Moonlight Moonlight's DVD nominated for Saturn Award

LadyHawke_2006 posted on Apr 12, 2009 at 09:26PM
Hello everyone. I am sorry if this is considered campaigning. Just thought it was too important not to share.
I have recently discovered that Moonlight's DVD Release has been nominated for a Saturn Award. Saturn Awards are the equivilent of Academy Awards for genre films. This is the 35th year that The American Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films have been presenting these awards.
So, I imagine you are asking why I feel it is important to share this information. Well, membeship in the Academy is currently open to the public. Here is the link link . If you live in California, or can easily get there, membership includes up to 130 movie screenings for you and a guest each year. Taking that fact into consideration, the $140 membership fee is nominal. Non-resident membership is only $40.
Now for the most exciting part of this post. ALL membership levels are voting memberships. This means that if we can get eonogh people to invest a nominal $40 (I'm guessing that most of do not live in CA) we could help earn Moonlight a Saturn Award for Best DVD Release.
I have been in contact with the President of the Academy. He says they will be accepting membership applications until April 27,2009 when the final balots will be mailed. If you do decide to join, PLEASE be sure to include your e-mail address. In addition to being able to vote for Best Feature Film in all categories, you will be asked to participate on 2 additional commitees. They will e-mail you a request for your commitee choices. DVD Releases is one of the commitees as well as Television. Now we only have a nomination in the DVD category. But True Blood has several in the Television category.
I am thanking you in advance for your assistance in this effort. If we can make this a successful campaign, we might just wake up TPTB and increase our chances of getting a MOONLIGHT movie!!!
In total Vampire Solidarity,
Debbie

Moonlight No ang sumagot