Severus Snape Funny Little Things

BlackHound posted on Mar 25, 2012 at 04:44AM
NOTE: Don't read this unless you've got some time to kill. ;)

Ok, so, I am a life-long lover of Agatha Christie, and have been a fan of the BBC series based on Hercule Poirot since it started. I've always loved Phil Jackson (Chief Inspector Japp), I always thought he was the perfect polar opposite for Poirot (David Suchet), and tonight I found out something that's just...well, one of those "funny little things".

So, anyway, it started out like this:

Since I got into my new place I haven't had cable TV, so I have to suffer with regular TV (I know, poor me). I was surfing the literally handfull of channels I have and stumbled upon one of the worst Roy Scheider movies I've ever seen. I don't have a TV Guide, so I went to IMDb and looked through Roy's stuff, and found it in the list after about four minutes. Not worth watching. While I was sitting and looking at how many awful films Roy had done, there was a commercial for a really stupid older film with Tuesday Weld, who I always thought was really hot. So, since I was sitting at IMDb, I looked her up and made sure she was still alive (I'm weird that way...I like to make sure actors I like are still kicking, then move along). Then I looked up Donna Douglas, and Buddy Ebsen. I looked up Doug Bradley and can't believe no one has put up a decent profile pic of him, but then, the best pics of him are as Pinhead, and Hellraiser isn't exactly everyone's cuppa, especially after the second film, they turned to shit (MHO, sorry). HIII had some fine points (Terry Farrell, who would become Jadzia Dax </3), but by and large, the films are crap after Hellraiser II. OK, so after Doug, I eventually made my way to my favorite British Detectives and Inspectors, begining with my much loved Chief Inspector Morse. John Thaw was a wonderful actor, and I sheds a tear for him now and again. I was thinking that he would have made one Hell of a wizard, when I kinda weirded myself out a bit. I realized that he was born where Our Potions Master was (Manchester), and he died where the Malfoys lived (Wiltshire). >.O Aaaaaaanyway...I was just about to leave the site and actually go do something useful with myself when I said (I actually said aloud) "Wait! Chief Inspector Japp!" So I looked him up, and discovered the aforementioned "funny little thing".

In July of 2009, exactly six days after The Half-Blood Prince was released (in the US), Philip Jackson was in an episode of Midsomer Murders, entitled "The Glitch", in which he played a character named...

Daniel Snape.

link's the IMDb page for that episode, and you can go link for Philip's comments about the character, which I'm still laughing about. However, I'll be damned if I can find a picture of Philip as D. Snape, and I can't find this episode available on line. Even iTunes, while they do have Midsomer Murders, don't have Season 12 available. I'll keep looking though, and if I find it, or a picture of him, I'll post it.

:D
last edited on Mar 25, 2012 at 04:51AM

Severus Snape 3 ang sumagot

Click here to write a response...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas cunha27 said…
I found this photo link: I think that's him at the back in the blue jacket as Daniel Snape
 I found this litrato [url=http://midsomermurders.org/theglitch3.htm]here[/url]: I think that's him at t
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas BlackHound said…
big smile
YES!! That's Phil Jackson! Thank you, cunha, I guess I didn't look around that site long enough. You just made my day.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas cunha27 said…
Glad to help :)

For some strange reason though since you mentioned it, my brain can't seem to stop wondering what was the Roy Scheider movie you watched :P