Young Dracula reply from CBBC

brizo posted on Feb 28, 2008 at 10:38PM
I found this on the IMDb boards and it's not good news.

start of quote

We regret that CBBC have no plans to make any more Young Dracula programmes.

We know that the series was greatly enjoyed by our viewers and the makers of it, however we have to be mindful with the very limited resources we have and if we made any more, it will affect other CBBC programmes.

We do believe there is interest from an independent company to create a film centred on the same or similar characters. In addition, the series will be repeated on BBC One or BBC TWO. You may wish to keep an eye on transmission dates in schedule listings.

Regards

Jonathan Dunlop
BBC Complaints

End of quote

The mention of a film is interesting though. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Young Dracula 85 ang sumagot

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 85

sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas LadyWednesday said…
Are they kidding? The story isn't even finished!
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas spirited_away said…
i got the exact same thing. so did werepuppy. we were discussing it last night.
i think they'll probably finish off the story. would be interesting to find out who this independant company is though...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas babybell said…
yeh but they said they were going to make a movie! I hope it has the same cast etc. like an ending.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas amateras11 said…
at least they actually listened
last edited sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas countessdrac292 said…
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo­!!!
no more series.
but i do like the sound of a movie but it will probably be a tv-movie they better finish the story
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas LadyWednesday said…
Do these people not know who to do business? You gotta give the consumer what they want, in this case; Us!
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas MrG said…
Waited answer, Gerran said it won't be a third serie.
gr. will it have the exact same characters i wonder...coz it would be really lame if they dont
how do you know gerran?

well of course it would have the same characters because then it wouldn't be young dracula anymore. well, decent young dracula anyway...
i reckon they should keep the same actors though. that would also make it crappy if they choose different or awful actors for the pats. *shudders*
actors is what i meant...

and yeh...how do you know gerran??
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas babybell said…
Some people on this site i know know gerran.... they have got his msn.
i have his myspace but i honestly have no idea what he does on it since you can't leave comments...
no surprise though really thinking about it
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas VampPrincessx said…
wow.. id understand complete if you didnt want to give it, but if you would, id be reaally grateful xx
I only have his MSN, and I asked about if there would be a second serie or not and he said no.
The one myspace is a fake Gerran.
And I had to promise not to give his MSN out, sorry.
ahh

