Disney Fanfictions GypsyMarionette and My Fanfiction

MegaraxHades17 posted on May 20, 2011 at 01:29AM
GypsyMarionette and I are writing a Maid Marian and Honest John (the fox from Pinocchio)fanfiction on this forum. We'll be updating it when we get the chance, posting out parts on here. I'll be Maid Marian and she is John. We would both appreciate it if no one but us wrote here, unless it's to comment on the fanfiction. Thank you!

By the way, in this fanfiction, Marian and Robin never married. They grew apart because...well you'll see :3

Here is the first installment.
“Oh how I’ve missed London! Tis been too long since we last visited m’lady.” Lady Cluck commented happily. She was literally bouncing in her seat beside Maid Marian. The maiden however, was less than pleased. She was not supposed to be going back to London with Lady Cluck. She was supposed to be on her honeymoon with Robin. She was supposed to be traveling around the country, visiting different courts and castles. Plans had a habit of failing it seemed.

The older hen noticed her friend’s distress and rested a feather on the vixen’s arm, patting it gently. “Now Marian my dear, things in life don’t always go as planned. You and Robin made your choice and now you shall have to live with it. Your father will be happy to see you again. I know how you’ve missed him.” Marian smiled for a moment. She had missed her papa greatly, even if it had only been six months since she had last seen him.

London hadn’t changed since the months she had been gone. The streets were still cluttered with various animals of different professions and the noise was still unbearable.

Soon the vixen and hen arrived at Whitehall Palace where King Richard awaited. He had been a good, kind uncle and when he heard of the nasty break up his niece had experienced, he offered her a roof until she felt ready to start living again.

“Ah Marian my darling! So good to see you! Come and give your uncle a hug.” Marian clung to King Richard, tears in her eyes. ‘How did my life get to this?’

Robin sat across from Marian, the engagement ring rolling in his hand. He wouldn’t look at her.

“We’ve grown apart Marian. You can’t deny it.” No, she couldn’t, although she wanted to. Badly.

The maiden nodded her head slowly and placed her ring on the table before them.

“No one can say we didn’t try.” She whispered then left the room, unable to control herself any longer.

Disney Fanfictions 26 ang sumagot

Click here to write a response...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas GypsyMarionette said…
[Story Installment]

The sun was bright, the sky was clear, and the air was that perfect cool/warm temperature. A whistled tune could be heard coming from a travel-worn road, making its way through the forest. J. Worthington Foulfellow, more commonly known by his ironic nickname "Honest" John, strolled down the road, looking around and admiring the nature around him. England, he had never thought to travel here before, but after the Pleasure Island fiasco, he wanted to get as far away from Italy and that crazy coachman as he could. Foulfellow was a lot of things, a thief, a con-man, an extortionist, a liar, a criminal, a scoundrel, a...well you get the idea. But turning children into donkey's and then selling them as pack-mules was just plain evil, no matter how bratty the children were. And it didn't help that he now had his own official wanted poster in the country.

He had arrived only about a week ago and was already well adjusted to the new location. At least it was better than the rocking trip overseas to get here. But he was still having trouble finding a town to suit him. He was reminded of an old nursery rhyme as he went through the towns. Too small. Too big. Too noisy. Too quiet. Too humble. Too snooty. He had already gone through at least 20 towns.

John stopped whistling and sighed. He was tired and hungry. All those towns and not performing a single con had taken its toll on his money purse. He'd be lucky if he ate tonight. He came to an old well off to the side of the road, probably for travelers and their horses, and stopped to get a drink.

Suddenly a low rumble was heard coming from behind him. 'Hmm' he thought turning around. 'This looks promising.' A rather fancy carriage came down the road, steadily slowing as it approached the well. Finally reaching a full stop, a small bobcat coachman jumped from his seat and landed lightly on the ground. He looked up at John and looked at him suspiciously.
"Driver" an imperious voice called from inside the carriage. The bobcat went over to the carriage door. The curtain over the door's window was pulled back to reveal a large she-bear. "Why did we stop?" She was clearly annoyed and looked at her coachman like he was no more important than a speck of Dust.
"W-w-well my lady, er your grace, I, I um, well we have to give the horses a short rest y-you see," the tiny bobcat stuttered. He was clearly afraid of this woman.

