24 30 araw '24' Challenge

jlhfan624 posted on Sep 22, 2011 at 12:29AM
I better not be the only person to do this!! Basically you just do one question a day and post your answer in the forum. But do them in order, etc.

Day 1: How did you come about being a fan?
Day 2: Favorite season
Day 3: Favorite male character
Day 4: Favorite female character
Day 5: Favorite season finale
Day 6: Best WTF?! moment
Day 7: What did you think of 24: Redemption?
Day 8: Favorite episode
Day 9: What 24 dvd's do you own?
Day 10: Aside from dvd's, do you own any other 24 merchandise?
Day 11: Most emotional moment
Day 12: What season had the best score?
Day 13: Favorite couple
Day 14: Jack's best woman
Day 15: Favorite duo
Day 16: Favorite villain
Day 17: Favorite minor character
Day 18: Least favorite character
Day 19: Unpopular opinion
Day 20: Favorite subplot
Day 21: Jack's most badass moment
Day 22: What are your 24 movie wishes?
Day 23: Favorite actor/actress to appear on the show
Day 24: Favorite quote
Day 25: Was the series finale everything you hoped/expected it to be? Why/why not?
Day 26: Where does 24 rank in your favorite shows of all-time?
Day 27: Least favorite subplot
Day 28: Something you would have changed
Day 29: Best use of the silent clock
Day 30: When the franchise is over for good, how should it end? Jack dead or happy?
 I better not be the only person to do this!! Basically you just do one tanong a araw and post your a
last edited on Sep 22, 2011 at 12:30AM

24 114 ang sumagot

Click here to write a response...
Next

Showing Replies 101-114 of 114

sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas HuddyJoy0524 said…
Day 25: Was the series finale everything you hoped/expected it to be? Why/why not?

I think, overall, I'm going to go with a yes on this one. Mostly, because after seeing it end the way it did I felt satisfied.

1)A.T. is one of my favorite characters and that the fact that she was listening to Logan, lying to the Americans, NOT listening to Jack...that actually was REALLY getting to me. After seeing her realize what she'd done, apologize to Jack, make things right...I was just so relieved and happy.
2)Jack DIDN'T die. While I feared that this might happen, I really didn't want it to. I wanted a movie and also I felt that the way the story and his story went, this was not the time to kill him off.
3)Jack and Chloe's friendship made it out intact and the last scene of the series was done beautifully. Just their phone call and what they say to each other...you just see seasons of friendship and emotion all conveyed in just a few moments. Beautiful.
4)I also liked the counting down clock at the end and that it WASN'T silent (they'd used them enough by then) and i think it just gave a nice resounding end. Definitely gave me the chills.

The only thing I still have a qualm about is the fact that Aaron didn't come back. His presence was duly needed and I think having him be the only character besides Jack to be in all 8 seasons woulda been awesome. Plus, by the end of 8, i was really missing some of the old characters and I think it would have made the finale so much more epic.

All in all, the fact that they were able to close the show off well, NOT get cancelled, and leave you with a sense of closure and still wanting more....that takes mad skills. Very few shows (if any I think) have ever been able to do that.
 [b]Day 25: Was the series finale everything you hoped/expected it to be? Why/why not?[/b] I think, o
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas jlhfan624 said…
Contrary to belief, 24 DID get canceled.
heart

24 is my favorite. Of all-time. Forever & always. I know that I will never, EVER love any show more than I love 24. (For that matter, I will never love any other form of entertainment more than 24.) “Oh well Heather, you haven’t seen every show so how do you know for sure?!” I know. I can feel it. This kind of passion only comes around once in a lifetime, and 24 is essentially the love of my life.

Basically there should never be any question over where my loyalties lie. Always with 24, no matter what the circumstances. I have this show placed on the highest possible pedestal you can imagine.
 araw 26: [b]Where does 24 rank in your paborito shows of all-time?[/b] 24 is my favorite. Of all-time
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas PotterForever said…
Day 25: Was the series finalle everything you hoped/expected it to be? Why/why not

For the most part yes. It was well put together and emotional and seemed like a fitting finalle. The only thing I don't like about the finalle is the final scene. Now bear in mind I LOVE the final conversation between Jack and Chloe, but aside from that I thought the ending itself was way to simmilar to the ending of season 4. But overall I thought it was a great finalle.
heart
Nuh uh. It really got cancelled? I read in a bunch of places that the writers just decided to end it after day 8 because there was the possibility of it getting cancelled. Did these articles LIE to me?!

