doktor na ROSE TYLER

Luxa posted on Feb 26, 2014 at 10:17AM
hey you whovians out there, you probably had that topic like a thousand times, but im new and i need help!
i just started Doctor Who, because i love Sherlock so much! and i now finished season 2 ( so PLEASE dont spoiler!! ) it was the episode in which the doctor and rose get seperated forever, it break my heart, literally! and now i just want to ask you:
How? i meanhow could moffat do this? will they find a way to get back together? ( i remind you, no spoilers!) and are the writers serious? shes the best! how could they do it, and now will there be just another woman like rose ( well of course not like her because shes unique!) but still!
i watched season3 ep1 and there is now martha and he kissed her, of couse just because it was necessary but still! awww i like martha but shes no rose and she cannot just go and travel with the doctor like rose used to do! thats not fair!

so please dear fandom!! help me understand this!

-L

doktor na 3 ang sumagot

Click here to write a response...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas DW_girl said…
smile
Hi. I'm a big Doctor Who and Sherlock fan, too :) For starters, 'Doomsday' was written by Russell T Davies, not Moffat, so it was Davies, aswell as Billie Piper, who mutually decided for Rose to leave. Ok, well it's kind of hard to give you clues if you don't want spoilers... all I'll say is, expect the unexpected! Catastrophes happen in life so the moment when Rose leaves was always gonna happen at some point, but yes, I cry buckets at that episode! Rose is great, but don't worry, there's plenty more companions who are just as good, and if not, better, and they are all unique in their own way, too.
Martha's an example- she's brilliant. I think that series is overshadowed by Rose's departure too much, but you'll get used to Martha. In fact, she's probably my favourite companion in all honesty.
Doctor Who is all about change, so remember, no character lasts forever....
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas Luxa said…
hey thank you for taking time to respond! i understand everything you said and i know its stupid to think the characters will last forever but they were such a great team! and now when im watching martha and the doctor its like hes cheating on rose (which is obviously absurd but still) . martha feels like an intruder..
is it stupid to care about fictional characters this much? it always feels not real if an actor is the reason characters have to leave the series..
okay i guess i just have to accept the things as they are, thank you again!
-L
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas DW_girl said…
smile
That's okay :) They were a great team, so it's understandable that you feel that way. I know what you mean with Martha, but by the time The Doctor accepts Martha for who she is (that she's not just a replacement for Rose, and she's her own person), the audience accepts Martha too. It's not stupid, i totally know the feeling- I always get attached to Doctor Who's characters.