explains a lot. about the myspace i mean
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas 11relaxing said…
what is myspace?
a site where you can have your own 'space' as it were. like your own website, but limited to one page and attached to myspace. like facebook or bebo.
whats bebo and facebook?
same thing. google it. i cant explain
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas literallyme said…
Changing the subject back again...
It said "the same or similar characters".
It'll probably be completely different, and won't have the same storyline.
If it was going to it would say "resolve the storyline in a movie featuring the same cast and characters as the TV show". What they put is their way of saying "There's other vampire stuff out there like this so quit complaining to us!"
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas leah120492 said…
i hope they use the same actors if they make a film. i mean the way the ended season 2 was bad. is was a cliff hanger!
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas werepuppy said…
I'm not so sure anymore. The BBC, to me at least, seem to be avoiding giving us a proper answer. Yes they've admitted there's no plans to make further Young Dracula...but it interrupting other CBBC shows? Do they mean endless repeats of shows braodcast two years ago? *confused and angry*
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas dracula64 said…
oh come on cbbc make more episodes now
i hope you use the actors in the film
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas dracula64 said…
every one go every web site and make complaints you aswell leah120492
"there's no plans to make further Young Dracula" is just a standard phase.
i hope they make more episodes coz young dracula is the only show i wach and it would be so stupid of them not to make more episodes.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas gossipckick said…
mr g ohh plz give me iz msn coz i wanna know from im da truth
well there is no hint of a film that might be made. unless it was something he maybe hinted at unofficially or to stop the string of complaints. but there is definitely no mention of a film proposal for it.
however i may be looking at the wrong sites. but i doubt he would lie about a major thing either.
i doubt it too...i dont think it will be the kind of thing they want publishing yet y'know. not until they have whatever it is they might be doing all sorted out.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas YoungDracFans said…
Film and tv projects are not typically announced when still in the development stage (which can be anywhere from months to years, depending on the project). Too many specifics and persons involved can change along the way. In all likelihood there is some discussion but nothing that's firmed up yet. There won't be anything officially announced until then.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas Pein said…
Ghaaaa! They can not stop making the series! I totaly love it! And why would they stop making it? Anyone who knows that? BBC could just stop making another series who have less viewers! I am not sure of what series they are making but man! GIVE US THE THIRD SEASON!!! :(
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas emovamp said…
wearpuppy made a story on fan fiction thats realy good so maby u can send that to them
we both have fan fics on fanfiction.net. mines like a continuation of the chosen one ep'.
me and werepuppy are working on a script at the mo'. youve probably seen the thread posted by golden-monk, but we are actually in the process of writing it in script form at the mo'. we have some great ideas, coz we've both rp'd the main characters for ages [werepuppy = vlad, me = count] and its been really good. i made a forum for it if you wanna go have a look and imput some ideas :)
emovamp - may I say I'm flattered, but 'Benefits' isn't really something that personally I would considering putting forward for a movie script. No, like spirited_away said, we're currently working on a script (and the working on it would go a lot faster if she would get on msn so I can double check something with her before I type it up) and we're using a lot of good ideas that have been kicking around for a while. We even found some ideas from Joss Agnew that may make their way into the scripts. But yeah, more ideas are appericated - even on small details like who should regain memory or whether Vlad should be good or evil. The site address is:
link
So come and join us, it'd be good to have some more minds to suck dry ....
... bad Pun sorry.
...oops. sorry :/ *hurries over to msn*
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas LandM said…
Guys, after reading these posts, all I can say is well done, for your hard effort at writing another ep, and good luck with it. Iv posted my ideas on a different thread, one just down the page a bit...if you cant find it, just ask me to post them here!
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas vlad_lover said…
If they say that it was "greatly enjoyed" by both viewers and makers, then why are they getting rid of it!? Isn't it better to keep a programme enjoyed by viewers rather than put on a stupid show that isn't enjoyable... like Uncle Max!!!
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas greatmat2 said…
people keep sayin bout a young drac movie but wouldn't it luk rely sad ...... adults goin to see a movie intended an made for kids
greatmat2 - two words. Harry Potter
Plus, it doesnt really matter if it looks sad, as long as you enjoy the movie. If anyone is that paranoid, you could just get it when it came out on DVD.
vlad_lover...you really have it in for uncle max dont you?!
i guess people would watch it. people will watch anything if the remotes far enough away.
Lol to that, spirited_away! So true, so true...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas greatmat2 said…
werepuppy harry potter isn't just intended for kids.......theris a version of all harry potter books for adults
That is true...though they are no different.
Its probably so all the adults dont get embarassed...
That's exactly why the adult covers were released. Adults were embarassed to be seen reading a child's novel. There's no different version of the story, just a different cover.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas tammy111114 said…
when i asked the BBC if they were doing a new series they said that no one would watch it. so why are we asking if no one will watch it then BBC!
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas vlad_lover said…
I've got an idea, if tammy111114 you could email the bbc again but with the figures of how many people have viewed young dracula on youtube. I know that the numbers aren't ideal but they proove that people are watching it in any way possible. So if some of us checked on youtube and post our finding here we could have the email sent to the bbc by next month. Another website voted the best episode to be Insomnia so we should probably start there.
thats a really good idea...if we have an email with some really good stats on they'll see hard evidence as to what a huge mistake theyre making.
if we can post them on here then everyone can send an email with it all on, so we can see what kind of answers we get from the BBC. We should have the petition figure on it as well, coz thats pretty immense.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas Quendy said…
Yeah, that sounds great, shall we all post at the same time? Cos that would be kinda cool ;P