Betty and Daniel Bradford, an accidental matchmaker?!

BeSafe posted on Dec 20, 2008 at 06:55PM
Okay so I just felt like I'd start this forum to see if anybody else feels like Bradford was the perfect accidental matchmaker...

save

Betty and Daniel 5 ang sumagot

Click here to write a response...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas BeSafe said…
Of course as usual my two cents will get thrown in here first, lets see if anybody agrees with me...

He hired Betty so Daniel wouldn't be tempted to sleep with her, if he thought about it beyond that we don't nor will we ever know, but that was his main reason for hiring Betty to be Daniel's assisstant.

But Betty slowly began changing Daniel, not in a bad way, like she was trying to change who he fundamently is, but in a good way, she began changing his bad habits, perhaps the way he viewed people, the way he treated people, making him more sensitive to people, now yes Daniel does slip up from time to time, but he generally (although sometimes Betty has to probe him) does the right thing.

My point is that Bradford couldn't have known the kind of affect that Betty would have over Daniel's life when she walked into his building that day looking for a job....or could he have?

That is the question, in I See Me, ICU, he told Betty he just knew their was something about her, that is why he hired her, and that she was the only one who had been able to keep Daniel on his path, so do you think that Bradford may, on his deathbed, have seen that their friendship was the best thing that had ever happened to Daniel, do you think he could have seen the possibilities of a future love...or am I reading way too much into this?!

It is quite possibly the latter since I have been deprived of Ugly Betty for a while, and I'm out of school with nothing but time to think about these things...

Regardless do you think I'm crazy and reading too much into this, please post, if you agree with me post...I want to know what other fans think...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas DBLover said…
LOL, wow you have a lot to say on the subject don't you? Just kidding, anyway I pretty much agree with what you said, I don't know if Bradford saw that there was potential for true love there, who does, but I do believe that he knew that Betty was the best thing that had ever happened to Daniel so far, and that is why he asked her to take care of him.
Hehe I reckon' I did have a lot to say, I didn't think I did until I started typing, then I was like OMG that is a lot!!!!
Anyway I agree, I'm not really thinking that Bradford saw them as soulmates or anything, I just think he knew who Daniel was before Betty, and who he is now because of her, and I think he knows the kind of man Daniel is, which I believe is a very good one, and he knows that Betty brings that out in him...I think what I'm trying to say is that Bradford knows how important Betty has been in Daniel's life so far, and he knew how much Daniel needed Betty in his life, especially after he was gone, so he asked Betty to take care of Daniel, I think it was his only way to make sure that no matter what happened there would be somebody to look out for Daniel's best interests always.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas DBLover said…
I think you are totally right, Bradford wanted to make sure Betty would always be there for Daniel, so he did the only thing he could think to do, he asked Betty to always take care of him, knowing that since he was on his deathbed she couldn't deny him his dying wish. I think it is cute how Bradford's last thought's were of Daniel, because he was always the one who got ingnored in his life, it shows how much he cared for him!
I know I think so too, I just watched that episode last night, and I was thinking isn't it cute how concerned Bradford is that Daniel be taken care of, it was like finally in his last moments of life he proved that Daniel did matter to him, that he did love him...:)