This is how I feel about HP vs. Twilight. Twilight fans feel free to state your own opinion but I would prefer no one fights. These are my opinions and everyone is entitled to their own.
I know there are many of these artikulo on here but this is my own and wanted to share it. Sorry about how long it is! And please excuse any typos!
1. The character have personalities and depth. They grow and change and even minor characters are so complex
-Dobby: Dobby was a house elf that belonged to the Malfoy family. At great risk to himself, he tried to keep Harry from danger sa pamamagitan ng attempting to persuade him not to return to Hogwarts. When this failed, he continued trying to make Harry return home. Dobby was different than other house elves in the fact he wanted to feel appreciated for his servitude. He was treated poorly sa pamamagitan ng the Malfoy family and was often instructed to punish himself in terrible ways. After Harry came out of the Chamber of Secrets, he tricked Lucius Malfoy into freeing Dobby. Dobby then went to work at Hogwarts and was always grateful to Harry Potter. He helped Harry out of a few jams. He once estola gillyweed out of Professor Snape's supply closet to help Harry through a task in the tri-wizard tournament. Dobby had a great pag-ibig for socks, being the item that won him his freedom. One pasko he was moved to tears when Harry presented him with socks as a gift. Dobby's final deed was that of great courage and loyalty when he made a mass rescue of those imprisoned in Malfoy Manor. As he was making his final escape with Harry, Bellatrix threw a knife. It was intended for Harry, but hit Dobby squarely in the chest. Harry, Dean, and Ron made Dobby a grave at Bill and Fleur's home, Shell Cottage. Harry marked Dobby's headstone with, "Here Lies Dobby, A Free Elf".
-Winky: The opposite of Dobby. When freed, she cries and is not happy at all about it. She knows Crouch's secret. She was founding holding Harry's wand which had conjured the dark mark.
-Hedwig: Hedwig could be considered an owl with a 'formal' personality, and has a habit of staring/hooting "reproachfully", cuffing Harry with a wing when miffed (which is rather often), and being far madami vocal than the average Snowy Owl. She also can act with hurt or anger due to Harry's sometimes innocently thoughtless actions or words. It is implied throughout the books that Hedwig can fully understand Harry and, apparently, to some extent vice versa. This implies in turn that she is a very intelligent owl, or that owls hide their intelligence from Muggles.
Those alone are 3 minor characters and have so much importance to them!
2. It has pag-ibig not lust. Harry/Ginny & Ron/Hermione. Lily sacrificed herself for Harry which saved his life on multiple accounts. Bella likes Edward b/c he is good looking. Edward likes Bella b/c she smells good. It took Harry, Ginny, Hermione, and Ron 6 years to realize their pag-ibig for each other. Not just a few weeks. Bella and Edwards have nothing in common and didn’t know very much about each other. They liked each other for looks. I bet if Edward wasn’t good looking Bella would never have fallen for him. Im positive.
3. In twilight, I found a boring, stupid plot. Twihards will argue that but I mean I know there is a plot but its very... bland. Its MOSTLY (90%)Edward and Bella obsessing over each other... There is minimal action and not much suspense. In Twilight, Bella and Edward meet each other and fall in love. They hang out and Edward saves Bella a few times from her stupid mistakes. And a bad vamp, James, want to kill Bella b/c of her scent and Edward again saves her. In New Moon, Edward leaves her and Bella goes into depression and jumps off a cliff to see a vision of him. Then Alice comes and they go save Edward. In Eclipse, there are mysterious killings going on. Edward doesn’t let Bella meet Jacob. Bella is in danger but Edward keeps it from her. She soon finds out and sa pamamagitan ng then Victoria and the new born vampires. The Cullens and wokf pack team up. They fight and there are no casualties on the Cullen and wolf’s side. Oh and Edward and Bella are engaged! In Breaking Dawn they go on a honeymoon and Bella is pregnant. The baby is killing her but she survives. It is named Renesmee. The baby is “illegal” and the volturi wants to kill it. In the end they talk it out and all is well!
In HP, Harry is fighting for his life and struggling through everyday school things. He survived a killing curse from the 2nd greatest sorcerer in the world. In the first book he has to protect the sorcerer's stone and goes through an obstacle to get to it, etc. In the second, the chamber of secrets is opened and students are in danger. He also finds out he can speak parseltongue. He also "kills" a diary which you dont think is important then but in the 7th book you find out it was a horcrux. One of the things I pag-ibig about JK Rowling's Pagsulat is that even small things matter. Anyways in the third book, A mass murderer is after him who later turns out good and is his godfather. In the fourth book there is the triwizard tournament and the quidditch world cup. In the fifth book the ministry is taking over Hogwarts, Sirius dies, Umbridge, the detentions. Plus there is a lot of Fred and George<3 (hehe) Sixth book, you find out a lot about Voldemorts past and why he is bad. Dumbledore also dies AND THERE IS NOW ROMANCE!!! The seventh bookk is a grand finale to the whole series with a BATTLE! And a hunt for the rest of the horcruxes. This paragraph cant even sum up 1/100000000 of this series!!!
These are not the best summaries, I know, but just to give you an idea.
4. Hermione, Ginny, and Luna are good role models. They teach you to be bravo and strong. When Edward left Bella she fell apart. She became suicidal and ditched all her friends. Ginny and Hermione on the other hand were strong and made it through. They were sad but understood it was for the best and continued their lives (Note: For Hermione, this was her first love. So I know people say that Bella went into depression b/c it was her first pag-ibig but look AT Hermione. She was very sad but still helped Harry.) Bella teaches you that a girl needs a guy and cant live without one.
5. Harry Potter teaches you good morals. “Harry Potter is all about confronting fears, finding inner strength, and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend.” -Stephen King
6. Nobody stands up to The Volturi in Twilight but The Order of The Pheonix are not afraid to oppose The Ministry. Heck, even the students oppose the ministry with Dumbledore's army. Come on Cullens. Surely you could run the Vampire World better than Aro???! And I personally find Voldemort to be a better villian. Wizards are so scared of him they do not even say his name! He is the world's 2nd greatest sorcerer (After Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledor)!!! I see Voldemort as an evil wizard and the Volturi as Vampire Government!
7. Harry Potter grew up with it's readers and so it grew in maturity and the characters developed alongside the fans. You go with Harry, Ron, and Hermione from their ages of 11 thru 17! You see them change and develop.
8. HP fans like the characters for their personalities. Not just b/c of the actors and their looks. (I know not all Twilight fans are like that but a lot are)
9. Rowling wasn't afraid to kill off several main characters in order to take the readers through an emotional journey. She killed Fred to remind people of parents without their children. She killed Lupin and tonks to remind people of orphans
10. Pagsulat quality- Twilight fundamentally lacks quality writing. The plot lines are simplistic and the dialog is not exactly literary genius. Harry Potter, on the other hand, has plot elements that span the entire series, and subplots intertwining all over the place. You can always predict what's going to happen in Twilight, because you know the bad guys will be defeated, and the good guys will stay in pag-ibig forever. But with Harry Potter, you don't always know what you're going to get! GOOD GUYS DIE IN HARRY POTTER! Fred, Lupin, Tonks, Snape, Dumbledore, and countless other lay down their lives, and you never know who is ligtas and who isn't. I was expecting Harry to die in the last one, because you never know. Also, Harry Potter is set in a magical world unlike anything we could ever experience, where as Twilight is set in a mundane, rainy American town that happens to have vampires. I mean think about it, the reason there is a Harry Potter theme park and there will never be a Twilight one is because there is just madami unique and creative stuff in Harry Potter. What would be in a Twilight theme park? Some attractive people covered in glitter? Harry Potter captures the imagination with it's quirky ideas, where as Twilight dulls the senses with it's derivative... well, everything.