Disney Princess Saddest Princess Moments: What broke your heart?

dweeb posted on Apr 23, 2010 at 03:04AM
4. Belle crying over the Beast's dead body. Obviously. It was a tad overdone, but still very heart wrenching.
3. Cinderella's dress being ripped apart and the way Lady Tremaine grins and coldly says "Goodnight." Man I wanted to kick that bitch's ass.
2. Ariel crying as Eric marries Vanessa. How can anyone not adore that girl when you see those huge blue eyes weeping?
1. Dwarves crying over Snow White. This one kills me. I cannot stand it. The music + seeing such a sweet, loving, genuine young girl dead and having to watch the little fellows who have grown to love her cry. It's too much for me!!!

Disney Princess 12 ang sumagot

Click here to write a response...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas kiraragirl200 said…
laugh
YAY!!! I'm not the only one who finds Snow Whites funeral the saddest.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas DreamyGal said…
All the ones dweeb listed, and:
Pocahontas letting John Smith go.
Ray's Death :(
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas lailaritaa said…
Mulan being left behind after she was spared from death that poor girl was so humiliated i really wanted too hug her and when she was discovered as well she was trying really hard to defend herself with Chi Fu shouting at her and not mention that the only things she was wearung are trousers bandages and a blanket wrapped around her in a really cold place
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas scarletunicorn said…
BEAST DYING!!!!! I ALWAYS CRY LIKE A CHILD!!!

That aside, I'm pretty emotional and i tend to cry over most sad things in media, so don't be surprised that i tear up on occasion watching any Disney film.

Cinderella running to the garden after her stepsisters tear off her dress is a huge emotional one.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas coolsinger198 said…
When Cinsy gets dressed ruined and Aurora going into a deep sleep and the fairies crying
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas Tygers_Eye said…
In no particular order...

- The scene where Cinderella's stepsisters verbally and physically assault her as they rip up her mother's dress, then her step mother rubs salt in the wound by smirking triumphantly, then she's so overcome with grief and disappointment that she runs to the garden sobbing.

- After Jafar tells Jasmine that the boy from the market was beheaded for "kidnapping the princess," causing her to think her first real friend was killed because of her. The scene where Raja comforts her at the fountain still hits me.

- The scene where Belle trades her life for her father's. The scene is so charged with drama. Belle's heartache, yet steadfast resolve and sacrifice gets to me. "... You have my word." "DONE!" *Belle falls to the ground* I wanna cry every time the Beast drags Maurice away from her and all she can do is helplessly cry, "Wait!"

- The scene right after Mulan's father yells at her, and she goes outside to sob in the rain.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas phantom000 said…
My big tear jerkers as a kid was Charlotte's Web and The Land Before time, neither are disney movies. I have never actually seen Bambi or Snow White. The Cinderella scene made me more angry then sad.

Still...ever seen Ariel's beginning? I sat down at watched it one time, I didn't cry but....DANG! I wanted to when Ariel was thinking about her mother and how much she misses her. I'm glad i watched it alone because i don't see how a grown man could live down crying over The Little Mermaid.

What was really sad is how Disney said they would make no more direct-to-video sequels. Just as they figure out how to make it work they stop doing it.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas Stormclaw said…
The 2nd Sunrise in Brave. MAJOR WATERWORKS. Noble Maiden Fair is one of my favorite songs, though
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas wavesurf said…
Hmm. Ariel crying when she thinks she has lost Eric.
When Cindy is heartbroken, after her stepsisters and her stepmother ruin her last dress from her mother.
When all of China is bowing to Mulan, and when Fa Zhou tells Mulan that she has made him proud.
That's about it.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas PrincessVT said…
angry
Well, I'm heartless... I don't feel for characters. But I guess when Tiana got outbid sort of was sad. She was super happy and overjoyed about it and even sang a song bout how happy she is. Then them racist brothers be like fuck yo happiness, you been outbid
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas wavesurf said…
^^ I don't think you're heartless. That part did not make me sad, either. It just made me angry. Ray's death did not make me sad. It only made me angry, again. I don't know. So much of TPATF just makes me irritated and angry.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas AdelitaI said…
Mulan is revealed to be a woman, humiliated and nearly executed. Definetely my saddest Disney moment ever. Sadder than any death scene to me. It's because Mulan isn't not a victim of villain or his minions in this situation. She is a victim of society, of system which isn't realized to be not normal by every good guy of the movie. She isn't supported or sympathized by everyone who is not a villain or jerk. Mistreatment she got is normalized in-universe. I think it's something really mature and un-fairytale. Same can't happen in a idealistic fairytale where a bad witch is the only source of evil.
The only DP scene I can't re-watch.
last edited sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas