nalalapit na pelikula The House Bunny

jothirath posted on Sep 02, 2008 at 06:46AM
“The House Bunny” plays like a mash up of “Legally Blonde” and “Revenge of the Nerds.” That may make the movie sound a bit derivative, but issues of originality aside, I’ve got to admit that I found this late-summer comedy to be quite charming, and frequently very funny.

Anna Faris stars as Shelly, a sweet-but-naïve girl living at the Playboy Mansion. She is asked to leave when she turns 27 (which is, like 59 in bunny years) and so Shelly finds herself living on the streets until the stumbles across the Zeta Alpha Zeta sorority house. The place is falling apart, but Shelly thinks that it looks like a mini mansion, and she impulsively applies to be the new housemother.

The sorority is filled with seven geeky sisters, but Shelly sees them all as potential Cinderellas who just need the help of a fairy godmother. Of course the sorority sisters are played by some of the hottest up-and-coming young actresses out there, so there’s never any doubt that our ugly ducklings will all be smoking hot swans by the end of the film.

As good as the cast is as a whole, this is really Anna Faris’ movie, and she is delightful to watch (and pretty smoking hot herself). She’s very funny, playing both the physical pratfalls and the verbal comedy for major laughs. She’s also never mean-spirited, which is a refreshing change for a comedy. The end result is a film that is sweet and funny, and you won’t feel bad about laughing at the jokes.

There are some romantic subplots that don’t really go anywhere, and the big rivalry with the sorority across the street doesn’t feel like anything more than just a plot device, but there are enough laughs to make “The House Bunny” into a winning surprise.

Source(s):
link
last edited on Sep 02, 2008 at 06:51AM

nalalapit na pelikula 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas xilovemrmonkeyx said…
I loved that film!
last edited sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas