Betty and Daniel Should Betty Get A Makeover?

BeSafe posted on Dec 04, 2008 at 02:23AM
Okay so I have heard several differing opinions about whether or not people believe Betty should get a makeover on the show before it's over or not? Do you want Betty to become 'beautiful' or do you wish for her to stay 'ugly' Betty forever?

Betty and Daniel 20 ang sumagot

Click here to write a response...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas BeSafe said…
Okay so once again I must put in my two cents first, but I created it so why not? I personally believe Betty should NOT get a makeover!!!! I think it undermines the message the show is trying to put out, that it is what's on the inside that matters the most at the end of the day, not beauty...although I do think Betty is beautiful in her own way already.

I just honestly think that if Betty becomes 'beautiful' than the show is contradiciting itself...it is going against it's own message, that's not to say I'm not curious to see how everyone would react if Betty became beautiful, it would be very interesting indeed, I just don't know if the reward would be worth the cost you know?

I mean her fashion sense is going to get a little better it has to after working at Mode and maybe her hair has gotten steadily better, and eventually her braces will have to come off, but I mean like major changes...

Idk in the end though...what do you think?
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas lililuza said…
I like Betty how she is right now.
^^Yep me too!!!! I think Betty is Betty and if they changed that she wouldn't be Betty anymore!!!!
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas DBLover said…
NO! Betty CANT get a makeover, that would ruin it!
Hehe and they say I'm enthusiastic...:D
Anyway yep I agree with you, Betty shouldn't get a makeover!!!!
It would ruin everything!!!!
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas alienanne said…
I would definitely not want Betty to get a permanent make-over. But it would be a nice one-time thing though. I'd like to see how those suck-up idiots who look down on her appearance see how pretty she really is even on the outside as well!! Like I read from an article, Betty isn't exactly ugly, just a little odd. So for me, it would be nice to see a different take on her. But the old Betty will always be the best Betty. (:
Yes that is exactly what I was trying to say!!!! It would be interesting to see how everyone responded to finding out that Betty really looks, under all the weirdness...even though I love how she dresses because it makes her Betty!
But I think that if they would get a look at her without all of that, they would all think she was hot I'm sure!!!!
And I think Betty has gotten better over the years even just so far, but I do think Betty is pretty in her own way, just like alienanne said a little odd...
Betty is odd, but that is Betty.
So nope she shouldn't get a makeover.
Then she wouldn't be Betty.
Does that make any sense?
Yes perfect sense, to me anyway!!!!
Betty is Betty, and her oddness is a part of who she is...it is just her!!!!
I mean like her...how she dresses is odd for clarification, not Betty herself, exactly.
LOL, but Betty herself is a bit odd. But I know you meant her wardrobe not her.
But I really feel strongly about this, BETTY CANNOT GET A MAKEOVER! It really does make the point of the show, pointless.
Hehe point, pointless...but yes I totally agree with you, my dad and I have had many conversations about this...not that he wants too...hehe...anyway they CANT give Betty a makeover!!!!
I make my Dad listen to all of my shows as well, he could tell you scenes from all my shows and he has NEVER seen any of them, and I always tell my boyfriend Josh too, but I'm worse than that I force him to watch with me, but he actually likes Ugly Betty now, he thinks Daniel is awesome, anyway he agrees that if Betty got a makeover it would make the shows message, a moot point, it would just not make sense, I don't like it at all!
Yay were trying to recruit people to join the Detty side!!!!
Hehe my sort-of-kind-of boyfriend-ish, Elliot, is now addicted to UB...I was soooo proud!!!!
He doesn't want her to get a makeover either, he said when *yep not if* Daniel and Betty fall in love the message will be more powerful if he falls in love with her because of who she is, not what she looks like...*yep he could be a keeper*
LOL yep we are! On a neverending quest to bring people over to the Detty side! LOL.
Yay you got your sort-of-kind-of boyfriend-ish guy, Elliot to become obsessed, I got Josh to so that is awesome!
LOL if he loves Detty as much as you do and he thinks they WILL fall in love I say heck yes he is a keeper!
Hehe never ending quest to bring people to the Detty side, true but still cracks me up!!!!
Heck yes though at least we are succeding!!!!
And he could be a keeper, but idk yet we are still in as Betty would call it the 'exploratory' phase...:)
But we will see...;)

Anyway back to Betty no makeover, not now, not ever!!!!
I'm proud of us! We have recruited fans, we are helping the show out! And exploratory phase, LOL, and boyfriend thinks I can turn anything into a Daniel/Betty reference.
But yes I totally agree NO makeover for Betty! EVER!
Hehe yea everyone I know is like I have no clue how that reminded you of UB?! It is pretty funny actually!!!!!
Anyway I have read that some people want her to get a makeover and they think that if she doesn't she shouldn't be with Daniel, but those people and thier sterotypes are just the one that UB is trying to break!!!!
I know! I'm always like if Betty has to get a makeover to be with Daniel, than what does that prove? It proves that apperance is that important, that what is on the inside doesn't matter, that she wasn't good enough for him because she wasn't the typical expression of beautiful. And I completely disagree, Betty is perfect for Daniel exactly the way she is, and if she has to get a makeover for him to fall for her, than maybe he isn't the right one for her. But of course Daniel will love Betty just the way she is, at least I think he will.
^^Exactly I agree with that one hundred million percent!!!!!!!!!