Honest John grinned seeing the gaudy jewelry decorating the she-bear. Seems he would be eating tonight.

The she-bear turned slightly, with her nose in the air, and finally noticed him. She hmphed in disgust at his poor patchy attire. Turning her head back to her coachman she said, "Couldn't you have found a classier rest stop. Really look at the type of garbage that inhabits this area," indicating Honest John and openly insulting him.

Honest John smirked. He'd have this pompous noble eating out of his hand in no time.

Standing tall, Honest John sauntered over to the bear and bobcat. "My dear lady," he said. "I must say I greatly appreciate your so eloquent description."

The she-bear's snooty half-lidded eyes widened as she looked at him like he had lost his mind. Did he really just thank her for insulting him?

"Ah, the young lady looks confused," Honest John commented. "Let me explain. You see I am not what I appear to be. That is I must be what I am not for I am not what I am."

Now the she-bear and the bobcat looked confused. Honest John laughed. "Ah, I see I need a simpler explanation. You see I am an actor." The bear and bobcat seemed doubtful so Honest John continued, "I was on my way to the theater for a rehearsal when I got lost. I have been traveling for so long I decided to rest here for a bit. I thanked you for you assessment of my appearance because I am in fact in costume for a character who is a poor beggar. The reality is this is no raggedy outfit, but a costume designed by my amazing assistant. He made this outfit to look perfect for the part. Oh, he going to be so furious with me. On my way here I tore a slight hole here where no hole is supposed to be. He is quite a perfectionist you see. But forget that. I thank you again wholeheartedly for your words. They mean my assistant has once again outdone himself," Honest John said grinning practically ear to ear.

"Sooo, you're really an actor?" the she-bear questioned, seeming uncertain.

"Why yes, my lady." Honest John then performed such an elegant sweeping bow that would have put a fairytale prince to shame. While still bowing, he added, looking slightly up at her, "How could I lie to such an exquisite beauty as yourself." The she-bear blushed like a schoolgirl and then smiled shyly. Honest John smirked. 'Nobles are so vain. All it takes is a little flattery and they'll believe anything,' he thought to himself. The bobcat, seeing his ladyship's reaction, looked back and forth between the two, looking as if he would have one of those large cartoon question marks over his head.

"Well, you certainly have a way with words Mister Actor," the she-bear said giggling.Honest John smiled charmingly as he stood from his bow.

The bobcat suddenly suspicious, took a few steps toward Honest John. "So you're an actor."

"Yes, I do believe that is what I just said," Honest John said as the bobcat stated the obvious.

"Well why don't you show us something?" said the bobcat almost accusingly.

"Oh yes," said the smiling she-bear, "Please do."

Honest John with a half-bow said, "I thought you'd never ask."

After the bobcat set some luggage down for seats, Honest John stood proudly before his audience. He stood up straight, taking a deep breath, "Memememeeeeee, oh, got to warm up you know."

"Oh of course," the she-bear said looking excited. The bobcat still looked doubtful.

"Ahem, I shall perform a scene from the play The Merchant of Venice" Honest John then stood still and quiet like a statue for a full 5 minutes. The she-bear and bobcat looked at each other in confustion.

Then in a strong voice, a voice that would be heard perfectly in a theater even all the way to the back, Honest John began,
"I am a Jew. Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions;" he spread his arms, "fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer as a Christian is?" he looked defeated for a moment, the lines seeming to poor from his very soul. Then even stronger than before he returned almost seeming to be possessed by a righteous anger, "If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that. If a Jew wrong a Christian, what is his humility? Revenge. If a Christian wrong a Jew, what should his sufferance be by Christian example? Why, revenge." His voice grew hard and fierce, yet still called out to his audience bringing them to understand his emotion, "The villainy you teach me I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction." Honest John tilted his head down and slid his eyes closed as though he were too caught up his emotion to even look at his audience. The expression he wore seemed to expose an inner turmoil even with his eyes closed. The bear and bobcat were on the edge of their seats waiting for what was next. Then like a bolt of lighting the dramatic atmosphere vanished from Honest John entirely, as he jerked his head up with a smile upon his face. "And Scene."

