The Host Did It Go Like This?

pwooden posted on Mar 21, 2011 at 12:10AM
In her introduction to the Bonus Chapter, Stephenie Meyer explains that, since The Host was written from Wanderer’s perspective, scenes were omitted where she wasn’t present.

Let’s fill in the gaps. How do you think omitted scenes might have happened? Try to be brief, and please keep it PG-13. My examples:

“You’ll like Jared, Jamie—he’s human, like us. He’s waiting for us now in his Jeep. He wants you and me to go live with him in his house.
“And we’ll be just like a real family, with a house and everything?”
“Yes, Jamie—just like a real family.”
“And Mel…”
“Yes, Jamie?”
“Can I drive the Jeep?”

Jared counted carefully: the fifth door along the fifth hall on the fifth floor. His breathing stopped cold—there was a scrap of paper under the door. His hands trembled as he leaned over to pick up the note. As he read the ten simple words, anguish swept over him like a tidal wave. He fell to his knees and his face distorted into a long, silent scream.

Doc looked Kyle squarely in the eyes and put his hand on his shoulder. “I’m so sorry, Kyle, but Jodi just isn’t in there. She’s not coming back. I wish there was something more I could do.”
Kyle took a deep, trembling breath, and slowly nodded his head. His eyes cast downward, at the cyrotank he still held clasped in his hands. Then he lifted the tank and shoved it into Doc’s hands.
“There is something you can do,” he said resolutely. “ I want you to put Sunny back in.”

Jared shook Jamie awake. “C’mon, kid. We need to go on an emergency raid, and you’re coming with us.” Jamie sat up and rubbed his eyes. “Huh? What? Oh…hi, Mel, ‘lo, Wanda.” Mel knelt down next to Jamie and pulled him into her arms. “Wanda’s not here,” she explained to him. Ian’s with her in the hospital. We need your help in finding her a new body.”

The Host No ang sumagot