Ang Opisina Roy's Threat: Drunken Bluster or Menace to Jim?

papa posted on Feb 23, 2007 at 08:51AM
So what do you think? Was that just a drunk Roy speaking or do you think he's gonna do some serious harm to Jim in the coming episodes?

I'm hoping it was just drunk Roy and that the show doesn't turn too dark in the coming episodes, but the way he said it makes me think that this is wishful thinking. Jim better watch his back.

Ang Opisina 34 ang sumagot

Click here to write a response...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas bSd said…
Menace to Jim. I can't wait for next week!!!
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas ecconitro said…
Im truley scared for Jim. Roy went crazy. I can't believe he did that. Than the moron brother starts breaking the chairs wtf. That is a crazy family. Why was Pam ever with him if that is the real Roy.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas sfdude said…
I wanna see Jim kick Roy's ass like he did in basketball. Jim knows kung fu and is gonna lay a beat down on Roy!
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas steph455 said…
What, how do you now jim knows kung fu, do they say that in an episode. Whoa they really want to make him crazy, i guess cause Pam and Jim will get together and the show doesn't want everyone to feel bad for Roy. HaHaha i want to see psycho roy try to attack jim then Dwight defends him hahah that would be perfect.
Oh and Roy would kill Jim, cause in the other episodes Jim always acts so scared of him, like when Roy comes int the office on the alliance episode and says" HEy what are you trying to cop a feel" and jim is like no no aawww hahah
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas bealoser said…
I don't know. I feel like if there was truth behind the threat, the tone of the show would shift dramatically (um, no pun intended?) and that's just.. odd. I do think he'll confront Jim and throw a few punches but eventually lose steam and realize he's making an ass out of himself before it gets too serious.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas bigtunajim said…
Next week is a rerun so we wont find out until March probably.

I think there will definitely be a confrontation between Jim and Roy. Thinking about it, this might make or break some relationships...how do you guys think this will affect Jim's relationship with Pam and/or Karen?
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas marissa said…
wow...

i was totally shocked by roy's reaction.

yes, i knew he was a jerk and a half, but i wasn't expecting THAT.

like bealoser said, if roy decides to actually "kill jim halpert", i think the tone of the show will totally change.

but then again, if you would have told me roy went crazy in a bar and started breaking things and screaming last week, i would have thought the same thing.

this show has a knack for shifting from really serious and then back to funny again.

i hope roy's threat isn't nothing and we're all gunna be waiting for something completely umexpected or dramatic to happen and it doesn't. I think that would be kind of a let down. but i agree with steph455...as much as i love jim...he's get his ass kicked.

but hey, kevin's got his back, eh?

speaking of, why was kevin so upset in that episode? whats with him and stacey?

anyways, i have mixed feelings. i want him to do something....then again i dont.

okay, i've said my piece.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas alissamfehlbaum said…
i think roy will maybe in end up in jail. maybe.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas officefan said…
You guys kill me defending Pam for kissing Jim while she was engaged to Roy. Roy had every right to be upset. He was trying very hard to please Pam and all her whims and them she dropped a bombshell on him. He's is lucky he found out what kind of person Pam is in time to get out of that relationship.

Cut Roy some slack.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas bealoser said…
I agree that Roy has every right to be upset, but there's a line between just being upset and being violent. And while we saw that he was desperately trying to win her back - and a lot of times, those moments were actually very endearing and I loved him for it - as *soon* as they got back together, he reverted back to his old self.

IMO, going to your girlfriend's art show in support of her dreams and spending one night with her and her coworkers at a bar when you were originally planning on getting wasted with your brother anyway should not be considered huge sacrifices. And I wouldn't necessarily call them "whims." I mean, they *are* boyfriend things that he should have done, I think.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas jane-willow said…
roy is a jerk. he was a jerk and still is a jerk. i was just watching some of season two today and was thinking "why did she taking him back???"

yes, he had a right to be upset, but he had it coming.

sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas buddyhollz4 said…
completely agree with jane-willow.

i can definetly see roy giving jim a black eye.
i'm worried for jim because i don't think he's the type to fight back. he's a lover, not a fighter.

but three weeks till new episode!!!!!!!! how will we last??
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas Widdershin said…
Nobody was "defending pam cheating on Roy", the topic is in of Roy is dangerous. Shyeah obviously.