It's my favorite show of all time. Most definitely, #1. I honestly don't believe it's ever going to get bumped off of there. I have never seen any other show be so well written, well acted, well documented, and just original in general. And most of them tank after a certain number of seasons but not 24. This show...changed my life. There's really no other way to put it. If every other tv show on this planet got destroyed, as long as I had my 24, I would make it through.
Yes it was canceled. But I think the writers tried to make it seem like it wasn't by saying that it was a mutual decision. Though it is true that Kiefer's contract was up at 8 seasons, but he was willing to go for more. Fox ended them.
heart
Day 27: Favorite season premiere

I changed this from least favorite subplot because it's a better question anyway. But of course you're all still welcome to do that one instead.

This is a difficult one for me because I also love season 5's opening a lot too, but I got to thinking about it and I like each and place them as my favorites for different reasons. 5 is the best because it works perfectly within the show and it's a GREAT continuity from season 4's ending, BUT you have to already have been a fan for it to have that kind of impact on you. Whereas with 6's, it tells the story perfectly. It tells all the new viewers everything they need to know (Jack was in prison, Chloe is his best friend and would do anything to make sure he's okay, Jack is a BAMF) and gives all the old viewers everything they so love along with a fabulous new cast of characters (Tom Lennox! HELLO! And I like Nadia, okay.)

So they are each awesome in their own way but I'm going with season 6 on this one. Not to mention the fact that the first 4 episodes of the season alone are the best way they have ever opening a season.
 araw 27: [b]Favorite season premiere[/b] I changed this from least paborito subplot because it's a be
meh

I wouldn't have killed Sherry. If I were the writers, I probably would have overused her character because I love her so much.
I would have had Jack kill Dana earlier. Like in the first episode of season 8 or something.
MORE MIKE NOVICK!
MORE TOM LENNOX!

These aren't so much complaints about the show (except Sherry, I complain about her death every day to anyone who will pretend to listen), just so much as things that if *I* were a 24 writer, I would have done.
 araw 28: [b]Something you would have changed[/b] I wouldn't have killed Sherry. If I were the writers
cool
Day 27: Favorite Season Premiere:
Easy. Season 5. By far. That season opening was just....oh my gosh. Like within the first 5 minutes you've got David, Tony, and Michelle all down and you're just sitting there like wtf just happened?! You don't even have time to freak out because it just keeps moving moving moving. You get the introduction of Martha Logan who you know is gonna be an interesting character, you have Jack being Frank Flynn, and then you have Chloe running for her f-ing life as they try and kill her. I think the scariest scene is when she's talking to Edgar on the phone and he's like "I've been trying to reach you all day! They got Tony and Michelle! And Palmer! What does this have in common!" And Chloe's like realizing that she's the last link and turns around to see that guy. I was like "SHIT CHLOE RUN!!!!" SO intense. You can't beat that, man.

Day 28: Something You Would Have Changed:
If I was a 24 writer...there are actually a few things I would have changed here or there but there are 2 main ones. First is that Aaron wasn't in season 8. I know that that could have been an issue with getting Glenn back, but somehow I find it hard to believe that they couldn't have gotten him for 1 episode. He was very much needed and i will always have an issue with the fact that he appeared in all seasons EXCEPT the last one.

My other one is that I would have created a closure for Bill/Karen. That also really bothers me a lot that their storyline was left hanging. I would have written in a scene with Karen in season 7 talking to Bill, or something along those lines. I thought I read somewhere too that they had originally done this and then cut it out. ...............I would have used the extra 3 minutes to write a scene in.

I also would have never created the character of Renee. But that's just me. :p
last edited sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas
crying
Day 29: Best use of the silent clock

Without a doubt, I believe everybody should pick the unforgettable season 1 finale. The actual silent clock to begin with was actually an editorial glitch, but when fans liked it they stuck with it. I think this is the most powerful of all the clocks given the relationship between our hero Jack & his wife. I mean, it's his WIFE! They broke a cardinal rule right there by killing her of all people. And for that reason alone, this is the best use of the silent clock. It's not the most emotional for me but for Jack it is, and he is the reason we are even feeling anything at all.

