosen from their (Earth-616)/mainstream comic universe counterparts. Other iterations of the character may have appeared before 1992.**

Your ten candidates for this week are :

Sarah Ryall / Scanner
Arkady Rossovich / Omega Red
Cerise
Carter Ryking / Hazard
Absalom
Lucia Callasantos / Thornn
Christoph Nord / Maverick
Bella Donna Bourdeaux
Birdy
Mikhail Rasputin

As usual, for any questions, comments, or concerns regarding this week's winner, new poll, or the contest in general, please see me. Have a great week everyone!
Week 30's poll is now CLOSED. The winner is Bella Donna Boudreaux. Better luck to Maverick next time!

Week 31's poll is now OPEN. The category for this week is Characters Who Appeared in "X-Men: Apocalypse". Of course, this only includes characters who have not yet been chosen as "X-Man of the Week" (with the exception of the two previously chosen candidates who are up for re-election (Angel and Magma). This left us with 10 candidates who could been elected and who also fit the criteria for this week. They are :

Psylocke / Elizabeth "Betsy" Braddock
Moira MacTaggert
Quicksilver / Peter Maximoff
Beast / Henry "Hank" McCoy
William Stryker
Blob / Fredrick "Fred" Dukes
Apocalypse / En Sabah Nur
Caliban
Storm / Ororo Munroe
Archangel / Warren Worthington III
Week 31's poll is now CLOSED. The winner is Psylocke / Elizabeth "Betsy" Braddock. Better luck to Archangel and Quicksilver next time. Side note : Does anyone think the random picker is sexist? *raises hand*

Week 32's poll is now OPEN. The category for this week is X-Corps members. The ten candidates for this week are :

Radius / Jared Corbo
Multiple Man / James "Jamie" Madrox
Fever Pitch
Husk / Paige Guthrie
Blob / Fredrick Dukes
Sunpyre / Leyu Yoshida
M / Monet St. Croix
Mastermind / Martinique Wyngarde
Banshee / Sean Cassidy
Avalanche / Dominikos Petrakis
Week 32's poll is now CLOSED. The winner was Martinique Wyngarde / Mastermind. Better luck to Multiple Man next time.

Week 33's poll is now OPEN. The category for this week is Add your own choice!. Honestly, because we haven't had one in a few months and I like getting everyone else's opinion. Without further ado, there are a few choices to start you off, but PLEASE feel free to add your own. Thank you!
Week 33's poll is now CLOSED. The winner was unanimously decided upon as Megan Gwynn / Pixie.

Week 34's poll is now OPEN. The category for this week is Appeared in Uncanny X-Men #334, obviously from the first volume of Uncanny X-Men. Since many of the contenders for the list have already been chosen as X-Man of the Week, there were a select number of candidates. The eight chosen were :

Robert "Bobby" Drake / Iceman
Sebastion Gilberti / Bastion
Ororo Munroe / Storm
Samuel Guthrie / Cannonball
Lucas Bishop
Cain Marko / Juggernaut
Warren Worthington III / Archangel
Week 34's poll is now CLOSED. The winner was again unanimously decided as Robert "Bobby" Drake / Iceman.

Week 35's poll is now OPEN! The category for this week is Playable characters in Marvel: Contest of Champions. The criteria to become a candidate for this list is pretty straight forward. First, be a playable character in Marvel: Contest of Champions. Second, have a strong connection to the X-Men. Third, can't have already been chosen for the contest (with still two exceptions left, see above posts for more details).

Your eight candidates for this week are :

Henry McCoy / Beast
Ororo Munroe / Storm
Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch
Nathan Summers / Cable
Piotr Rasputin / Colossus
Illyana Rasputina / Magik
Archangel / Warren Worthington III
Laura Kinney / Wolverine (X-23)
Week 35's poll is now CLOSED after about a two week delay. The winner is Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch. Better luck to Magik next time!

Week 36's poll is now OPEN! The category for this week is X-Factor Investigations. The qualifications were simple. Have been a member of X-Factor Investigations and not have already been X-Man of the Week. Nine candidates were chosen. They are :

Layla Miller / Butterfly
Theresa Cassidy / Banshee
Multiple Man / Madrox
Longshot
Pip Gofern / Pip the Troll
Julio Richter / Rictor
Guido Carosella / Strong Guy
Monet St. Croix / M

This poll is being posted a day early to add an extra day onto voting, to make up for the two week delay between weeks 35 and 36. Again, sincerest apologies!
Week 36's poll is now CLOSED. The winner is Rahne Sinclair / Wolfsbane! Better luck to Multiple Man and Banshee next time.

Week 37's poll is now OPEN! The category for this week is Wings. It is shockingly difficult to find X-Men characters that have a pair of wings, probably because they're tedious to draw and not as phenomenal of a mutant power as some of the others out there. That said, each character's qualifications are next to their names to make it easier. Your eight candidates are :

Angel Salvadore (had insectoid wings)
Jia Jing / Sprite (fairy insectoid wings)
Tamara Kurtz / Dragoness (used bionic wings)
Hope Summers (temporarily mimicked wings of Pixie and Namor)
Lavinia LeBlanc / Gargouille (leathery wings)
Namor McKenzie / Sub-Mariner (feathered wings on ankles
Angel / Warren Worthington III (had feathered wings; replaced by bio-organic wings)
Calvin Rankin / Mimic (permanently mimics Angel's wings)
Week 37's poll is now CLOSED. The winner is Warren Worthington III / Angel. Better luck to Salvadore next time!

Week 38's poll is now OPEN! The category for this week is Appeared in X-Men: Schism #3. After taking out everyone who's been elected before, it left us with 14 options. Of those 14, your ten candidates are :

Maximilian Frankenstein
Oya / Idie Okonkwo
Celeste Cuckoo
Anole / Victor Borkowski
Phoebe Cuckoo
Manuel Enduque
Irma "Mindee" Cuckoo
Trance / Hope Abbott
Dust / Sooraya Qadir
Transonic / Laurie Tromette
I'm very sorry to announce that this run of "X-Man of the Week" has come to an end. After deliberating for a long few months about the idea, I've decided since to end "X-Man of the Week". This is due to a combination of factors, such as lack of participation and personal time.

I appreciate everyone who has cast a vote on this contest at one time or another. I hope no one is disappointed by the turn of events, but given the energy of the site as a whole, I can expect that this doesn't come as too much of a surprise. I'm not planning anything similar or a re-launch of the contest in any span of the future, but I'm not ruling out the possibility for someday.

Happy Holidays, everyone!