Arthur and Gwen Name three fanfictions you have read that made a lasting impression about this duo

EPaws posted on May 25, 2011 at 03:25PM
I might as well start with something about me. I am a fanfiction writer myself and an omnivorous reader. The quality of a fiction actually counts with me, and particularly if it is multi-layered.

Here are three that recently impressed me. As I find them, and the authors, I will list. I hope you do too. It is all about finding the golden wheat amongst the chaff.

Blackmamba is a fantastic writer, period.

Regardless of the fandom she turns her hand to,she is spot on. What she does for Arthur and Gwen is ridiculously spectacular. One of my favourites is the seemingly innocuous...

ALL THAT FIRE IS REPEATED

link

What holds me, is her prose. Her deft hand at emotionality, sensuality, taping into the human heart. She is viscerally real. Her writing has sophistication, masked as pathos and when she is hot, she is ridiculously so.

Her sensual notes resonate as writer, as woman but without being tiresomely banal and flippant or sanctimoniously, saccharine laced.

WHISPERED LIKE PRAYERS
link

An absolute joy to read and deals so well with new found intimacy shared between two lovers in a rather realistic, touching and wholly appealing manner.

Lastly, someone I see greatness over the horizon in..cause with a little beta work, THIS CHICK ROCKS! She is balance personified and her moniker is...Shabbytiger. Believe me, this one can write. Just needs a watchful beta for tiny errors and flips of tense/word usage. Not much beta at all to make her freakin brilliant. That is the bit that cannot be taught. She has balance. She has depth. She has sensuality. She has a gift with prose. I really hope she continues. Sorry, I will stop gushing now. No, one more. She is organically one of the best writers I have come across thus far.

Do yourself a favour, grab a cup of tea and take an hour or so. Close the door and just read...

THE EMPTY HOUSE.

link

I might as well start with something about me. I am a fanfiction writer myself and an omnivorous read

Arthur and Gwen 13 ang sumagot

Click here to write a response...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas nsk said…
heart
oh thanks u for those links !! keep them comin' im not really a fanfic reader but ive some time ahead so ill give it a try!
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas MISAforever said…
Me too Naima. As if you were reading my mind :-)
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas EPaws said…
Trust me, ladies. I have no time but when the good ones, none trite boring ones that are well written come along...will fling your way.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas nsk said…
@ joppa ITS SORCERY XD lol
last edited sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas HumbleQueen said…
smile
Oh my. You have really whet my appetite. I have never taken the time (I have so little left over) but now maybe I'll make the time.
heart
Two of them are one offs. Only one is a multi-chapter fic. So that should be no issue. It is about the writing and the emotions, imbued.
kiss
@naima we are druids xD
heart
"That loving me has made you weak?" I loved that line the most! :D
Misaforever, as a writer, she so has her shit together. She is incredible in her imagery and the subtle flow of sensual language. She is one of the best pillow talk writers around. She hits home on every level. I have yet to see her miss her game. I have read her in more than one fandom. She is exceptional. It is one of my favourite one-offs. Glad you enjoyed.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas guen_evere said…
big smile
Hi, i'm guen.
Thank you for the links, i'm an obsessed arwen-fanfiction reader. :)
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas hanihana said…
yeah me to im already read merlin fanfiction,camelot love,
link
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas MsNoGood said…
I'll give these a shot. I haven't read fan fiction in a long time because for me quality is king. But I'm willing to give it a shot.
Quality is everything to me in reading matter. Enjoy.