Piano AAAHHH What's Wrong With My Fingering?!

monstarluv posted on Mar 16, 2013 at 01:40AM
Hey! So today i was learning to play "A Kaleidoscope Of Mathematics" from the movie "A Beautiful Mind". I was about an hour into playing the song, thinking that it is perfectly fine and everything sounds beautiful and then...... my teacher comes in and watches me play for a while then he speaks up. "Your fingering is ATROCIOUS!!!!" (he is almost always bitterly honest which is good cause i need constructive criticism). The problem is that i had been playing the song for so long that I couldn't turn back from that bad habit. What i think the problem is is that I don't exactly have long fingers so I feel that i can't quite use the same fingering techniques as other people, even though i know that that is false. But, my mind is so wired around that thought that it comes naturally. I have tried everything including Hanons Piano Exercises and it doesn't work..What Do I Do????
 Hey! So today i was learning to play "A Kaleidoscope Of Mathematics" from the movie "A Beautiful Min

Piano 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas k9hatake said…
do what i do. sit there and force yourself to do it right. but if u start getting mad take a break. once you can play a song with the right fingering or at least part of it, praise yourself. like eat a cookie or something. this may be bad advice i wouldnt know im self taught.