The she-bear and the bobcat stood and clapped enthusiastically. Both were practically in tears.

"Oh, that was beautiful, amazing, " the she-bear continued to praise him, but Honest John barely listened.

"Yes, yes, but sadly it will do me no good if I do not get some food tonight," Honest John stated mournfully. " I still don't know where I am and I left my wallet with my assistant."

"Oh dear!" the she-bear cried. "Well then you must come with us. There is plenty of room in the carriage."

"No, no, I couldn't impose," Honest John answered feigning politeness.

"Don't be silly. You won't be imposing. Once at the house you have a decent meal and some proper rest. I'm sure I can find some clothes for you so you won't have worry about any more damage to your costume and we have some maps that will help you find your theater," said the she-bear eager to help the amazing actor.

"Well, if her ladyship insists, it would be rude not to accept."

After reloading the carriage, everyone found their seats and they set off. The she-bear chattered endlessly at Honest John. If she knew what he thought of her (that she was a dull, irritating, snooty, overgrown brat), she would have thrown him out in two seconds flat, but luckily he was a good actor. Once realizing she didn't really expect him to answer her endless chatter, he glanced out the window and allowed himself to get lost in thought.

(Still writing. Or at least trying to. Little puppies in my house, I love you but Shush. D:)

*flashback* (Still working on flashback)

*back to normal*
"We're here, m'lady," said the bobcat after stopping by a rather large house.

"Oh good," the she-bear looked over at Honest John, who had dozed off. "Sir?...Mister Actor." she softly poked his shoulder to which he tiredly opened his eyes and looked at her. "We're here," she said.

"Oh," Honest John let out a yawn as he stretched, "So we are."

Leaving the poor coachman to unload the heavy luggage on his own, the she-bear, who through her incessant chatter in the carriage Honest John now knew to be the Countess of Richmond, led Honest John inside into the foyer. The house looked expensive to be sure, but it was, like its owner, very gaudy and didn't seem very elegant.

"Well, this is it. You'll find the guest house right out back. I hope you'll find it to your liking. If you need anything, just call and a servant will assist you. I'm going to my quarters for a rest. Oh! I'm attending a ball this evening. It's being held by King Richard himself. You'll come too I hope? Oh you'll love it. I heard King Richard invited a good many actors. You can meet them and perhaps "talk shop.""

She said this in such a long-winded, annoying chatty way that John, who was already tired, didn't really listen and just nodded his head saying "Alright, sure."
Reaching the guest house, it didn't take long before he found the bedroom. He closed the door and walked over to collapse on the bed. Sighing, he relaxed. He couldn't remember the last time he slept on a bed this soft. It was hardly 3 seconds before he was sound asleep.

last edited sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas MegaraxHades17 said…
(I figured you were :P Little puppies!! What kind?)
(Yorkies. One is ours the other is one we're babysitting. The one that's ours is usually quiet, but the other one's a yapper if you don't pay attention to her. And she gets ours to bark with her.)
(Oh that's...fun :P Especially when you're trying to write no less XD)
(Still writing I assume?)
(Yes, I added some more. I have a flashback to add about Honest John's past that isn't in the movie then I'll be done. It will be interesting I promise.)
(If you like you can start your next section, I don't think his flashback will make too much of a difference just yet.)
(Okie :3 I have a sick day so this fanfiction is my source of entertainment plus Disney movies :P I can't wait to see the flashback :3)
Lady Kluck began sewing in her old seat, watching her ward from the corner of her eye. Instead of twirling around her room in a daze of love, Marian sat by her window and looked down at the crowded streets below. Various carriages passed by and she watched them dully. She had no interest in going outside or talking with anyone. ‘A quiet cottage would be nice now. I should have taken that chance years ago.’ She sighed wistfully and continued to stare out the window.

“Alright, that’s enough sighing and sopping about young lady. Tonight your uncle is holding a party in your honour! And you will go.” The lady stated, causing Marian to sigh.

“What’s the point in celebrating?” The maiden asked softly, fiddling with her scarf. Suddenly a burst of wind caught it and sent it flying towards the carriages.

“Oh no, that was my best scarf!” Marian whimpered then shut her eyes tightly. ‘Tis not my day.’ She sighed then shut the window, not wanting to look at her life passing her by.

