serye ng takip-silim Why does Rosalie and Jasper have the last name Hale?

wildcats13 posted on Aug 05, 2008 at 12:52AM
I've been curious about this for a long time. I don't understand why Carlisle, Esme, Edward, Alice and Emmett have the last name Cullen but Rosalie and Jasper have the last name. I thought Emmett and Rosalie were officialy married. And I can understand why Jasper is Jasper Hale b/c that was his name pre- Cullens, but why Rosalie?

If anyone can clear this up for me I would really appreciate it. I just wanna know if I'm just being stupid and missing something... :D thanks

serye ng takip-silim 21 ang sumagot

Click here to write a response...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas twilight_loser said…
Jasper and Rosalie have the same last name b/c they looked like the were related b/c they are both blonde. It says that in the books. and im pretty sure Hale was Rosalie's last name. She didn't want to change it.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas funnyshawna said…
Rosalie's last name was Hale before she was changed. She came into the family before Jasper and Jasper looked enough like her that they could be related so they called him Hale too. Rosalie probably changes her last name from place to place- depending on whether or not she is pretending to have already married emmett. In forks she was pretending to be a senior in high school- so she wasnt already married to emmett (supposedly). in other places if she pretends to be older she probably goes by the last name Cullen.

thaat's just my guess:)
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas maryalicecullen said…
Actually, Rosalie doesn't like being a vampire and doesn't want to forget her human life, that's why she kept her human last name, and Jasper took it 'cause they looked alike.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas denisemubaiwa said…
i am not sure maybe it would be weird to have cullens dating other cullens so maybe they just hale for saftey stuff u know
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas fanpire101 said…
humans thought that jasper and rosalie were twins, the cullens went along with that, and since rosalie wouldnt give up her name hale, jasper took on that name as well
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas kiwiberry351 said…
Okay I was confused about this too until I read the books over...I know how u feel, lol

Okay. So Rosalie is beautiful and blonde and so is Jasper. Rosalie loved being human and didnt wanna give up here last name - Hale. Jasper, being the lovely vamp that he is, took Rosalie's last name so the humans think they're related.

A lot of people say they're twins - I dont agree because Rosalie is grade above Jasper and is older.
tabbi99 commented…
I don't think that Rosalie is one grade above Jasper; they graduated together, along with Emmett sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas Twilizzy said…
yup..what they said
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas metalnaunx said…
meh
They do look alittle like there cousins or something but when i think of it in the movie doesnt Edward an Jasper look more alike?
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas undeauxtroi said…
Rosalie desperately clings onto her human memories so she refuses to change her name. She and Jasper look alike so they pose as Carlisle's neice and nephew. Jasper doesn't care what last name he uses, as long as he's with Alice. They usually go along with whatever humans think to keep them from digging too deep into their past. So Jasper assumes the last name Hale.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas OMGitsEmmett said…
big smile
Because if they were ALL cullens then they'd be brother/sister and brother/sister marriage is called incest and is frowned upon in many places.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas rosalieh1234 said…
big smile
After jasper and alice joined the family, rosalie and jasper went hunting and found a newborn vampire. The newborn tried to kill rosalie but jasper saved her in time!!(yay jasper!) then that night rosalie thanked him by letting him use her last name amd they;ve been the hale twins ever since!!!!!
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas NHale said…
smile
Jasper and Rosealie have the same last name because they look like twins. Rosalie is not in a grade higher then Jasper because if you read all the books and you read Eclipse they all graduated senior year at Forks High Shcool.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas proberts said…
Jaspers human last name was WHITLOCK remember dah... and rosalie's last was already HALE. & like the other posters mentioned... rosalie was already in the cullen clan, and then when jasper and alice came they couldnt say jasper and alice were related so they said he was rosalies real brother ( since they looked like twins and were the same age. ) and they were carlisle neice and nephew the hale twins. and that way alice& jasper were married dahhh...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas proberts said…
ohh yeah ROSALIE AND JASPER anndd Emmett were all in the the same grade and graduated the same year. thats why alice and edward are the only cullens left at school dahh they said the three went off to college.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas rvillarreal18 said…
Rosalie and Jasper have the last name because they are supposedly twins but are Esme's niece and nephew. So she's taking care of them and Carlisle "adopted" Alice, Emmett, and Edward. But they were all changed by Carlisle. they only say it that way it wont seem all weird. its in Twilight. read the book carefully
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas twilover123 said…
no they all weren't changed by Carlisle. Edward, Esme, Rosalie, and Emmett were changed by Carlisle. Alice was changed by James, and Jasper was changed by Maria. Rosalie kept her human name because she never wanted to be a vampire, so she wanted to stay some what "connected" to her human life so she kept the last name Hale.
last edited sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas minniemagpie said…
Alice wasn't changed by James...James was Victoria's mate in Twilight and killed and dismembered by the Cullens after he tried to kill Bella. Nothing is known about how Alice was changed or who was responsible for it. All that is known is that she had spent sometime in a mental institution (and its implied that she had her ability to forsee the future even before she was changed.)
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas AlexandraSwan said…
Rosalie's last name is Hale, Jasper's last name is Whitlock. Rosalie and Jasper does look alike and the fact that they don't want people to become suspicous of them. Even though Rosalie and Emmett are married, people would only find it wierd that they are in highschool and married, so thatis why they pose as girlfriend and boyfriend.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas Bellaness said…
Well Rosalie's human last name was Hale and yes she is a Cullen but to humans they have to be hales becuse it would look wired if the Cullen's had so many kids especially since they don't hide that they are together so then Rosalie and jasper use Rosalie's old human name so they can still be togeher with Emmett and Alice so in order to remain in the human world they have to use Rosalie's name for herself and jasper and then the reast of the family can be Cullen's but even Bella will probably have to use swan when she has to start high school with the Cullen's as a vampire just becuse it seems weird to the humans if they were "biologically" related and then were together so Edward Emmett and Alice pose as biological siblings rose and jazz (jasper) pose as biological sibling and Bella will probably have to be a biological only child so it's easier to get away with being in high school and staying around human
last edited sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas
julieahahahaha commented…
why would bella want to go back to high school shes already graduated, that would not make sense at all sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas
Flickerflame commented…
@juliahahahaha - all of the younger Cullens keep re-doing high school. If they pretend to be school aged when they start over in a new location, it means that they can stay there for longer before the humans start noticing that they look younger than they're claiming to be. sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas Daianamoon said…
They have the same last name because ,they are very similar.
They both have blonde hair,and if you don't know Jasper you
Would think that he is pretty cold ,just like roselie
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas alessa_black said…
Both jasper and Rosalie look alike and since the cullens story is that they adopted them