And to illustrate the line between a reasonable reaction and going crazier than an outhouse rat is breaking private property. It's like saying he's great for not hitting Pam to say he was doing everythign he could- this episode made it obvious his best was not good enough.

Nobody is condoning infedelity. I think Roy will try to get back at Jim but it'll probably just be a punch in the jaw. I saw Pam and Jim in the UK version had a baby togther so I htink it's safe to say Pam and Jim US are getting together but to see what UK Roy does would require me watching WAY too many obnoxious accents.

Anyone feel like watching it to help us out?
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas pandawful said…
bSD: I hate to burst your bubble, but there may not be any new "Office" for up to 6 weeks.

Who cares. Jim is a vampire, if anything, Roy had better watch his back... or rather, his neck.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas rhm0165 said…
i got a good prediction:

roy confronts jim outside of the building, roy starts beating on jim, pam tries to break it up, roy pushes her away, jim is furious roy pushed her and begins beating him, jim again realizes his feelings for pam.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas hes1223 said…
I think what's going to happen is that Jim is going to go all Karate Kid on Roy and show him who's boss. I think that would be the best scenerio don't you.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas BurgerBurger said…
Widdershin, I've watched the entire British series and you're wrong. Lee and Dawn (Roy and Pam) had a baby together. They actually left England to go to America towards the end of the second season, and they came back for a reunion (that the documentary people organized). Roy would cream Jim in a fight, but I doubt it'll come to that. I hate Roy's brother btw.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas bradlybob said…
Wrongo on the Roy and Dawn baby. The baby belongs to the people they are living with. She babysits for them.
I've heard that the whole Jim, Pam, Karen thing gets resolved at the end of this season. The three of them move to Utah and Jim marries both of them. Then they have several children who all look at the camera with a dumbfounded expression. Problem solved!
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas bradlybob said…
OOPS, I meant Lee and Dawn baby. I get sooooo confused sometimes.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas hapaganthae said…
What I want to see is for Roy to attack Jim, and then Dwight has to break up the fight. If its just Jim and Roy dukeing it out, than Jim is pretty much gone, but if Dwight comes in to rescue him, than I'm not so sure...

sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas officefan said…
If Jim and Roy get into a fight, Michael, not Dwight sould come to the rescue. Michael did beat Dwight up in the boxing match episode as we all recall.

Also, why is Roys brother in law being dragged into this? He is harmless and just standing up for Roy. In fact, he even payed for the damage at the bar.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas trickyexe said…
I think it's his blood brother, and because the guy started smashing things for ABSOLUTELY no reason just because Roy did... And there wasn't even a short pause lol it was like the guy was just waiting for an excuse to start breaking things...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas jane-willow said…
isn't this show in real time?

like, between the end of season 2 and the begining of season 3 there were a few months, and in the show a few months had passed, jim was already at his new job and pam had borken up with roy. but we didn't see any of that.

do you think that they'll even show it? maybe its "happening" now, and, seeing as the next show isn't for, like, 5-6 weeks, they'll only talk about it? or show it in flash backs like the end of the jam kiss?
i sorta hope they don't, i don;t think that's be as exciting.