Lady Kluck shook her head and took Marian’s hand. “Come along dear, it’s about time you starting living. It’s been what? Two months since Robin departed? He was the one at one point, but now it is time to move on.” Marian knew she was right and nodded.

“You always make me feel better Kluckie.” Marian hugged her friend, dressed in a forest green gown with ruffled sleeves and a cap atop her head then followed Lady Kluck. She placed a smile on her face and kissed her uncle’s cheeks as soon as she was in the hall. She saw a cluster of actors and bowed her head in their direction. A badger waltzed over and handed her a rose.

“Perhaps this will bring a genuine smile to your face my lady.” Marian blushed and nodded, tucking it behind her ear.

King Richard led her around the ballroom, introducing her to new courtiers and old friends. They all sympathized with her, saying what a pity it was that her relationship with Robin had failed. Marian smiled through the conversations and thanked them for their kindness. At least they were smiling be

“That’s what she gets for falling for a commoner.” One muttered when she was walking away. Marian bristled, wondering why in the world she had let herself be dragged down to this circus. ‘Because I can’t say no to anyone.’

“We’re still waiting on the Countess of Richmond. She was supposed to be here hours ago.” Her uncle told her, pulling out a chair for the maiden. As overly loud conversation swarmed around her, she began thinking of when this had been something she was comfortable with.

She pretended to listen to Richard as he chatted about his plans for the next few months but only tuned in when he said he would be gone. “Are you sure you’ll be alright? I know I said I would be with you for most of the time, but you understand, don’t you?” Marian nodded her head numbly. She had heard that speech before.

“Tomorrow will be just for us, I promise love.” Robin said, kissing her cheek sweetly before heading out the door. Marian waved goodbye, wondering if he would come home at all. When she thought of him not coming back she sighed. At least then she wouldn’t be left waiting all night for his quiet footsteps.

‘You always say you want be home with me, but when will you mean it?’

smile
(Hmm, shall we make the she-bear be the countess of Richmond whom King Richard was expecting?)
smirk
[Yes :3 I was hoping you were thinking this! It would be so amusing/a great way to introduce John and Marian, unless you've got another way :)]
(Okay, my inspiration has taken a holiday and I'm watching a bunch of Disney movies to get it back. Till then these are some ideas I was thinking.
We do make the she-bear the Countess of Richmond, but I'm going to have write some more on my previous entry to make it plausible. You know after traveling most people would take a short break. You know get cleaned up, take a power nap, that sort of thing. The getting rested and taking care of Honest John is what causes the late arrival. I think it would be best if you help me with this because I have trouble shortening scenes that aren't that important.

Also I've already thought about something that could happen at the ball. Honest John is being introduced to the Countess's friends and gives them a short performance, but the performance requires him to move around. However while is performing he sees Maid Marian and is struck by surprise. Still taking steps for his act, he isn't looking where he's going and trips while next to the food table. Trying to catch himself he grabs the table cloth and ends up dumping all the food on himself. This of course attracts Maid Marian's attention as well as most everyone else's. As a slop of cake icing slides down Honest John's dumbstruck face, he has a flashback. This flashback will be the real first time he meets Marian, but he is not sure if it is her.

In the flashback Marian will be about 6 and John about 10. So this will be give or take 14 years ago. I've already got an idea in my head describing this encounter and I'll get back to you as soon as I have something down.)
Oh yes, of course, I mean they need a break. How would you like my help? I'm more than willing to help if I can. Would you like me write her explanation when she is apologizing to Richard for being late?

That's why I included the actors. Wow great minds think alike! I like how he ends up being somewhat of a klutz too :P Very cute.

I like it already! I can't wait to read your reply to mine. I think her and John will have an...interesting relationship ;)
With the break I'm thinking maybe we should describe a quick scene of the house and then the rest be in the explanation. But yes I would really like your help on how to incorporate it. Whether it's put in a scene at the Countess's house or in an explanation at the ball. Which do you think would work better? Or a little of both?
Sure! You want to describe it since it's where your character is? And yes, I can include an explanation at the ball but we can do a bit of both if you'd like. But she will need to explain her lateness to the king no matter what :P
(I added a brief scene of the house. The next time we see John and the Countess they will be heading to the ball.)
[Story Installment]

The carriage rumbled loudly as it traveled at a breakneck speed. Honest John, now in richer more suitable attire, gripped onto his seat for dear life. They were going to die, he just knew it! The Countess of Richmond, sitting across from him, just smiled and chatted idly as if this ride of death was a regular occurrence.

