bidyo laro Gamers Unite

kakarot posted on Feb 25, 2009 at 08:52PM
okay gamers, ive got a report do on wether or not a violent video games make a kid violent. i tried do research on my on but got nothing but biased reports, please send me or post any info that could help.thanks

bidyo laro 6 ang sumagot

Click here to write a response...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas God1 said…
monkey
My family has been influenced by violent video games and it made us pretend to be violent. I hope that helps.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas DoctorSpud said…
Games haven't affected me at all, I find this "violent influence" stuff bull. But I do admit, sometimes I like to swing my wiffle bat around and imagine I'm Kratos ;D
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas BlueBadger said…
Lol. Anyway, I agree that violent video game influence is the lousiest piece of crap that I have ever heard of. Video games have NEVER in my life influenced me to do something, or anything, that I would later regret. As a gamer, and a Christian, I know the difference between fantasy and reality. So I would think that the only kind of person who could be so easily influenced by not just video games, but every kind of media on this Earth, would be an addict. Someone who is heavily addicted to video games as if they were alcohol. At least, I would think so. Anyway, I hope this bit of information helps. Good luck on your report! :)
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas kakarot said…
thanks and keep um comin
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas knifewrench said…
I watched my cousin play Quake when I was VERY young. I may have a slightly disturbed mind, and when a baby screams in a shop I may want to kick it's face in, but there's no chance I'd do such a thing.

What influences people is excessive alone-time on video games as children. The less time you spend in reality, the less you care about it's rules and people's feelings. That is what's good about next-gen games: most of the time you're connected to other people and you don't lose contact with reality and social interaction.

Don't let a child play on Fallout 3 (Rated 18+). It's about post-apocalyptic America after a Nuclear bomb has been dropped on DC. The player is often alone and in such a dog-eat-dog environment of "he who takes, survives" is damaging to a person if she/he spends to long playing it, especially as a child.

However, a game like Team Fortress 2 (Rated 15+), in which you are always in contact with other people, is fine for a young child to play in moderation and with a grown-up to explain that such things should only be done in video games.

Violent games are not bad. And like BlueBadger, this is coming from a Christian-gamer point of view.
last edited sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas PrinceKiseki said…
angelic
Well said Knifewrench. I would just not let kids under 12 play Mortal Kombat or GTA. Those games were ment to abandon every moral a person should know. If a kid just has to shoot or beat up stuff then it should be a game thats surreal and doesnt emphasize killing humans or any other exsiting earthly creature . I bet your paper was already due by now.