thoughts?
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas reenay said…
jane-willow thats a really interesting thought! Because the premise of the cameras being there at all is that they're filming the documentary. SO if Roy decided to confront Jim at home or some other place or at an unknown time there would be no reason for the cameras to be there.
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas oz5252 said…
Roy will beat up Jim and Roy will get fired from his job. However, this beating will be the beginning of what brings Pam and Jim back together.
last edited sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas yadayadayada said…
My prediction, no fight ever, instead: next episode we learn that Roy has left town, met a girl at a bar-- they are sooooo happy,love at first sight, he quit his warehouse job, they're now in Florida running a jet-ski rental place (his brother came along too, so we'll never see him bust up another bar in PA again)
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas flutterly said…
I'd like to cite some lines/events that generated large amounts of speculation, yet were never mentioned again in future episodes:
1- Pam calling Jim's cell phone (Diwali)
2- Jim's admittance that he still had feelings for Pam (The Return)
3- Jim turning into a vampire (Business School)
4- Pam telling Ryan to set her up with his friends (Ben Franklin)

I could go on, but my point is that the show doesn't always resolve every line or action. Considering the way Season 3 has been going, I don't think Roy's "I'm going to kill Jim Halpert" line is going to have any significant effects.

Roy and Pam will be definitely broken up, and Roy may be hostile to Jim, but I don't think there's going to be a fight or anything dramatic like that. There's no way the writers are going to bring that kind of drama onto the show. Even if there is a fight, the next episode will be after the fact. That's my prediction, anyway.
Flutterly - some things dont have to be mentioned again, its just the event itself that is important, individually, so the story lines make sence and the characters are more real.

1- Pam called Jim, that just shows she was still thinking about him, which helped when he returned cause it ment her feeling never went away. And he didn't answer his phone so why would that be mentioned again anyways.

2- Jim told karen he still had feelings for Pam then in the following episode, Jim is shown as being tired cause they stayed up all night talking it through for like 5 nights in a row, so it was important cause its a forshadow of what might or might not happen with Jim & pam.

3- The vampire was just another prank on Dwight, as you know not all pranks are long running and the joke was good for the one episode.

4- As for Pam wanting to be set up with his friends i think she was just trying to make Jim jelous cause in that episode he told Karen that their kiss didn't mean anything anymore. Or she just wants to get over Jim so she is trying to move on.

As for Roy i believe it was a cliffhanger episode, and i definitely think something is gonna go down between them and who knows what the outcome will be. i doubt they would just leave something like that hanging.
TADA!
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas Vixley said…
You know the saying: If there's a loaded gun in the first act, it had better go off by the third. Personally, I think the writers are going to take Roy's comment and run with it.

My prediction:

A day or so after the bar event, Roy cools down and comes to the office to try and talk to Pam because he wants to try and work things out... again. Then he sees Jim, becomes furious and confronts him in front of everyone. He yells, and maybe shoves Jim, but at some point Dwight jumps in (he has to, c'mon, he's got a purple belt) and then Michael, not to be shown up, gets into the fray. Roy then realizes how he's kind of making a fool of himself and leaves the office in a huff. Pam and Jim look at each other, the camera zooms in on Karen, who looks defeated. At some point after, Jim and Karen finally call it quits.

And then Andy announces he's pregnant with Jan's child.

... Or not.

sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas OfficeObsessed said…
Vixley - GREAT prediction!! Your scenario has the whole "Roy threat" thing ending up both serious AND funny (with Dwight and Michael intervening). I can't see it unfolding any other way!

If Jim and Pam don't get together soon though, I'm going to burst!
HAHA, ya Dwight jumps in like HIYA, ahhaa like he did with angela when oscar shoved past her in the gay witch hunst episode, hahah and he just kicks air LOL so funny then jim realizes Dwights true feelings for him hahah so awesome, dwight better come to the rescue one way or another.

oh you know what on the booze cruise i really like what michael said to jim about never giving up, haah it was the one time anything came out of his mouth that made good sence haha
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas tessajanuary said…
well on wikipedia a few days ago it said something like "Roy confronts Jim in front of the entire office, feelings get revealed, and relationships change." ooh... but the entry's been changed since then, so i dunno if thats actually gonna happen or not
YA it now says Daryl asks for a raise, maybe Roy quits or gets fired or arrested or something. So Daryl wants more money to make up for being short staffed! YAY