"Shouldn't, shouldn't we..." the carriage hit a bump in the road that, had Honest John not been holding on, could have slammed his skull into ceiling, "slow down, just a bit?"

"Oh no no no. We are late as it is. The ball started over an hour ago," answered the Countess, inspecting her manicure.

"If we're already late, taking it a bit slower won't kill us right?" said Honest John.

"Oh Mister Actor," she said giggling as though he knew nothing. "There is a fine line between fashionably late and just ordinary lateness, and if we're any later it wouldn't be fashionable."

Honest John stared at her with wide eyes and a gaping mouth. This trip could very well kill them and the woman was worried about being Fashionable!

"Oh by the way, I never got your name," she said switching back to small talk.

"J. Worthi-" the carriage hit a pothole,"Worthington Fowlfellow."

"Oh. Jay, that's a nice name," said the Countess.

"No, it's the initial for John."

"Yes," continued the Countess as though she hadn't heard him,"Jay, like a bluejay. A very natural name. Oh, driver. Surely the horses can do better than that. Make them go faster."

Was she deaf? Quite frankly he was starting to think she was just plain crazy!
Still clinging to his seat for dear life, Honest John squeezed his eyes shut. This was it! He was going to die in a speeding carriage with a madwoman! He was going to meet his maker!
It was then and there Honest John started praying frantically.
'Oh God! Please Save Me! I promise I'll never steal again! Please Spare Me! I'm Sorry for Selling that Wooden Boy to the Evil Puppetmaster. I'm Sorry I Did What that Crazy Coachman Told Me To Back in Italy. I'll Go Good I Swear! Just Please, Please, Please....'

"Jay." The voice broke through his thoughts. "We're here. Are you alright?"

Honest John opened his eyes. "Uh." He said to himself, 'Scratch that.'

Climbing out of the carriage, Honest John was tempted to kiss the ground. Sweet merciful, stable, unmoving ground. Instead he began taking some calming breaths of fresh air, trying to get his blood pressure back to normal.

The Countess was little ways to his right talking with some other women that had just stepped out of their carriages. Apparently they weren't going in just yet so he decided to take a short stroll in the nearby garden. He had just reached an archway marking the entrance to the garden when he noticed a small bit of color. He walked over to it and lifted what seemed to be a scarf, a rather expensive scarf at that, caught on a tree branch. It was made of fine silk and the color was light and elegant. While inspecting the quality of it, a scent drifted up from the scarf into the fox's nose. It smelled familiar in some way, but he couldn't for the life of him remember where he smelled it before. The scent was light and airy, much like the cloth, and was distinctly flowery, but unlike any ordinary flower. Lifting the scarf closer to his face he tried to remember.

"Jaaaaay!" the Countess called. Honest John looked over and saw her waving to him. "It's time to go in."

Before she could see it, Honest John stuffed the scarf into his coat pocket. The last thing he needed was someone seeing him sniffing a scarf like some sort of weirdo.

The Countess half led half dragged him around the ballroom, introducing him to nobles, courtiers, diplomats, you name it. She finally led him over to where the nobles were talking with the actors. After introducing Jay to everyone, she began telling everyone of his performance and how amazing it was. Now the Countess was a big talker, but everyone knew she was a good judge of talent. They began asking Jay for a performance.

"Just one," said a he-beaver.

"It doesn't have to be huge," said a raccoon woman.

"Please, I love to see something as spectacular as the Countess says," said a wolf boy.

"Oh, alright," said Honest John smiling, "I suppose I cannot deny such a pressing audience."

