Upgrade to a different browser or install Google Chrome Frame to experience this site.
Korea\'s Gateway to the World! Koreaboo is a platform for K-Pop and K-Drama fans to discover and discuss Korean music, movies, drama and culture.
In the latest breaking news, Jessica has finally broken her silence after posting on Weibo and released an update to the media in the form of a letter.
Jessica’s letter comes just moments after Tyler Kwon updated his Weibo account, sending an encouraging message to Jessica as well as
repeating that he has no plans to get married in the near future.
He then sent a message to Jessica on Weibo stating,
"Hey, hang in there~! The truth about what really happened will be known - we all got your back!"
I was given a notice of departure from Girls’ Generation by my agency on September 29th, and I cannot hide my shocked and upset heart about this, so I’m here to reveal my feelings.
I have always put the activities of Girls’ Generation’s before my business and personal life as a member of Girls’ Generation. However, despite my efforts for the team, the agency asked me to leave [the team].
As I was planning on creating the business I have shown a lot of interested in before, I sufficiently consulted SM as well as the members regarding my preparations many times, asking for their understanding.
Up until the beginning of August when I was launching “BLANC,” I made agreements and received permission from SM, and even congratulations from the members.
However, in early September, only a month following the launching, the members suddenly changed positions and held a meeting, telling me to either quit my business or leave Girls’ Generation without any justifiable reason.
I explained that I had already received permission from the agency, that I had never neglected Girls’ Generation’s activities, and I could not suddenly stop my business due to my contract with my business partner after only a month.
Ultimately, I pleaded that it was unfair to make me choose [between the group and her business]. Becoming a Girls’ Generation member was the best thing in my life, and I’ve never thought about quitting.
Shocked, I met with the agency’s CEO on September 16th about my position, and again, confirmed their permission for me to continue my business.
However, on September 29th, I was given a one-sided notice asking me to leave Girls’ Generation. Because of this, I was unable to attend the fan meeting in China on September 30th, and I have been excluded from following Girls’ Generation scheduled activities.
I have received great pain and cannot hide my sadness when I was asked by the agency and my fellow members, whom I’ve spent 15 years with, putting in all my passion and efforts, to leave Girls’ Generation just because I am starting my own business.
I also want to apologize for causing concern to all the fans. Understand that this is not the situation I imagined. I have always treasured Girls’ Generation and will continue to do so. Thank you for always supporting and love me.supporting and loving me.
— BREAKING: Tyler Kwon updates Weibo sending message to Jessica announces no plan for marriage in near future
- Girls’ Generation leaves Jessica’s part unsung at Shenzhen fan meeting; fans make “J” pink ocean
- Jessica and Tyler Kwon reported to be married next May
- Netizens speculate into Girls’ Generation Taeyeon “family portrait”
- EXCLUSIVE: Who is Tyler Kwon, the mysterious rumored boyfriend of Girls’ Generation Jessica?
- Girls’ Generation arrive at Shenzhen International Airport
- Netizens react to Jessica leaving Girls’ Generation
- Netizens point out Girls’ Generation wearing Jessica’s “BLANC” at Incheon Airport
- #StayStrongSNSD trends #1 Worldwide on Twitter after Girls’ Generation Jessica departure
- BREAKING: SM Entertainment announces Jessica will no longer be part of Girls’ Generation
- BREAKING: Dispatch finds Girls’ Generation Jessica in airport with Tyler Kwon + exclusive statement from SM Entertainment
- SM Entertainment stocks take a hit after Girls’ Generation Jessica Weibo post
- Tyler Kwon, Jessica, Girls’ Generation and SM Entertainment trend on Korean portal sites
- Dispatch reveals photos of Girls’ Generation heading to Chinese fanmeet with Jessica missing
- UPDATE: Girls’ Generation Jessica posts another message to Weibo about termination from SNSD
- BREAKING: Girls’ Generation Jessica posts she is being kicked out of the group on Weibo… account hacked?