Emma and Sheriff Graham A wolf...

afirewiel posted on Apr 24, 2012 at 01:15AM
I recently went back and rewatched the pilot and something struck me. When Emma's leaving town after dropping Henry off at Regina's, she swerves to avoid an animal in the road. What kind of animal? That's right a wolf. What character was raised by wolves and considers them his friends? The Huntsman/Graham. So, does that strike anybody else as important? I mean, they could have had any animal; a fox, a deer would have done just as well, so why a wolf? I'm pretty sure it has to do with Graham and I hope it's symbolic.

Emma and Sheriff Graham 5 ang sumagot

Click here to write a response...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas CelestialDream said…
I'm actually pretty sure it's the same Wolf that we saw in 1x07, I think it's the Huntsman's Wolf. It hasn't been confirmed yet or anything but, I think the wolf knew who she was and specifically prevented her from leaving that night. Plus how ironic the next place she wound up at was down at the police station where Graham works.

Also, someone pointed this out on another site that I found interesting, in the orginal pilot draft Graham was originally the one who got Emma to stay in Storybrooke that first night. So I think either way there was a deeper meaning behind both choices.
last edited sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas afirewiel said…
Yeah, I was thinking that it was the same wolf...which is kind cool. This gives me more hope that Graham & Emma will have a happy ending.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas CelestialDream said…
Same here. I feel like Graham's wolf is probably looking after Emma in some ways for him. I hope we see his wolf pop up again.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas SisterOfThalia said…
I really hope so. That's what i think every time I watch the pilot.

Also some people have noted that Emma's story parallels the Ugly Duckling. I personally noticed (looking for more parallels) that in the Ugly Duckling, at one point, a /hunter's dog/ came by and /prevented the duckling from leaving/. But that may just be me.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas LowriLorenza89 said…
I always thought that was Graham's wolf. It must have been brought over along with all the other characters and had been living in the forest around Storybrooke for years. It missed Graham, knew he wasn't himself and knew that Emma was needed to break the Curse and restore him, so it prevented her leaving.