After having everyone move into a semicircle so he would have room.
"A scene from Romeo and Juliet, is what I shall peform for you here tonight." He paused for a minute or two and began:
"But soft! What light through yonder window breaks?
It is the East, and Juliet is the sun!
Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon,
Who is already sick and pale with grief
That thou her maid art far more fair than she.
Be not her maid, since she is envious.
Her vestal livery is but sick and green,
And none but fools do wear it. Cast it off.
It is my lady; O, it is my love!
O that she knew she were!
She speaks, yet she says nothing. What of that?
Her eye discourses; I will answer it." He took steps toward what would have been stage right(that is the actor's right) as though moving to answer someone. As he was doing so a light ethereal color caught his eye. Towards the back of the room was a beautiful young vixen. Her smile soft and polite, her eyes though beautiful, held a sadness. She also seemed incredibly familiar. She was... It was then, due to his watching of the vixen instead of his step, he tripped over his own feet. Trying to catch himself, he grabbed the closes thing to him, which happened to be the table cloth of the food table. Gravity winning over, all the food that was set so neatly on the table cloth now fell down on Honest John's head. It was a disaster. The audience gasped and several other guests came over to see what happened.

Most people in a position such as Honest John's would be feeling too humiliated to think about anything else. But when the vixen turned her head and looked to see what happened. When she made eye contact with him, all the other people faded away. As a slop of icing slid down Honest John's nose, a long-forgotten memory resurfaced.

*flashback*
A young fox of about 10 years was running through the corridors of the old theater. It was a magical place to him. A place where a Pauper could be a Prince, a human could be a mermaid, anything could happen. And this magical place was his playground. Scaffolds, props, costumes, everything was there for his enjoyment, at least that's how he saw it.

Still running, he turned a corner and ran into a soft belly. Looking up he saw the face of his old mentor, Grandfather Launce. Grandfather Launce was an old bear with a laugh as big as his heart. He was the father figure to those in the theater who had none. He was never to busy to help with a skinned knee, a broken-heart, or even homework. He was acting-coach, mentor, teacher, counselor, and storyteller. The little fox looked up to Grandfather Launce more that anyone. He loved Grandfather Launce's stories of dragons and knights, princes saving princesses, lords and their ladies, castles, palaces, far off places. The little fox never missed a story. He'd act them out in his games.

"Whoa, where's the fire?" Grandfather Launce asked laughing.

"Tuncay says there's going to be special guests tonight. I was going to look through his stuff to find out who," answered the little fox. Tuncay was the theater's manager; anything that went on in the theater went through him. He wasn't a friendly character, but he wasn't really intimidating either.

Grandfather Launce looked at the young fox sternly, "Jonathan Worthington Gentlefellow." The little fox winced as the old bear called him by his full name; it was how he knew Grandfather Launce was serious. "You need to respect Mr. Tuncay."

"Mmm, I know," said little Jonathan begrudgingly. "But he such an old fuddy-duddy."

Grandfather Launce laughed. "Oh really, and what am I?"

"You're nothing like him. You're fun." Little Jonathan smiled brightly as only a child can.

Edit 11-22-2011

Grandfather Launce smiled. “All the same he is the manager. Understand?”

Little Jonathan sighed, “Yes sir.”

“The Guests will be arriving soon enough. Why don’t you go up to the Dragon’s Keep and keep a look out?Hm.”

The little fox’s face brightened just before he took off again.

The Dragon’s Keep was a large room in the attic. Hardly anyone ever went up there. It didn’t have enough support for storage, and the creaking of the boards and howling of the wind in all the nooks and crannies gave most actors the creeps. Jonathan didn’t care though; he had spent countless hours up there playing. He thought the noises added some adventure to the room. The Dragon’s Keep had one window that overlooked the entrance to the theatre. Anyone at that window would get the best view of the carriages and people coming to the theatre.
And it was to here Jonathan ran. Upon entering the room he grabbed a pirate hat and toy sword he had slipped under the floorboards. Dressed in his albeit too large pirate attire he perched himself on the window seat ready for anything. And then he waited.

And waited.

And waited.

“Wait! There’s a carriage coming,” said Jonathan excitedly.
A beautiful carriage was coming down the street. Elegant and full of splendor, it looked as if it had pulled out of fairy tale. Jonathan was mesmerized.

The carriage came to a stop in front of the theatre, and the swan driver gracefully leapt to the ground to open the carriage door for the occupants.

Jonathan leaned in to get a better look, pushing his little nose against the glass of the window.