"I said you can't do this. I'm begging you, you cannot do this. You can't have an audience follow these characters for 24 hours and then not give them what they want. You can't do it, they'll hate you for it. They'll hate me for it, they'll hate us for it. Please I'm begging you, you can't do it. And Joel was like 'No, we're doing it.'

And that was the first of many times I have been horrifically wrong. People did hate it. They were mad, they were angry that she died. But they were grateful because it made them feel something, and it didn't always have to be good.

They were glad about the President being saved, and they were relieved about my daughter, and they were livid and hurt and angered by my wife being killed. Well that's a full spectrum of feeling and isn't that in the end, what we're supposed to be doing?"
- Kiefer
last edited sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas
 araw 29: [b]Best use of the silent clock[/b] Without a doubt, I believe everybody should pick the unf
sa loob ng isang taon na ang nakalipas PotterForever said…
Day 26: Where does 24 rank in your favorite shows of all time

#1 or course!

Day 27: Favorite season premiere

Season six. Those first four episodes are phenomenal, some of 24's best

I wouldn't have had Jack's father be a terrorist. I felt that was a twist just for the sake of having a twist, and it just didn't feel right.
crying
LAST DAY FOR ME!! I'M INTERNALLY CRYING!!

Day 30: When the franchise is over for good, how should it end? Jack dead or happy?

I'm a masochist. I enjoy tragic things (in fiction of course) because of the emotional impact it has on me. Under normal circumstances, I would be annoyed at the supposed "realism" something claims to be, and have them go through all this horrible stuff and have a cheesy happy ending at the end of it all. But this is different, 24 is always different.

Jack Bauer must not die. Let me rephrase. Jack Bauer will NOT die or I will crawl myself into a deep depression and never come out of it. He's lost his wife, he's lost dozens of friends, he's lost his only family, his daughter FINALLY started coming around to him, his love interests have either gone crazy, died, or left before either could happen to them. He needs to be happy. I need for him to be happy. I don't care if in the end, he is not romantically involved with anybody (but if they did to that it would have to be Audrey). I want him to be with Kim & his granddaughter, because that's where he belongs.

I don't want it to be too cheesy because it would not fit in with the rest of the series, but I want him to be happy. Forever. That's it, give the guy his family and end the franchise forever.
 LAST araw FOR ME!! I'M INTERNALLY CRYING!! araw 30: [b]When the franchise is over for good, how should
Day 29: Best Use of the Silent Clock

Without a doubt, Teri Bauer's death. This, to me, is one of the saddest if not the saddest of the entire series and just adding the silent clock to it makes it that much more devastating and a huge impact. I love too that originally the writers weren't going to implement it at all but then it became this significant aspect of the show. And they're so right in knowing that each silent clock was thought through well and each one means something not only for the character and the others on the show, but to the audience.

I think all of them were employed well except in season 8; I don't think they should have given out 2. One of the best parts about it is that they are scarce and only happen at really meaningful moments. I would say, overall, it was such a perfect addition to the show and something that no other one can ever steal :)

How it should end? Jack dying. How i want it to end so that my heart doesn't break? Jack being happy. So Imma go with Jack being happy.

24 is one of those shows, from the start, that you learn very early anyone is expendable. Anyone. Doesn't matter what your role on the show is, what you mean to Jack or anyone else. You can die any second and THAT'S what makes the show not only interesting but it's one of the reasons why you get addicted. For me, with my favorite shows, it's always about the characters.

I am introduced to certain characters on a show and i just connect with them. When they're happy im happy. When they're upset, I'm upset and i just get so emotionally involved. With 24, that was the case to the extreme and even more so with Jack. Jack...he's just one of those perfect, tragic guys in that he's so good and yet crap happens to him and he has to deal with that. And all i want is to see him happy and finally find someone he can settle down with, and finally be able to enjoy life with his daughter and family. THAT would be one of the most gratifying things, ever.

However, knowing the show, I wouldn't be surprised if they did kill Jack and it would probably make a lot of sense. I'm really just hoping that the movie keeps him alive and either leaves the option open for another movie to be made or else give Jack the happy ever after and leave it at that.

And on that note, I have now completed my 30 Day 24 Challenge. SO much fun! I will miss this :(