Nawawala Kate's Crimes

DR76 posted on May 05, 2011 at 07:55PM
I've been reading a good number of articles about past episodes - especially those that relate to Kate Austen. This had led me to realize that a good number of fans tend to make excuses regarding her two worst crimes - murdering her father, Wayne Jensen and claiming Aaron Littleton as her son.

Many fans tend to claim that Kate had committed both of these actions out of some sense of non-existent selflessness. They claim that Kate had murdered Wayne to protect her abused mother from him. And they claimed that she lied about Aaron being her son and kept him from his grandmother for nearly three years in order to protect him and the island. And yet . . . the series has proven otherwise.

In the Season 3 episode, "Left Behind", Kate told her mother in a flashback that she had killed Wayne to protect her. Diane Jensen immediately sensed that Kate was lying and said so. It turned out that Diane was right. Kate had been lying. Kate finally admitted to herself in Season 2's "What Kate Did" (island time) that she had murdered Wayne, because she couldn't stand the idea of him being her father. And yet . . . many fans, especially female fans, continue to cling to Kate's lie about protecting her mother. Why?

And many fans saw nothing wrong with Kate claiming Aaron as her son. Kate had convinced Jack to accept this lie, because she wanted to use Aaron as an emotion blanket after the traumas of the island. When this was revealed in "The Little Prince", most fans either ignored this revelation or expressed outrage over Ben's manipulation in using Aaron to get her to return to the island. They preferred criticizing Ben for his con job and Jack for going along with Ben, than critizing Kate for selfishly keeping Aaron for herself and keeping him from his Australian grandmother. Even Kate finally confessed to Claire that she had no business raising Aaron. Instead of accepting her act of redemption, a lot of fans expressed annoyance that Kate would make such a confession in the first place.

I'm really curious to know why so many fans have refused (and still continue to refuse) to accept immorality of Kate's actions in regard to her father and Aaron.

Nawawala 5 ang sumagot

Click here to write a response...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas smms said…
I really liked Kate in the first season. But then after that I stopped liking her. I think it's a little bit of both wih her Step Dad. I think she did want to protect her mom, but she also didn't like the idea of him marrying her mom. I'd have to rewatch those episodes to have a complete opinon on what you said. But yeah, not a big fan of Kate.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas DR76 said…
Kate made it clear in the Season 2 episode, "What Kate Did" that she wasn't even thinking of protecting her mother, when she killed Wayne Jensen. She simply couldn't stand the idea of him being her real father.

I realize that fans like to make excuses for Kate's murder of Wayne, but she doesn't have any . . . regardless of Wayne's true nature.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas RecoomeKICK said…
hmmm
shes hot but crazy..........not a good combo
worried
MURDERER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tongue
SHE CANT ACT