Out of the carriage stepped a rather large and regal lion. One look and you knew this lion had to be a king. Even without the crown, the lion had a strong yet kind face that commanded respect. Mr. Tuncay was immediately at the lion’s side, bowing and probably telling the lion what a great honor it was and all that. Jonathan jumped up from his seat and ran down to the foyer, nearly running into Grandfather Launce.

"Whoa. Slow down there matey," said Grandfather Launce, acknowledging Jonathan's pirate hat. "You don't want Mr. Tuncay to see you've been "borrowing" from the costume shop again."

"Hehe, oops," Jonathan smiled sheepishly. Taking off the hat, he then peeked around Grandfather Launce to see the guests.

His eyes are drawn to the young vixen, who is shyly standing next to her uncle. So small and delicate, she looked like a princess, and with her lovely little dress and hat with its gossamer veil pouring down she looked like a magical creature from a fairytale. She even smelled different. She was like the first bloom of spring, pure and perfect. Jonathan was just in awe.

He looked up at his mentor.

"What is she?" he asked.

"What?" Grandfather looked down at the little fox.

"She can't be real, can she?"

Grandfather Launce looked at Jonathan's face. The little fox was spellbound.

Grandfather Launce smiled, "She's what you call a lady."

"A lady," whispered Jonathan, his eyes once more on the young vixen.

After a few more minutes of introductions, the guests all moved to their seats. The noble were seated in the best box of course. The lights were dimmed and the curtains went up.

The play ended, and the whole audience rose from their seats. The applause filled every nook and cranny of the theatre.

The audience then proceeded out. The royal guests began moving to the foyer to leave. Jonathan quickly jumped up from his seat in the rafters and ran as quick as he could toward the foyer.
By the time he reached it, the royal guests were beginning to enter the carriage. Just catching his breath, Jonathan walked over to the carriage where the lion was about to help his niece into the carriage.

The pair stopped when they noticed Jonathan approaching. Jonathan took a deep breath before crossing the remaining distance between him and the young vixen. He then performed a princely bow that Grandfather Launce had taught him, conjured up a lotus blossom seemingly out of nowhere, and presented it to the young lady.

The lion king seemed amused and smiled kindly, but Jonathan didn't notice. His eyes were on the vixen. The little vixen seemed a little embarrassed as she accepted the blossom with a shy smile. Jonathan smiled back, cheeks a little flushed, then ran back into the theatre.

The young vixen stared after him a little while longer before her uncle helped her into the carriage, where she sat smelling the lotus blossom most of the ride home.

[DONE! ^_^ I finally finished]
FantasiaSwirl commented…
Pardon me for intruding in your forum, but I couldn't hold back from expressing my pag-ibig for your work. This fanfiction you both are Pagsulat is a unique piece of work, featuring characters that I absolutely adore watching them together! I wanted to congratulate you personally for Pagsulat Honest John's character and mannerisms so perfectly, it feels as if nothing has changed from when we see him in the movie! I'm really hoping that you will continue this fanfic, even if it might have been quite some time since you started it. You both have great talent, and this story has amazing potential. 12 months ago
(I'm CURSED! Okay a little melodramatic, but seriously something always comes up so I don't write. I'm ADD (I have been diagnosed) so I'm easily distracted anyway. Then I get in my spontaneous 'in the zone' moods. I'm gonna do it. I'm psyched and ready to write, then someone turns on the TV (The TV That Has Been Off the WHOLE Day till the exact moment I sit down at the computer!). Or, someone turns on the dishwasher and uses this weird new detergent we got a week or two ago that apparently my nose is very sensitive to and the smell fills the kitchen and computer area, but no one else seems to even notice it. Then Finally a few days ago I got my chance. Everyone was gone, the dishwasher was off, and so was the tv. I wrote. Everything was going great. I had over half of what I had left to write. But I didn't post it because I wasn't done. It had been raining awhile when I heard thunder, I thought 'hey the power's not going to go out just yet' and kept writing. Then 5 minutes later, black screen. Gone! All gone! I mentally smacked my head over and over again. I could have posted it. Why didn't I post it? Aaghh. Then the power kept having on and offs the rest of the night. Why me?)
crying
(Why us :( Do you know how badly I've been wanting to read your post? I've even written a reply (mostly because I didn't think the flashback would effect it too much AND I had a good idea for Marian's reaction. It's okay though, I'm not going to kill you. Just post soon so my brain doesn't die :P)
Okay. I am going to try to make a come back, but I must be up front and say that my entries will not be as frequent as they used to be.
I am really pressed for time now, and it is hard to find quiet time to write. I am currently working on finishing the flashback of when John first met Marian and the original flashback I never posted.
I may only be able to post 1 entry a week. I'm really sorry.
I made a manip of the couple though. :)
 Okay. I am going to try to make a come back, but I must be up front and say that my entries will not
lol it's alright! I understand, I'm busy too so I understand. I'm just glad you'll be writing again! oooo I like this manip :D
big smile
Okay I finished one of the flashbacks. I posted it under Edit 11-22-2011
Looking forward to your response and feedback.
Oooooo the flower was too sweet! Here's my reply:

Maid Marian had been enthralled with the actor’s performance up until the moment he stumbled and sent the banquet table tumbling. It was like the trance she had been under had evaporated and now she was stared the man she had been companions with from childhood. ‘Could it be? Could it really be Johnny?’ The maiden blinked rapidly, wondering if the image would disappear. When it didn’t she slowly, yet gracefully, made her way through the crowd, gently nudging people aside until she was standing before her old friend.
The blossom, oh she remembered the blossom he had given her. She had kept it till it turned to dust, not wanting to forget the first proper gift she had been given. ‘Such a sweet boy, and I a shy girl. How long has it been since I have seen him?’ Much, much too long.
At first she was lost for words. What do you say to a man you last saw when you were being toted off in a carriage for a summer in Nottingham? Jon had always held a place in Marian’s heart that even Robin had not managed to weasel his way in and while she had been in Nottingham for the first time, she had missed him dreadfully. Her mouth may have been zipped shut but her eyes were staring into his, pleading for him to confirm that this was not some dream her sleep deprived mind had come up with. 
Before she knew it, all grace and formality was forgotten. She was on her knees, hugging the little boy she had grown up with but now was a man, a stable, sturdy figure in a sea teeming with uncertainty. The crowd gasped with horror and confusion. What was the king’s niece doing hugging the cake covered actor? Oh, if they only knew what memories those two shared. 
“Please tell me this isn’t a dream.” She whispered into his shoulder that was covered in pastries. Suddenly a horrible thought surfaced: what if he didn’t remember her? No, he had to. The way he looked at her…he must have, right? 
Pulling back quickly she held his gaze, the one that hadn’t changed in ten years, and waited. And waited. Just like he had for her. 
FantasiaSwirl commented…
Excuse me for interrupting here, but I just couldn't help commenting on your work with this original idea of pairing Honest John and Maid Marian, both characters that I love. Like I sinabi on my comment in GypsyMarionette's post, I really enjoyed pagbaba your work up to this point, finding that you both have great talent in Pagsulat your respectful characters! You have written Maid Marian in a very convincing and accurate way, since she seems to be exactly the same as in her own movie. I can't tell the difference, really, which is an accomplishment in itself! I believe you both are very talented, while your story has great potential still. I really hope to read madami of this fanfic in the near future, even if it's been a while since you started it. I'm just dying to see the two foxes interact in present time! 12 months ago
Okay first of I love your response. It's so cute. Really.
But I still have that other flashback to finish and well this doesn't completely fit.
You see this flashback is a bit dark and explains why John is way he is. It takes place when Jonathan is about 16-17 years old. He gets his heart broken by another female and learns of the dark-side of nobility. It explains why he left the theatre and why he turns to crime.
So while I love your response, it doesn't exactly fit.
If we could just have them as childhood friends, I think that would still fit. I was planning on that being an obscure meeting and them being drawn together at that moment, but I love your idea of them getting closer during childhood.
Jonathan couldn't have known Marian for too long yet. This way the love truly blossoms now instead of in the past.
smile
I'm glad you think so. Sure, I can change it up, no worries! I'll go back and edit it today :) I'll find something else to add in that place! Can't wait to see the rest of the flashback :D
**fixed it! Now you can write your other flashback in peace** (I just put it where the old reply used to be).